Senate Republicans confirm - no hearings on their health-care bill

Now?
The ACA became law in march '10.
That's 14 months after inauguration.
Right now we are 5 months after inauguration.
So while i share your sentiment in that i doubt Republicans will have done anything good 9 months from now, i can't help but find your comment unconvincing.
I don't think time frames are that relevant in that respect.

Republicans made the mistake of taking on Obamacare right away, which made healthcare their problem. If they pass their healthcare bill, they will be accountable for what it does. If they fail to pass it, they will be responsible for not doing anything to save it. Waiting for a collapse to blame it on the democrats, while irresponsible and despicable, might have worked, but they blocked that path for themselves.

They are currently incapable of passing legislation that would fix the problem, and what they are trying to pass would fail at that regardless. Republicans (both in congress as well as their base) need to learn that being in government, especially if you control both branches, means you are accountable what happens to people if you do nothing to prevent it.

No I mean non-partisan experts on the subject matter who do are capable of doing the analysis. That is the point of the congressional budget office, these are experts with a proven track record of good analysis.

Liberals have proven over and over again that they don't know what non-partisan is.

Liberals have proven over and over again that they don't know what non-partisan is.

This is so fantastic.

But, while I know you present as being right-wing, I am a little confused as to how you'd prefer anything Trump would do over Obamacare. Nearly anyone looking at the data knows that single-payer is superior, not only in practice, but in theory. So, obviously Obamacare fails (hard) on this front, pathetically so, I don't see how Trump can be predicted to get closer to the mark.

The Democrats's Russian Conspiracy Theory was also a "non-partisan" investigation that didn't exist, but the Democrats "had" evidence from several "non-partisan" government agencies and "unnamed" sources.

Too bad Comey's testimony proved that was yet another partisan Democrat lie.

Huff Post really?

Lol, don't waste my time.

Covered California has been massively successful though. The state voted overwhelmingly to continue with the program last year.

But, while I know you present as being right-wing, I am a little confused as to how you'd prefer anything Trump would do over Obamacare.

Your daddy's GOP is dead. Your dealing with an entirely new animal.

We just ate your lunch and you've lost the Mid-West working class forever.

Conservatives have proven over and over again that they don't know what reality is.

Conservatives have proven over and over again that they don't know what reality is.
Neither have any idea what Reality or Non-Partisanship is, the whole system needs a good purge. Or flush, since it resembles a frequently used toilet that hasn't been flushed in about a decade or two......

Neither have any idea what Reality or Non-Partisanship is, the whole system needs a good purge. Or flush, since it resembles a frequently used toilet that hasn't been flushed in about a decade or two......
No, many democratic politicians are pretty grounded in reality. They do have some blind spots, but they're not off the charts out of it like most Republicans in power.

Well, the Tea Party built on a movement of loudness. And, in such an environment, you select for partisan bias.

Trump rode to power on a wave of misinformation. I can say that of any truly successful political movement, but given how angry Trump's rise was, their alternate reality or half-truths have vastly more terrible subtexts.

Trump will fix the mess that is Obamacare. He will take care of the millions of Obamacare victims.
The Democrats would rather obstruct, hurt the country, and watch Obamacare implode. It's already dead in the water and people are suffering.

How are Democrats going to obstruct ? Like shutting down the entire US government
Republicans can just pass a clean repeal bill then, go back to the old system and learn why Healthcare was collapsing in the aging and hollowed out Rual states with the growing Meth epidemic.

Those tax cuts arent going to pay for themselves you know.

Last edited:

I will say one thing, generation has deserved to see the hardship of a vicious and bloody civil war or nuclear hellfire more than spoiled millennials and baby boomers who have no idea how good they have it and who's main activity is to ____ and moan about their non-problems. One way or another you end up getting the world you ask for.

Not a fan of baby boomers either. They raised these brats.

Moderator Action: Insulting an entire generation is well below our civility standards. FP
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans made the mistake of taking on Obamacare right away, which made healthcare their problem. If they pass their healthcare bill, they will be accountable for what it does. If they fail to pass it, they will be responsible for not doing anything to save it. Waiting for a collapse to blame it on the democrats, while irresponsible and despicable, might have worked, but they blocked that path for themselves.
Erm... yes. That's all true.
But my comparison still holds.

Just wait nine months and blame them then, is all i'm saying.
I'm confident we'll have all the reason to do that then.

Sure, but I'm talking about current perception by the public.

Republican partisans are rubbing their hands at the thought of Obamacare imploding as soon as possible, I was just saying that this plan isn't going to work anymore regardless of when that happens.

Sure, but I'm talking about current perception by the public.

Republican partisans are rubbing their hands at the thought of Obamacare imploding as soon as possible, I was just saying that this plan isn't going to work anymore regardless of when that happens.

Yeah, and sticking with my analogy i'm not sure that's true.
Like, the ACA was in trouble even before the election.
Now surely, all sorts of actors have helped sabotaging it back then, but that's neither here nor there.

Like, if i was one of them voted-democrat-since-Lincoln people in a trailor park in bumblefrack-nowhere eastern Kentucky, i would blame that on the dude having made the most sabotage-unproof bill in the history of bad law-making.

Top Bottom