Senate Republicans confirm - no hearings on their health-care bill

FriendlyFire

Codex WMDicanious
This is hilarious, Obamacare took an entire year to pass and the Bill was available online for everyone to download read and debate. Well lookie here !

Senate Republicans confirm - no hearings on their health-care bill

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) erupted Thursday at a Senate Finance Committee hearing over how Senate Republicans are conducting negotiations over the GOP-backed American Health Care Act. After finally squeezing an answer out of chairman Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) confirming that there would not be any hearings on the bill, McCaskill went off on the lack of transparency and bipartisanship surrounding the discussions.

Hatch tried to assuage McCaskill by saying that Republicans have invited Democrats to share their ideas, eliciting a scoff from McCaskill. "When you say that you're inviting us and I heard you, Mr. Secretary, just say that you'd love our support — for what? We don't even know. We have no idea what's being proposed," McCaskill said, as Hatch sat by silently. "There's a group of guys in a back room somewhere that are making these decisions."

McCaskill acknowledged that Democrats had "made mistakes" when crafting the Affordable Care Act, former President Barack Obama's flagship health-care law, but she noted that at least there were hearings then where Republican amendments were proposed and accepted. "One of the criticisms that we got over and over again was that the vote was partisan," McCaskill said, referring to Democrats' process of passing ObamaCare. "Well, you couldn't have a more partisan exercise than what you're engaged in right now. We're not even going to have a hearing on a bill that impacts one-sixth of our economy."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/70472...r-confirmed-there-no-hearings-healthcare-bill

The hearings would be bad optics. They know the Democrats will use a lot of the same tactics they did to smear the bill. This is why we all have to vote in 2018 to put an end to this garbage.

This is why we all have to vote in 2018 to put an end to this garbage.
Full ticket straight dem voting at state and federal level until 2020. End Republican Gerrymandering.

After that feel free to vote republican or 3rd party again if dems are pissing you off.

The crap is on their hands now, regardless if they pass a bill or not. So voters will know where the stink comes from.

Full ticket straight dem voting at state and federal level until 2020. End Republican Gerrymandering.

After that feel free to vote republican or 3rd party again if dems are pissing you off.

Whatever.

As if it isn't just a feature of who has won last and what they expect to gain.

The crap is on their hands now, regardless if they pass a bill or not. So voters will know where the stink comes from.

Now?
The ACA became law in march '10.
That's 14 months after inauguration.
Right now we are 5 months after inauguration.
So while i share your sentiment in that i doubt Republicans will have done anything good 9 months from now, i can't help but find your comment unconvincing.

Now?
The ACA became law in march '10.
That's 14 months after inauguration.
Right now we are 5 months after inauguration.
So while i share your sentiment in that i doubt Republicans will have done anything good 9 months from now, i can't help but find your comment unconvincing.
Not exactly. Most of the implementation was deferred 3-4 years. It went into effect, for most purposes, in 2013 and 2014. The big website fiasco started in October 2013.

Notice how it avoided the 2012 election. That was intentional.

J

Yes, the fact it was a large overhaul with multiple moving parts requiring heavy cooperation from private insurance companies who dislike unforeseen changes had nothing to do with the time it took to bring into law.
You would think if the ACA was as awesome as Obama said it was -and as popular as it continues to be- the Dems would have wanted it to go into effect in time for the 2012 election.

Not exactly. Most of the implementation was deferred 3-4 years. It went into effect, for most purposes, in 2013 and 2014. The big website fiasco started in October 2013.

J

1. We all know this.
2. You interjecting this missed the point Leoreth and i were arguing about, missed it in fact to an obnoxious degree.

This is hilarious, Obamacare took an entire year to pass and the Bill was available online for everyone to download read and debate. Well lookie here !

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

"Your rates will not go up."

Needless to say Obama's "transparency" was overwhelming.

Last edited:
"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."
"Your rates will not go up."
Needless to say Obama's "transparency" was overwhelming.

Thank God for Republican and Trump, the man who can tell no Lie

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”
“I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid”
“We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.”
“I firmly believe that nobody will be worse off financially in the process that we’re going through.”
“I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

Trump will fix the mess that is Obamacare. He will take care of the millions of Obamacare victims.

The Democrats would rather obstruct, hurt the country, and watch Obamacare implode. It's already dead in the water and people are suffering.

Last edited:
Trump will fix the mess that is Obamacare. He will take care of the millions of Obamacare victims.
By making 24 million more people not hqve health insurance?

*Yawn, that's just more liberal fear-mongering.

If Obamacare implodes, and it will, there's going to be a lot more than 24 million without insurance.

Last edited:

Nah, I think I'll just keep voting however I damn well please.

*Yawn, that's just more liberal fear-mongering.
No it's what the experts are stating.

If Obamacare implodes, and it will, there's going to be a lot more than 24 million without insurance.
ACA market failures for 2018 are being caused by Trump's purposeful mismanagement and unwillingness to try to make it work. Even still, there are relatively few areas where private insurers have totally backed out of the individual marketplace, so it's exceedingly improbable that the amount of uninsured would rise if more than if the ACHA was passed.

But by all means prove me wrong.

No it's what the experts are stating.

By "experts" you mean liberal establishment elitists telling other liberal elitists that they world is going to end. I'll believe it when I see it.

After all Hillary is president, Comey had Trump under investigation, and unnamed sources have evidence of a Russian conspiracy... woops.

And don't worry. Trump's going to be impeached. They're right this time. The left has credibility. :rolleyes::lol:

Note: In California where government officials want Obamacare to work, it's working.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b013c4816b639f?ymm&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Huff Post really?

Lol, don't waste my time.

Last edited:
By "experts" you mean liberal establishment elitists telling other liberal elitists that they world is going to end. I'll believe it when I see it.
No I mean non-partisan experts on the subject matter who do are capable of doing the analysis. That is the point of the congressional budget office, these are experts with a proven track record of good analysis.

Republican politicians have no real answer to that. They don't have an alternative analysis demonstrating a solid fact-based case why the AHCA is better. They're unwilling to do the math.

It's BS, plain and simple.

Top Bottom