Sengir03 - The Orwellian State

Any thoughts on order of elimination?

Ragnar is the obvious first choice because he's in our way. Sitting Bull the obvious last choice because of protective + totem poles. Would we want to take Korea next, or America?

That would depend a bit on the diplo involved I suppose. No need to worry about that now.

@Brian Shanahan, if you can avoid building warriors and get bowmen out instead when we get archery in 4 turns, all the better. Otherwise sounds good.

Ok am playing now, a bit later than planned, due to Interweb dongle dieing on me (due to Goldstein and his band of traitors no doubt, another thing to chalk up for the 2 minute hate).
Will build bowmen (the floating fortresses of our age).

Ok I played up to turn 80, to get us back to an even 0. Not much happened but I will give a full and truthful report anyway.
First the autolog from our Party approved computer:
Spoiler :

Logging by BUG Mod 4.3 [Build 2139] (BtS 3.13-3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 65/750 (2375 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:05:37]
100% Research: 16 per turn
0% Espionage: 4 per turn
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 46 in the bank

Turn 66/750 (2350 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:05:37]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 43 in the bank

Turn 67/750 (2325 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:06:27]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 40 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Wang Kon (Korea) towards Ragnar (Vikings), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Wang Kon (Korea) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 68/750 (2300 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:08:31]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 37 in the bank

After End Turn:
Tech research finished: Archery

Turn 69/750 (2275 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:08:39]
Research begun: Sailing (11 Turns)
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 34 in the bank

After End Turn:
Babylon grows to size 4
Babylon begins: Warrior (6 turns)
Babylon finishes: Warrior

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Wang Kon (Korea) towards Ragnar (Vikings), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Wang Kon (Korea) towards Washington (America), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 70/750 (2250 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:09:08]
Babylon begins: Bowman (6 turns)
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 31 in the bank

After End Turn:
Akkad finishes: Warrior

Turn 71/750 (2225 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:09:50]
Akkad begins: Worker (18 turns)
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 28 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Wang Kon (Korea) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Wang Kon (Korea) towards Washington (America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 72/750 (2200 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:10:26]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 25 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Sitting Bull (Native America) towards Wang Kon (Korea), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Wang Kon (Korea) towards Washington (America), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Washington (America) towards Wang Kon (Korea), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 73/750 (2175 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:10:37]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 22 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Civics Change: Wang Kon(Korea) from 'Tribalism' to 'Slavery'

Turn 74/750 (2150 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:10:41]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 19 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Babylon

Turn 75/750 (2125 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:11:40]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 16 in the bank

After End Turn:
Babylon's borders expand
Babylon finishes: Bowman

Turn 76/750 (2100 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:12:09]
Babylon begins: Settler (13 turns)
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 13 in the bank

Turn 77/750 (2075 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:12:49]
0% Gold: -4 per turn, 10 in the bank

Turn 78/750 (2050 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:12:56]
0% Gold: -4 per turn, 6 in the bank

After End Turn:
Tech research finished: Sailing

Turn 79/750 (2025 BC) [27-Jul-2010 20:13:11]
Research begun: Iron Working (22 Turns)
Research begun: Writing (19 Turns)

My own report is as follows:
Turn 69
Archery in> Sailing
Turn 70
Warrior>Bowman in Babylon (warrior stationed in Bab plebs were getting restless).
Turn 71
Warrior>worker Akkad
Turn 74
Wandering warrior caught between Boston and NY I heard a faint whisper "The horror, the horror" (imagine getting a Konrad reference into a Blair themed game).
Turn 76
Babylon Bowman>Settler.
Turn 79
Sailing>Writing (AI no have senor)
Research is down to 70%
Turn 80 theres a warrior down south being chased by two barbs.

A few screenshots:
Spoiler :

My thoughts, plant down one city, get writing and IW done, and then declare war on the best target (probably Ragnar).
Though remember the words: "No Battle Plan Survives First Contact With the Enemy".

The save (forget the wrong date just saved a turn earlier and overwrote):

Final thing I will be out of comission from Sunday to August 18th, due to the aforementioned wedding.

Attachments

• Sengir-03 BC-2025.CivBeyondSwordSave
    89.2 KB · Views: 46
Seems to go according to the centrally controlled plan.

Won't we need mysticism to get some culture going, or do we have that already?

Final thing I will be out of comission from Sunday to August 18th, due to the aforementioned wedding.
:wow: Weddings take more than two weeks down in Ankh-Morpork? :)

:wow: Weddings take more than two weeks down in Ankh-Morpork? :)

The afters do (and it's actually Ireland). Well what's really happening is that I'm going up home and my brother's coming from Holland so I'll be Guy Incognito around here for a while.

A note of Fog busting thought police, they could be moved 1 east for the southern one and 1 east, 1 North East for the Northernly unit to fog bust out potential Goldstein Galley's.

Now we only need a last unit upon the grassland hill to the South between the cities, and we've fogbusted the coast entirely. The scouting warrior could be used to this effect. Or take the Warrior out of Akkad, and replace it with the scouting warrior returning home.

2nd blocking city below the Jungle is required urgently, then we should back fill our own back yards, growing our city count, potential army generation, and Iron spawning points. With the off shore city (city No 4) we have 7 cities, with conquest of Ragnars 3 Max, then onto Wangs few cites. Rolling up Washington and Sitting bull lastly, as they'll hate each other. (Historically, fugitively and Actually)

Actually, having just looked at the Foreign Adviser tab, Washington, Sitting Bull and Wang Kon, all have +3 initial modifier so we'll be universally hated once Ragnar's eliminated.

We should start preparing for Ragnars elimination, and being Universally hated by the other 3.

Maybe we should keep Ragnar, and Eliminate Wang 1st.

Hmm, though Wang is Protective. Can we handle that prior to developing Construction and Catapults? Is early war in our best interest, or should we develop our peninsula as much first (if this was discussed earlier, I missed it--busy busy busy here in Room 101).

I cannot open the save, for reasons I have mentioned (well, might be able to get another PC to look at it, but that's about all), but from the pretty pictures it looks like our chunk of land may be best used for ... actually, I'm not sure. It seems we have room for 3 more cities with only 2 food resources to go between them. Cottages? Or farms for whip fodder?

Bluh.

I prefer taking Ragnar first. Our empire will be inconveniently stretched out if we go for Wang, which will cost in maintenance and make it harder to defend. Of course if we lack iron, warring with just bowmen would be awfully painful.

This is an official got it. Plan to follow (without any Orwellian references) as I have long ago forgotten anything I read in high school. Kind of sad! But true. :(

Thanks for the book Brian.

PPP:

Babylon completes settler>bowman

Akkad worker>bowman

settler to blocking city N of Akkad (will hold settling until Writing is in) unless Ragnar shows up with another settler

worker will stop roading and go to Akkad's wheat to farm it and then mine the PH

move fogbusters East

1975 b.c. Turn 81

whip settler in Babylon

1925 b.c. Turn 83

one of Ragnar's workers ripe for the picking? Note also that he is farming the horse

Spoiler :

1900 b.c. Turn 84

Judaism FIADL

1775 b.c. Turn 89

Babylon finishes its bowman starts a wb for city #3

1625 b.c. Turn 95

2 of Ragnar's workers available and one of WK’s.

Spoiler :

1550 b.c. Turn 98

Writing in.

Sorry for the brief report. I’m going out of town for a few days and I didn’t want to hold the game up. Wang (founder) and Ragnar are now Buddhist. We might want to go after Ragnar’s worker anyway. We could sort of choke him with bowmen. It would seem he doesn’t have AH revealing the horses in both cities.

Attachments

• Sengir-03 BC-1550.CivBeyondSwordSave
    102 KB · Views: 47
Yeah a choke on Ragnar now seems opportune, so I'd vote yes, and rush a few bowmwn to the front and to Akkad (in case of Eastasian backstab). Though with a force of only 3 bowmen and 2 warriors in theatre, we'll need some feinforcements on the fly.

Also i opened the save and was offered Buddhism as State Religion straight away, so it may be an idea to adopt it. Both Americans are still undecided. That is all that I can see now.

I'm always up for worker steal. :trouble: :lol: Do we know if Ragnar has copper?

Looking at the save oh glorious leader of the Junior Anti-Sex League, and right hand of BB I don't think so, though there is a fogged unforested hill just north of Nidaros which could hold it.

We could take the Workers (and maybe hope that Ragnar's new city is un- or lightly defended), then beeline Nidaros and try to cut the Copper if it's there. With a Bowman + Warrior, they might live long enough to give their lives to the greater cause of Big Brother!

Just taking Ragnar's horsey city would be awesome. Then we could make peace and chariot rush Nidaros later.

Ragnar DOESN'T HAVE COPPER.

Why:confused: Umm we are 1.2 in Green of his strength with Archers and Warriors, numbering how many???? 3 Archers and 3 warriors. NO walls, No Horses, NO COPPER, NO SPEARS.

Our Mighty Army, could AND SHOULD storm the Central European area's. Size all that lovely Tea (cha) for yourselves, Oh the chocolate rations will need to be cut back to 20%.

Grab the Workers, what will Ragnar do, build some troops, and huff and puff at us. With No workers=No Pastures. So he has to build some more, further delaying him. Hang them in the Park for their war crimes. Spies, all of them, Eurasian spies, agents of GOLDSTIEN :D

Washington and Sitting Bull are the Scary ones with Copper, we are at 70% and 85% in RED

Top Bottom