Sengir03 - The Orwellian State

Will likely start this off this evening. Some more comments would be appreciated (Sengir, Norvin, IPEX?)!

Otherwise I'll just go SIP and then this:
Tech, I'd go fishing-mining-BW. Build warrior first, switch immediately to WB when fishing is in (unless warrior finishes in 1 or 2 turns, let it finish). Maybe even 2nd workboat before worker?
Only if the one tile in the fog would give a food resource I'd reconsider, but to me it looks like another forest.

Regarding worker-timing, I think it need not be finished until some 6 turns before BW is in, or however long it takes to mine that hill. After mining it can chop a bit (settlers?). Probably pottery after BW is a good idea so it can build some cottages. Anyway, that's for long after I finished the set. Some 20-25 turns for starters?

@Whosit, had we had some floodplains then pottery first might have been an option but improving riverless grass as our first improvement can't be worthwhile... Better get to fishing boats and chopping power first imo.

Well, we can't build a workboat until we have fishing... Alternatively, I could start on a worker and switch to workboat when fishing is in. Then continue with worker after that workboat. While busy on the workboat I guess we'll grow to size 2 anyway as barring the fogged tile we'll have to work a 2f1h tile. Well, will play around with that a bit.

Yeup, sip, warrior first then WB's > worker and whip like mad.

@Brian Shanahan: Why? Do you want a spot on the roster? Because you already are on the roster, in fact, you have always been on the roster. Having a roster of 7 shouldn't be problematic as we're in the summer season, so I expect some skips anyway.

Played 30 turns, went fishing, mining, BW (in progress). Builds, warrior (took 11 turns, fishing 10 so okay for timing), WB, WB (in progress).

Our soon to be glorious capital:

Thought for a while we were alone on a tiny island, but then in rapid succession 4 guys presented themselves. If we are with 6 AIs in total, the thing about having to declare on the other continent once we conquered our own will be kind of moot-ish...

Territory scouted so far:

Over to happyturtle!

Attachments

• Sengir-03 BC-3250.CivBeyondSwordSave
    53.2 KB · Views: 56
Esteemed fellow leaders of the great Orwellian state:

We have the opportunity to liberate citizens of The Enemy and allow them to come live in Freedom and Prosperity within our borders!

Spoiler :

Steal worker, or no? We have 36 hammers into our own worker, but more workers are always nice. Not to mention weakening our nearest neighbor in the early game. Nobody we've met yet is friendly to Ragnar. But, he has archers and we have no copper anywhere in sight.

If I were playing alone, I'd do it. :trouble: :D

Attachments

• Sengir-03 BC-2925.CivBeyondSwordSave
    60.5 KB · Views: 58
@Brian Shanahan: Why? Do you want a spot on the roster? Because you already are on the roster, in fact, you have always been on the roster. Having a roster of 7 shouldn't be problematic as we're in the summer season, so I expect some skips anyway.

Heh heh heh.

@Happyturtle: Do it.

Mmm, if we would have had bronze then maybe yes, now I think it might come back as a boomerang. If Ragnar does have bronze soon we'll have to go defend with warriors if we don't have horses either or waste research on archery. Ragnar won't sign peace soon. Also we'll have to use our scarce hammers for defensive units instead of trying to claim land asap to the west. If Ragnar won't then Wang or any other neighbour will plop cities there and we'll be limited to a very small peninsula. I think the risk is too big for the benefit.

Mmm, if we would have had bronze then maybe yes, now I think it might come back as a boomerang. If Ragnar does have bronze soon we'll have to go defend with warriors if we don't have horses either or waste research on archery. Ragnar won't sign peace soon. Also we'll have to use our scarce hammers for defensive units instead of trying to claim land asap to the west. If Ragnar won't then Wang or any other neighbour will plop cities there and we'll be limited to a very small peninsula. I think the risk is too big for the benefit.

Oh, fine, get all logical on us. :p

C'monnnn ... warriors can beat Axemen! It's like the spearman vs. the tank! :lol:

It's a bit late for a choke (though if that's a forested hill south of Nidaros, it looks tempting), so without copper, I wouldn't go for it. Better to run our first settler that direction and seal something of for us (Cow + Wheat + 2PH makes for decent production site to get us through the first wars).

Big Sister does not own the Empire. Oh no, she is merely a caretaker. A citizen whose task it was to ensure the wellbeing of the other citizens. All citizens are equal, after all.

She looks over the lands she is responsible for and sees that it is ungood. The hills are free of mines, the meadows free of roads, and the non-existent roads free of armies marching to crush the enemies of the State.

Doubleplusungood. :nono:

Big Sister knows the reason for this. Treason. She orders a purge of all subversive enemies of the state. The public executions inspire the populace, who immediately send out a work crew to begin improving the lands of the State.

Spoiler :

Finished workboat, started worker and whipped after BW came in, spend 2 or 3 turns on a warrior to grow the city back to size 3, then put the settler on to get the chop hammers.

Researching AH after BW in hopes of having horses. Otherwise, we'll have to rex like mad and hope for iron.

Sitting Bull and Ragnar have both gotten their second cities out. Hope we haven't been choked off too badly.

Over to IPEX!

Attachments

• Sengir-03 BC-2750.CivBeyondSwordSave
    67.6 KB · Views: 60
I'd hustle a settler over to the coastal plains hill to our SW snagging the cow/wheat/silk spot and figure that we'll be fighting Ragnar at some point. Hopefully, our warrior gets bumped south of Washington when he builds his next city. It would be great to know what the land to our SW looks like.

Unless Ragnar already got the cow/wheat/silk.

There's another warrior I had headed back north to check out that big black spot.

Yeup, sip, warrior first then WB's > worker and whip like mad.

Doubleplusgood BB. Let us crush those Eurasian and Eastasian saboteurs and traitors once and for all, and bring enlightenment to the world! I'm pleased that the malreptorage of my participation was rectified, and I hope the traitors involved were punished for their feeble attempt to denigrate you BB.

Spoiler :
I was only messing, but if I'm on the roster, I'm on the roster.

Hmm, it seems Ragnar is awfully boxed in, he'll surely declare on someone in the BCs... If possible I think I'd put the 2nd city on the plains hill 1N of the wheat. It's coastal, better natural defense from the hill. The area west of those silks should be scouted though, in the unlikely case it's still unsettled when our settler reaches it and some wonderful spot and/or resource (bronze!) would show up then of course it's well worth considering.

Big Sister thinks 1N of wheat is plusgood if doubleplusgood silk site is taken.

If we have no horsies, should we go for archery and Bowmen, or Iron Working?

Big Sister thinks 1N of wheat is plusgood if doubleplusgood silk site is taken.

If we have no horsies, should we go for archery and Bowmen, or Iron Working?

O'Brien thinks the Party should go for Iron Working, the Party needs to attack to liberate the misguided proles. Must dash two minute hate is on.

Yes I'll also need a skip over the weekend, have to go home and root out traitors for the glory of the party.

Top Bottom