[GS] Sept 10th Patch Bugs

Quindorrian

Chieftain
So, the September 10th Patch has apparently really screwed up the game for us Mac users. I have submitted a bug report to Firaxis/2K in the hopes that they issue a quick patch, but I wanted to list the confirmed bugs I've found so far. Interested to see if you've all encountered the same bugs and if you've encountered additional ones. The bugs I've encountered are:

1. Metal renderer no longer works in full screen and no longer accepts resolution changes.
2. Traders can no longer be sent on trade routes.
3. Spies can no longer be sent on missions and can no longer be transferred to cities.

I really hope these bugs are fixed soon because they are truly game-breaking...

1. Can confirm the full-screen mode no longer works. Attempted on both my MacBook Pro and iMac with no success.
2. The Mods screen consistently locked up the game when I opened it to see if any subscribe mods survived the update (nope)
3. Tried a game on the Lakes map only to learn my civ started on an island, alone, and sized for maybe 3 cities.

I'll probably roll back to the last DLC since this one does not appear ready for play.

So, the September 10th Patch has apparently really screwed up the game for us Mac users. I have submitted a bug report to Firaxis/2K in the hopes that they issue a quick patch, but I wanted to list the confirmed bugs I've found so far. Interested to see if you've all encountered the same bugs and if you've encountered additional ones. The bugs I've encountered are:

1. Metal renderer no longer works in full screen and no longer accepts resolution changes.
3. Spies can no longer be sent on missions and can no longer be transferred to cities.

OpenGL still works, have to manually set it from the Aspyr splash screen - right side under Options.. That will allow you to play Full Screen Mode.
The Non-Functioning Traders, at least for me, turned out to be a Mod Conflict. I could send Traders with all Mods disabled, now I'm working through the Mods to see which one(s) caused the conflict.
Haven't played any game far enough to get Spies. We'll see .

I agree, though, the Mac version of this Patch needs some patching itself . . .

Thx for the tip on OpenGL. Had totally forgotten that was there, swapping it fixed the full screen mode issue.

Fixed my mod issue by going into the ~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods/ and ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/workshop folders and deleting all the mod data within. Seems the mod I used for skipping the starting trailers still worked on launch, but corrupted the mod screen. With it gone, those problems went away. Course, now the trailers are back, sigh!

The launcher keeps signing me out.

Didn’t think about switching th OpenGL for the full screen issue, will try that later.

I have submitted a bug report to Firaxis/2K in the hopes that they issue a quick patch, but I wanted to list the confirmed bugs I've found so far.

Remember, Mac-specific bugs need to be reported to Aspyr. They convert Firaxis' Windows version to the Mac/Linux/iOS/Switch.

The Non-Functioning Traders, at least for me, turned out to be a Mod Conflict. I could send Traders with all Mods disabled, now I'm working through the Mods to see which one(s) caused the conflict.
Haven't played any game far enough to get Spies.

What Mod was causing the conflict for you? I am not using any mods that affect traders, so I can't really figure this out. Plus, none of the mods I am using have this as a reported issues and all of them were working perfectly for the the past several weeks up to and including the night before the patch.

Has anyone actually been able to join a Red Death game from the mac?

What Mod was causing the conflict for you? I am not using any mods that affect traders, so I can't really figure this out. Plus, none of the mods I am using have this as a reported issues and all of them were working perfectly for the the past several weeks up to and including the night before the patch.

It was the Concise UI mod that was breaking the trade buttons for me.

It was the Concise UI mod that was breaking the trade buttons for me.

Me also. Am now experimenting with other 'UI modifying' Mods to see if any of them have similar 'bugs' attached. Will post when I have results.

I actually wonder if they disabled full screen for Metal because of the memory leak. I had switched to window to see if it helped, and it did. Maybe they did the same so they disabled it on purpose.

I can't reloaded a game unless I quit to the desktop first since the new release

Thought popped in my head to try loading my last turn's autosave file. It loads on first attempt, so far (approx. 3-4 times).

Top Bottom