[Series] 6 city is enough

Can we have the second starting save please? I'd like to play this.

11 turns from lib at...85AD? How is this possible with cottages and only two GS?

You can get LIB pre 1AD - the important thing is being able to leverage your advantage.

You can get LIB pre 1AD - the important thing is being able to leverage your advantage.

yes of course, if this game I can trade for CoL or mathematics, it will be around 1 AD . The thing is you have to play Immortal for that , Emp AI is :cry:
but yeah , to have Lib fast is just good for your ego. The perfect time to have lib is round 1000 to have Steel, Rifling or other nice stuff :D

How did you use the 2 GS? Are you planning to set up a GP farm later on?

1 for academy, 1 for half of Education
I never set up a proper GP farm. Ever ! With the food you can easily make 2 city full of cottage , which suit my play style more.
I just want to show that you dont need more than 2 GP to have very early Liberism. I dont deny the useful of GP however, but I think my strategy is not as map dependant.
Big game gonna come tonite hehe

Did you build the Great Library? Do you intentionally mostly trade with only one AI (roosevelt) or is that a consequence of him being more advanced than the others?

no i dont built any world wonder, even i have stone and marble .
tech brokering is on so I'm willing to trade with everyone . But if some AI pleased with me and same religion and doesnt have lot of land, I'll trade more aggressive with him

Solid play.:goodjob: Leading the tech with a smaller empire is much better than a backward and large empire and this strategy is the key to play deity.

Proof that financial is the best trait, CE is the best economy and you only need 2 great scientist the whole game.

It is interesting people making these kind of claims based on one food rich/flood plain rich map. Try play the same Financial leader on a low food, no flood plain map.

Also a GP farm adds great flexibility to the game, especially with a Philo leader, you can get those much needed GS/GM/GA when you want them. such as a GM prior to War for mass upgrade, or to found Sushi corp, mutiple GS for multiple Acadamies (how can you say no to 50% res boost in your cottage spammed cities?). If the map does not allow cottage spam like this demo game, GS bulb can help a lot.

while I admit that my play rely heavily on my capital, it is standard that a capital should have 2 food resource or some thing similar (flood plain) . As for other cottage city, I dont need them grow more than size 10.
if you want to generate more GP, usually you'll need more food anyway. GP added more dynamic in our game, I agree. But it come with a cost. We have invest thousand of hammers if you are spam wonders, or build GL (which expensive without marble) and still need a high food city to make it work. I think GP benefit you more if you have a massive empire and need them to keep up with tech while recovering.

while I admit that my play rely heavily on my capital, it is standard that a capital should have 2 food resource or some thing similar (flood plain) . As for other cottage city, I dont need them grow more than size 10.
if you want to generate more GP, usually you'll need more food anyway. GP added more dynamic in our game, I agree. But it come with a cost. We have invest thousand of hammers if you are spam wonders, or build GL (which expensive without marble) and still need a high food city to make it work. I think GP benefit you more if you have a massive empire and need them to keep up with tech while recovering.

Actually a capitol where you get nothing but 2 plains cows is just fine by the map making algorithm and has happened. Repeatedly.

taking about flood plain capital , today I continue the series and first map i have is
Spoiler :
flood plain and 3 gold mine , eh... ?

after regenerate , i have
Spoiler :

regenerate again and i have
Spoiler :

... again , then

I'm really mad . May be the RNG gods want me to win really bad, not my fault :D . ok plain wheat and 3 flood plain is nothing overpower , I'll play this
SETTINGS : Epic, Standard , Terra , 6 AIs , Immortal Diffculty , Choose Religion , Hut On . Leader Mansa Financial/Spiritual
save is 3.17

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    53.4 KB · Views: 83
Very interesting thread, most infomative. Could you please do the next one playing as Peter or Sitting Bull with no tech brokering?

will do a Peter game with no tech brokering :D
but the more i play with 6 city , I actually begin to think the optimal number of cities is 8 (on standard)

The optimal # of cities is as many as you can have without derailing your plans e.g. rushing for lib. :D And preferably each new city can grow quickly with farms/food resources and each new city can get at least 2 workers to improve the land.

when playing immortal although doing well I feel little insecure with 6 city . maybe i'm not good enough yet

If you only have 6 cities on a standard map, then you cant build Oxford or Wall Street can you?

I dont believe that 6 cities is enough, you need 5 on a small map, 7 on standard, and 9 on large.

I enjoy rexing, but you cant be advising newcomers to the game to build less then the minimum cities required for Wall Street + Oxford.

Also I like to play with random events on as someone else said for the 'Build 7 of' events.

6 Cities is unnessesarilly handicaping yourself over 7 cities.

Unless I am wrong and 6 cities is enough, in which case ignore this post.

Top Bottom