1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Server migration completed

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Thunderfall, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Lefty Scaevola

Lefty Scaevola Moderatus Illuminatus Super Moderator

Cookie or cache problems for some, maybe?

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I am clueless what that means, all I know is that I have nowhere to enter a search term.

3. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

You don't see a "Search this thread" or "Search this forum" button by the Thread/Forum tools?

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

To clear your cookies, log out and log back in to the forum. How to clear your cache depends on your browser. Which one do you use (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)?

5. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Oops... I guess I've become used to it not being there. Completely overlooked it.:crazyeye:

6. Civ4Gandalf13

Civ4Gandalf13 Warlord

How do I add a new post on existing threads? It will not let me do it.

7. Petek

Please describe what you are trying to do. You just added a new post to an existing thread.

8. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

c3c,s Medieval European Mod II does not find download page for me.

9. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity Supporter

I'm not sure if it is directly related to the server move, but the email notification system seems unreliable. It seems to mostly work during the last few days, but some emails are completely missing, not just delayed. The last one not to arrive was two hours ago, though it could be argued it still have a chance of being delayed. I could sort of understand it back when gmail blocked everything, but blocking 15% (or whatever the number is) seems odd.

Other than that, the forum seems to run smoothly. It's responsive and I haven't encountered any other problems.

At least nobody will complain about that one. If anybody posts about it, all we have to do is to say try again :lol:

10. Petek

The reason that email notifications work intermittently is that we now run our emails through special Google servers. These servers filter out the spam messages that previously caused us to disable the notifications. However, Google imposes a limit on the number of emails that may be sent this way per day. When that limit is exceeded, the emails aren't sent. Thunderfall is aware of the issue.