SGOTM 04 - Geezers

Well, as for current plans for the Galleon...we can use it to scout Gandhi's land, since it should be ignored by his Caravels...or you could just leave it sleeping in Nidaros...we need a stable of Galleons for our relocation.

New trade routes wouldn't improve research time would it? Still not sure how we improved by 2 turns without adjusting the rate. Unless they researched it and so the other people knowing it research bonus kicked in.... k just looked at it and suddenly five civs have printing press so that explains that. I'll continue from where I left off since the thing that made me think there was a bug was the odd build which turned out to just be me. :smoke:

Trade counts as commerce, which would also help explain it...since commerce goes into both gold and beakers...sucks that suddenly pretty much everyone knows Printing Press now though!

Jenarie said:
IBT: Our gpt changes magically from -16 to +6. Printing press changes from 13 turns to 10 turns. I'm trying to figure out why but popups to deal with before I can look...

Hibathu grew which means it started working another mine. I think one or two other cities may have grown or expanded. Also Mehmed adopted Free Trade so we may have some additional trade routes. This probably accounts for most of the gold increase.

Jenarie said:
Ok realy really odd... it told me a stable finished but it has a galleon now ready which is what I think was in production there... game glitch? Did we have a stable here earlier? 'Cause we have one now...

I left the galleon in NIdaros because there were a couple of Izzy's caravels and one of Ghandhi's lurking in the area and I didn't feel like having them gang up and sink it.

@Jenarie -Don't forget that your first turn is part way through my last turn. :) I would have skipped the galleon earlier in the turn

Of course I know my first turn is your last. Is why I call it 0 not 1. :)

It would never occur to me though that a unit would be skipped - you left me most of the moves for the army so I guess I thought you left them all. (by skip I guess you mean you told it to do no move that turn? I've always used wait unless I was actually ending the turn so didn't expect that but I'll know next time)

I obviously wasn't at my best today which is why I decided to play tomorrow. I was way too tired to give the game the concentration it needed. Unless something really unexpected happens I should play early afternoon my time so be finished about 15 hours from now.

As printing press is known to all others now our timeframe for using our zerks is getting smaller. Rifles are not too far away for the AIs. We do not have too much time left, so it may be time get into some heavy whipping business to get our first party crowd off this continent soon. I definitely think we should have a first city on the other continent during the next turnset. Additionally I wonder whether we should take a tour to gunpowder and chemistry to counter rifles.

Question : if we whip our cities to small pops this will reduce resistance for Gandhi, right ? Does anybody know whether he gets the whipping unhappiness in this case ? Would be unlogical, but who knows ? :crazyeye:

It would be great if Gandhi gets to liberalism first as this will just speed him up. :whipped:

I'm still not really understanding why we'd want to move. I'd probably just keep a few of our new Khan cities and give Gandhi the northern half of our cities when it is time for him to start building the spaceship? I'd think that as long as he's at war I think he'll keep building troops. I really don't think us going far away is going to stop that. Anyway I'm not against the plan - I just don't understand it at all so implementing something I don't understand will be difficult... if you want me to do something toward this I'm not likely to think of it myself so would need instructions.

I'm really kind of lost as to what I'm supposed to be doing in general. Take out Khan's capital is obvious but that should be done turn 3 or 4 and then what? Build lots of ships to move I guess? The more troops we have the more galleys we'll need to move them... should we slow down building troops besides galleys?

Did we ever decide about Khan? Are we leaving his last city intact or are we taking him out? We could probably vassalize him although I don't really like that idea. Also, he might break free when we move if our land shrinks enough? On his island with one city he wouldn't be much of a threat to Gandhi but at the same time he could manage to be an irritating distraction that isn't needed.

If we stay we will risk being eliminated. :mischief: Gandhi has and will have a techlead, so how will we counter tanks for example later on ? Even earlier he will have rifles, infantries, artilleries, cavs, tanks, etc. much sooner than we will have. It will be quite difficult to hold our position then. If he has to send his troops by ship it will be much easier for us to handle that. Still it will be quite dangerous.

If we retreat to the South and give him the Northern cities he has a direct attacking path. I am quite sure that we would have a very hard time holding our positions until the moron leaves this world. He will have much more cities than we do, so he will quickly outproduce us and with his techlead it will get suicidal I think.:) If somebody can convince me that staying will be doable I will gladly change my mind.:p

For your set : take Old Sarai and if you can eliminate Khan I'd say : Do it. ! :hammer: This will be one distraction less. Beside that building troops will be the other main task.

Like Jenarie, I struggle to see how we are going to do better on another continent, but I do see how Gandhi will smash us if we stay.

Well, we do not have to win. We just have to make sure that we will survive and I do not see any chance at our starting position. :)

Generally, I would not think we should bother moving...but without a doubt we'll have issues simply surviving until Gandhi takes off if we do not move...not to mention, I have a feeling that Aluminum will not be found within Gandhi's borders...I think it'll be down south in Khan's land(how else, considering how well the game has gone thus far could we have to help Gandhi?)

As well...Gandhi is not as likely to build new troops if we aren't having to destroy his existing troops all the time.

One thought once we move...Diplo victory is disabled....but hopefully whoever builds the UN and becomes SecGen is willing to disable nukes...otherwise the modern age may really suck!

Finally...should we beeline toward Satellites and grab a couple GEs and hoard them to build the Space Elevator for Gandhi? I think he'll need the Space Elevator to build the spaceship in any reasonable timeframe, but I doubt we want to hang around in our current lands until pretty much everyone is around that tech level...giving him our lands then wouldn't help much...but if we beeline there, we should be able to give up our lands with the Space Elevator there in plenty of time for it to help him launch faster.

Well, we do not have to win. We just have to make sure that we will survive and I do not see any chance at our starting position. :)

I agree that we do not have to win and that we do have to survive as you said earlier. We also need Ghandhi to get into space before the other civs. The big bonus is if we get Ghandhi into space before most, if not all, of the other teams. :)

From what's been mapped out so far of Ghandhi's land it doesn't look that enormous so I agree that he's bound to need some, if not all, of our land as well.

To survive we need power so I propose going for the military techs. Since we will lose the Pyramids at some point we also need some government civic techs as well. Ideally we would have researched key space techs as well to reduce the cost for Ghandhi. However I'm not sure that we can manage that since we're lagging in the tech race.

@Jenarie - Please continue scouting to map out the known world. I was tempted to suggest sending the galleon in Nidaros, together with the one that will complete in Uppsala, to scout out Izzy's lands. However it looks like you'll need them to finish off Khan.

We need to assess who is/are likely to be the biggest threat(s) to Ghandhi and how we will counter them.

Regarding moving I suspect it will probably have to be phased. Partly so that we can try to ensure that Ghandhi takes our cities rather than other civs, but also to keep our revenue stream going whilst we build up our new lands.

Perhaps we should start thinking about moving our Palace from Nidaros to the South?

0) Turn 280 - 1340 AD

Trade Brennus gems for silver.
Move army next to Old Sarai to bombard next turn.
Minor MMing to take advantage of extra happiness from trade.

1) Turn 281 - 1346 AD

IBT: Our gpt changes magically from -16 to +6. Printing press changes from 13 turns to 10 turns.

Nidaros - Stable finishes ---> Knight (3)
I wouldn't normally build one at this point but as we have a stable and a military instructor it might be nice to have a knight or two to chase down anything that lands on our beaches.

Old Sarai cats bombard from 50% to 22%.

Pick up The-Hawk's suggested trade with Mehmed - wheat for our last extra gem.

Switch production in New Sarai from market to forge. This city is unhappy and a forge will give us +3 happiness allowing it to grow faster. Either build is very long but I'm thinking we can whip the forge which would then improve build time on the market.

Start moving galleon south.

Deleted the warrior in Yayoi which gives us an extra 1gpt. It is too late to upgrade him - going from warrior to berserker costs almost 300g.

We should probably consider deleting a couple workers soon but I will leave that for now since it hasn't been discussed. Other then clearing jungle which we don't have the culture to work anyway there isn't much for them to do atm.

2) Turn 282 - 1352 AD

Uppsala: Galleon ---> Galleon

Finish bombard and attack Old Sarai

Suicide two cats. 81% odds with our best promoted berserker but only 48% with the others. Wishing for one more cat now... I should have waited another turn but if I wait now they'll promote... Old Sarai is ours but with heavier losses then I'd have liked. We won the 81% fight but then lost the next at better then 90% odds. I kept the city I hope that was the plan for it.

Trebs would have been nice for that I think I'll build some. ;)

Khan is willing to capitulate but doesn't have anything to offer to make it even tempting.

3) Turn 283 - 1358 AD

Exploring Trimene gets stuck at American borders. Washington doesn't like us enough to consider open borders. He doesn't have astronomy yet either but doesn't like us enough to trade any of his techs for it. We don't have any extra resources to offer him to improve relations atm although we should have clams coming up from Old Sarai once it is out of revolt.

Brennus plops a city on the coast right between Ning-hsia and Phrygian which I am now renaming Napa Valley 'cause of all the wineries. :) We don't have open borders with him so I can't get close enough to even see the new city's name but we'll have a ship going by there soon hopefully it will be able to get close enough.

We have City Raider III swordsman on garrison duty in our southern cities. If we can get a little more cash up it may be worth upgrading them to berserkers for the move.... we don't have much of an attack force left as it is mostly guarding cities now. Swordsman aren't very good city defenders I hope we don't get attacked down there but as we are planning to move I don't really want to spend a lot of time building longbows either. Do we have a timetable in mind for this move? I disagree with a palace move until we get to wherever it is we are going but maybe we should build the forbidden palace down south - Gandhi would be able to use that if we leave him the city I think? Or is that only Versailles that transfers?

Trading one of the CRIII swordsman in Napa for the axeman that is with the attack force.

4) Turn 284 - 1364 AD

Nidaros: Knight ---> Trebuchet
Move knight to El Dorado-sala as it is somewhat central and can get to most places quickly from there. It has several promotions available (7/2).

Our galleons that are heading around south can now see Brennus's city is named Durocortorum and has one longbow in it.

5) Turn 285 - 1370 AD

Yayoi: Courthouse ---> Barracks (3)

I've been looking at the settler sitting asleep in New Sarai for several turns not quite sure what to do with it. Now that we have another civ landing on our continent though I think we need to settle that gold before someone else does so will start heading that way. I'm having a hard time finding anything to take with it as garrison but will pull one each from Haithabu and El Dorado-sala since they are backed up with the knight now hopefully they can do without one of the defenders. Thrallia's city site no longer works since we took Sanchu since then - not sure where to put the settler I was thinking western port city next to the gold on the hill? Will get it set up then leave it for next turnset so it can be discussed.

6) Turn 286 - 1376 AD

IBT: Mehmed comes asking for us to join his war with Brennus. We are currently getting mutual struggle with Brennus due to Izzy so I can't see turning our best friend into an enemy and decline. If he wasn't our friend it would have been a nice time to kick him off our continent though. :(

I get a pop-up tip that "El-Dorado-sala is the center of research...build an observatory" to which I think "duh, I should have known that!" Since we have several turns into the treb I leave it but we probably want an observatory here next.

7) Turn 287 - 1382 AD

Nideros: Trebuchet ---> Knight (4)

As I sail past Thapsus I note that Hannibal only has a pikeman and axeman defending.

8) Turn 288 - 1388 AD

Another pop-up tells me I should be building a grocer in El Dorado-sala. Ok... I get it... treb was stupid here. Leave me alone! :(

Uppsala: Galleon ---> Galleon (8)
Yayoi: Barracks ---> Berserker (8)

Gandhi has landed a settler and a longbow on our shores!
It would be very easy for me to kill them off but do we want to encourage his move? It really all depends on how soon we want to start giving him our northern cities... I'm thinking it may be a bit early to let him get a toehold here? He crossed the Indian Channel and is on the corner of land west of El Dorado-sala that is already under his culture.

Pausing here again because I think it is too big a decision to make on my own. Should be able to finish my turnset tonight still if at least a couple people see this and can comment in the next few hours.

Here is your Session Turn Log from 1346 AD to 1388 AD:

Spoiler :
Turn 281, 1346 AD: The borders of El Dorado-sala have expanded!

Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult (5.00) vs Genghis Khan's Longbowman (10.50)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Combat Odds: 0.4%
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (City Defense: +70%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (City Attack: -20%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult is hit for 28 (72/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 13 (74/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult is hit for 28 (44/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 13 (61/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult is hit for 28 (16/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman has defeated Geezers's Catapult!
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult (5.00) vs Genghis Khan's Longbowman (8.19)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Combat Odds: 2.7%
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (City Attack: -45%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult is hit for 26 (74/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 15 (76/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 15 (61/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult is hit for 26 (48/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult is hit for 26 (22/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Catapult is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman has defeated Geezers's Catapult!
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker (8.80) vs Genghis Khan's Longbowman (6.88)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Combat Odds: 81.3%
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (City Attack: -55%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 21 (61/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 21 (40/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 21 (19/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker has defeated Genghis Khan's Longbowman!
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker (8.80) vs Genghis Khan's Longbowman (6.03)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Combat Odds: 92.7%
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (City Attack: -30%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 19 (62/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 21 (40/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 21 (19/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 19 (43/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 19 (24/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 19 (5/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 19 (0/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman has defeated Geezers's Berserker!
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker (8.80) vs Genghis Khan's Longbowman (5.90)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Combat Odds: 87.0%
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (City Defense: +25%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 23 (59/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 23 (36/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 23 (13/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 23 (0/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker has defeated Genghis Khan's Longbowman!
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Swordsman (6.60) vs Genghis Khan's Longbowman (3.79)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Combat Odds: 95.6%
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (City Attack: -55%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (Combat: -25%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 22 (33/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 22 (11/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Swordsman is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 22 (0/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Swordsman has defeated Genghis Khan's Longbowman!
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker (6.95) vs Genghis Khan's Catapult (4.16)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Combat Odds: 92.7%
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (Combat: +10%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Catapult is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 14 (65/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Catapult is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Catapult is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker is hit for 14 (51/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Catapult is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Berserker has defeated Genghis Khan's Catapult!
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Axeman (6.00) vs Genghis Khan's Longbowman (1.99)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Combat Odds: 99.8%
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: (City Attack: -20%)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Genghis Khan's Longbowman is hit for 19 (0/100HP)
Turn 282, 1352 AD: Geezers's Axeman has defeated Genghis Khan's Longbowman!
Turn 282, 1352 AD: You have captured Old Sarai!!!

Turn 284, 1364 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Uppsala!

Turn 285, 1370 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Uppsala!
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Geezers's Galleon (4.40) vs Barbarian's Galley (2.20)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Combat Odds: 99.1%
Turn 285, 1370 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: (Plot Defense: +10%)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Geezers's Galleon is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 28 (72/100HP)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 28 (44/100HP)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 28 (16/100HP)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Geezers's Galleon is hit for 14 (72/100HP)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Geezers's Galleon is hit for 14 (58/100HP)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Geezers's Galleon is hit for 14 (44/100HP)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Geezers's Galleon is hit for 14 (30/100HP)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 285, 1370 AD: Geezers's Galleon has defeated Barbarian's Galley!
Turn 285, 1370 AD: New Karakorum will grow to size 3 on the next turn

Turn 286, 1376 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Uppsala!
Turn 286, 1376 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Yayoi!
Turn 286, 1376 AD: Napa Valley will grow to size 4 on the next turn
Turn 286, 1376 AD: New Karakorum has grown to size 3
Turn 286, 1376 AD: Mehmed II is the first to discover Liberalism!

Turn 287, 1382 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Yayoi!
Turn 287, 1382 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Yayoi!
Turn 287, 1382 AD: Napa Valley has grown to size 4
Turn 287, 1382 AD: Sanchu will grow to size 3 on the next turn

Turn 288, 1388 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Haithabu!
Turn 288, 1388 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Yayoi!
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Clearing a Forest has created 14 ? for Sanchu.

New post so we'll show up as "new" since the edits don't do that and I want as many of you as possible to see this.

Important Issues:

1) Let Gandhi settle or kill his longbow/settler?
2) Where is our settler going? Or are we saving it for the big move?

We may as well save the settler for the move, in my opinion...none of the available land on our continent has enough growth capacity to be really worth settling, or giving away to Gandhi, for that matter(IMO)

As for Gandhi...I don't think we want him getting a toehold on our continent yet, so I'd vote for killing it off.

I also vote for killing Gandhi's settler. It will just cause us problems for now and it shouldn't set him back too much. It might actually be in his best interests, as it will help keep his maintenance down. :) When the time comes for him to take us over, he should be able to do it pretty easily so an early city now won't provide him much extra benefit.

8) Turn 288 - 1388 AD

Uppsala: Galleon ---> Galleon (8)
Yayoi: Barracks ---> Berserker (8)

Gandhi has landed a settler and a longbow on our shores!
Knight that was in El Dorado-sala takes out longbow and settler is now a working for us. :)
With the knight over there I can see that Gandhi has a couple galleys in the channel... he may be getting ready for another landing.

9) Turn 289 - 1394 AD

Trireme made it around to see that Khan has 3 longbows in his new capital of Tiflis with 40% cultural defense. I've got first ferry loaded with two cats and a berserker to protect them which will land next turn. This city would be dead already but it took me this long just to get the galleon around to pick up the troops.

Khan is sending out a galley. I have a 99.1% chance to sink it with my galleon but if I lose I'd lose the 3 troops... in a personal game I'd risk it but unloading the troops then sinking it which will put the attack off a little longer.

Old Sarai comes out of revolt. As soon as we kill off Khan this city will be happy and productive but atm it has too much 'motherland' anger and has 2 unhappy citizens. City came with a trading post and harbor which is nice bonus.

Barbarian spear pops up by Ning-hsia. The only defender we have in that city is a CRIII swordsman. I'm moving an axeman that direction from Napa but it will take 3 turns to get there and now all we have in Napa is a swordsman.

I think we desperately need to decide when we are moving and if we are staying a while we need to shuffle troops around to be more balanced. Right now one barbarian is a threat to one of our cities and if Izzy lands we'd probably lose at least one and maybe more. I thought about building some longbows but I don't know if you guys dislike longbows as much as you do archers.

10) Turn 290 - 1400 AD

Iron Sheep: Courthouse ---> Berserker

New Sarai grows into unhappiness and as planned forge is whipped (3 pop - growth had made it unhappy for 2 due to war). Slight excess will go into market. This city doesn't have enough production to need a forge but since it couldn't grow due to unhappiness I thought it made sense for the +3 happy.

I get open borders with Brennus just so we can get another troop over to Ning-hsia faster. Can't see risking city for the town so it will most likely get pillaged next turn. Axeman will be there for the turn after that. Maybe Mark can think of something here. :)

Ferry loaded and ready to move first load but leaving move to Mark so he can decide where he wants them to land. They were loaded last turn so they will be able to disembark this one.

Save: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm4/Geezers_SG004_AD1400_01.CivWarlordsSave

Here is your Session Turn Log from 1388 AD to 1400 AD:
Spoiler :

Turn 288, 1388 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Haithabu!
Turn 288, 1388 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Yayoi!
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Clearing a Forest has created 14 ? for Sanchu.
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Geezers's Knight (12.00) vs Gandhi's Longbowman (9.00)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Combat Odds: 78.3%
Turn 288, 1388 AD: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Gandhi's Longbowman is hit for 23 (77/100HP)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Geezers's Knight is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Geezers's Knight is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Gandhi's Longbowman is hit for 23 (54/100HP)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Gandhi's Longbowman is hit for 23 (31/100HP)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Gandhi's Longbowman is hit for 23 (8/100HP)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Geezers's Knight is hit for 17 (49/100HP)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Geezers's Knight is hit for 17 (32/100HP)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Gandhi's Longbowman is hit for 23 (0/100HP)
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Geezers's Knight has defeated Gandhi's Longbowman!
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Your Knight has destroyed a Longbowman!
Turn 288, 1388 AD: You have captured a Worker
Turn 288, 1388 AD: New Sarai will grow to size 8 on the next turn
Turn 288, 1388 AD: New Sarai will become unhappy on the next turn
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Sanchu has grown to size 3
Turn 288, 1388 AD: Mikhail Lomonosov (Great Scientist) has been born in Bibracte (Brennus)!
Turn 288, 1388 AD: New Tech(s) to trade: Gandhi, Hannibal, Mehmed II, Brennus, Isabella

Turn 289, 1394 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Ning-hsia!
Turn 289, 1394 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Yayoi!
Turn 289, 1394 AD: Geezers's Galleon (4.40) vs Genghis Khan's Galley (2.20)
Turn 289, 1394 AD: Combat Odds: 99.1%
Turn 289, 1394 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 289, 1394 AD: (Plot Defense: +10%)
Turn 289, 1394 AD: Genghis Khan's Galley is hit for 28 (72/100HP)
Turn 289, 1394 AD: Genghis Khan's Galley is hit for 28 (44/100HP)
Turn 289, 1394 AD: Genghis Khan's Galley is hit for 28 (16/100HP)
Turn 289, 1394 AD: Genghis Khan's Galley is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 289, 1394 AD: Geezers's Galleon has defeated Genghis Khan's Galley!
Turn 289, 1394 AD: Your Galleon has destroyed a Galley!
Turn 289, 1394 AD: New Sarai has grown to size 8
Turn 289, 1394 AD: New Sarai has become unhappy

Turn 290, 1400 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Ning-hsia!
Turn 290, 1400 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Uppsala!

Good Job Jenarie. Good Progress team. We are not going to have to fight for our survival once we are far away from Gandhi. His bloody culture is already killing us. Other Civs are at our mercy regardless of what it appear at the moment. If we gather enough of a force like the one Thrallia described, we can go take our next victims cities with in next 30-40 turns....We will need to whip. The away team need to have two self containing forces to be able to pull it off fast and include knights, pikes trebs and Zerks. We might be able to do it without Pikes.

Emigration: Since I was too buisy to respond to the Gandhi's settler issue, let me say in the future we need to let him start taking some of our land. Getting a better idea of what his land look like, I think team CRF emptied couple of cities Gandhi is watching and let him walk in with out a fight and I think we should start doing that with Yayoi after the scientist is out next turn. He has extremly poor land to launch an air craft carrier let alone a space ship. He will love our cap....I hope.

Tech Trades: We will learn PP next and only Washington know it at the moment. Can some one say Tech Catch up? Since it is an expensive tech, we should be able to do well in the trade department. We have to be shrewd. We will also have GS to help us leap frog the crowd. I think we should head to Mil Trade via Nationalism or trade for Gunpowder and go after chemistry. But I will need to look at the civ "flavor" to determine what is the most likely path we need to take to get ahead instead of following. Oh yeah this brings us to the other tech research technique discussion. Pointy Stick.

Wars: We need to finish off Khan so we can focus on the next victim. I do not think Izzy is the one to go since she is the only friend Gandhi has. My personal play style would lead me to go after Hanny next, but he is financial and will be helpful to speed tech reseach even if he does not trade with Gandhi. And once we get to free religion through the UN (which we should beeline to...may be) only Mehmed and Brennes will have anything against Gandhi. So I think Brennes is the one we should go after for his land is furthest away from Gandhi and he like Gandhi the least.

I think the emergence of Hanny as a threat to Gandhi's dominance is based on the additional points from Washington and is temparary. The Cities we settle in the south should be more product oriented for Gandhi's use.

Lastly, we should continue building Zerks for the Amphibius promo and Trebs for city taking. We can promote these units to Rifles and Granadiers later to get the extra punch we need.

Top Bottom