1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 09 - Xteam

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Frederiksberg

Frederiksberg Deity

So is it possible to make a mistake and launch before all parts are there?

2. ShannonCT

ShannonCT Deity

You don't have the option to launch until the minimum number of each part is there. But yes, you could accidentally hit the LAUNCH button before all of your optional parts were completed. CP should just allow the all of the parts to be added to the SS as the game cycles through the completed SS builds of each city, and then launch when the SS screen shows every part added to the SS.

3. Cactus Pete

Cactus Pete Deity GOTM Staff

Advice downloaded to brain. Playing now, with intent to finish and hopefully (if no problems encountered) post before retiring.

4. Cactus Pete

Space Race Victory as planned, without difficulties, on turn 169.

Report (for what it's worth):

162 -- Double check builds and press Enter

IBT -- Launch complete spaceship, ETA = 6 turns

163 -- Gift a couple of cities to eliminate Dom'n threat; prepare forces to take Atlantis

IBT -- Apostollic vote to return city to Shaka . . . vote 'No'

164 -- Another para built in Atlantis, but sink two defenders in galley; bombard Atlantis

IBT -- Shaka cancels peace treaty

165 -- Resolution fails; Atlantis falls, leaving little productive infrastructure as predicted

IBT -- Stalin cancels peace treaty; Justinian cancels resource deals

166 -- Press Enter

IBT -- GS born in Bab

167 - Press Enter

IBT -- Uneventful

168 -- Check Dom'n limit . . . still at 56%

IBT -- Uneventful

169 -- Victory

This is save posted at central: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm9/Xteam_SG009_AD1720_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Looks like we tied for fourth with Murky Waters. CRC's game is impressive. Hope someone will report on how they did it.

5. Frederiksberg

Frederiksberg Deity

Well done CP :goodjob:

Do you mean Gypsy Kings? MW are 3rd and I think we may tie for 4th with GK. Not sure though..

Obormot writes somewhere that conserving forests around Athens and building the National Park there was the key to CRC's better performance.

Looks like most teams built fewer military units compared to us. So this was probably a mistake.

6. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Well done Xteam :goodjob:

You can go and visit the other team threads now, but please don't post in the ones that are not finished yet.

Please remember that your final save will not appear in the Progress page until the game is finished.

7. Lexad

Lexad royalcrownchinpokomaster

8. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

9. ShannonCT

ShannonCT Deity

Good finish CP and well played everyone.

I guess the strategy of conquering lots of cities and catching up with massive production at the end doesn't work on Quick speed as well as on the Epic/Marathon games PK and I have been playing. But playing with our hordes of paratroopers was a lot of fun! :goodjob:

I hope to see everyone again in SGOTM10.

10. PaulisKhan

PaulisKhan Physicist

Thanks everyone for having me, sorry I didn't help us up to a medal =/
    I think too many military units did cost us a bit and quick speed really threw me off and made alot of my suggestions wrong, but it was not considering the Nat Park in the capital that ultimately did us in.

My flight leaves for Scotland tomorrow and not sure when I'll be back but I appreciate you having me while I was here. I learned a lot and you all impressed me very much and reminded me how much I still have to learn

cheers
    -PK

11. ShannonCT

ShannonCT Deity

Have a good trip PK. I hope to have some good Space Colony games to show you when you get back to CFC.

12. leif erikson

:thanx: PK for your contributions and insights. :cheers:

I hope you have a great trip and that you get settled in quickly and easily. Then, we'll look for your return to XTeam!! :beer:

13. Cactus Pete

Best wishes, PK, and hope you'll join us again soon.

Looking forward to the Xteam having a perfect SGOTM10.

14. ShannonCT

ShannonCT Deity

:lol:

I knew we didn't need anywhere near 13 chops in Seoul, but I wanted to make your turnset more exciting. It'll be good practice if you ever decide to become a GOTM spaceracemonger.

15. Grover22

Grover22 Monarch-like

Thanks to everyone for a fun time. Beers all around.

16. Cactus Pete

Should that ever happen, euthanasia would be in order.COLOR]

17. Cactus Pete

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you'll stay with us.

18. adrianj

adrianj Deity

Good work Xteam!

We (Gypsy Kings) have been closely watching your game for a while now. It was amazing to see how our chatter started off with "Yeah, we'll beat them by 10 turns or so"... "hmm, looking more like less than 5 turns"... "hmmm, looking very very close"... until finally "Yeah, Xteam will beat us :(" Kind of shows how difficult it was to predict the tech pace coming up to the end of the game.

Very different strategies too - you guys with the huge empire and corporations while we kept it a bit more compact and stayed with State Property. I'm not sure if we are tied for finishing on the same turn or if you guys are 1 turn ahead of us. Either way, you've out scored us.

Good job :goodjob:

19. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Deity

Well done X-Team. Very educational and entertaining.

Now if I find the motivation and time I can go get educated some more from some other teams' threads :mischief:

I just got myself a new lap top which theoretically won't have some of the graphics troubles I had on the old one. If I can get CIV installed correctly that is... :( The original game (vanilla) installs properly, but when I try putting on the 1.74 patch it won't start afterwards, complaining about a missing file. That and other frustrations of the computer not being what I'm used to... [moan, moan, moan, etc.] I'll get over it and no doubt be happy with it by this time next week :D

Then there's the thought of getting BTS... :lol:

20. leif erikson

Hi MP,

Glad to hear you are thinking about :bts:. :mischief:

When you updated vanilla, did you use the in game button to update or did you download the update from CFC and apply it. The in game does not work well and it is better to use the download from CFC method.

And, yes, there is much to read here! :eek:
    Should keep you busy through the summer, given your on again and off again access?
    Stay well. :beer: