SGOTM 11 - T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't

I'm too important to look it up now... Maybe later.

:lol: Indeed, O'GL!

EDIT BTW, we are over 60 points clear as well, yes, this might have something to do with the turn, but hey, I'm just enjoying the lead.

Haven't played around with dotmaps out to the west and that's still under discussion. Techwise we should be good to have Medi => Priest => Writing now all before turn 100 I think. Remember to set tech to 0% to generate gold (so nothing lost due to rounding) and then to 100% for the next turns, rinse and repeat as gold is spent. No events or diplomacy to worry about gold-wise at least.

For some reason I thought this was changed. I remember doing that in Vanilla but I thought I read somewhere that when BTS came out they started taking fractional beakers into account.

Regarding Zara:

His power rating corresponds to practically the original AI military units; at most 1 more archer. We know he hasn't built a settler. This confirms he is building a wonder. If he was building anything but the pyramids beginning on about turn 20, I believe he would be done by now...

Yeah I agree with dima that Zara is building a wonder. I'm curious now how Zara behaves in the other teams games.

Wonder monger Zara it is then, pity we cant steal the mids off him though.

@FGJ I was warned about putting the thread link in my signature by one of the mods, so as not to tempt anyone wh shouldn't be looking.

@BRIANDone buddy, though I still disagree overall. If one cannot control his/her impulses and is consumed by their temptations, they are truly not worthy to behold Eldine's glory :bowdown:

@Neil Done buddy, though I still disagree overall. If one cannot control his/her impulses and is consumed by their temptations, they are truly not worthy to behold Eldine's glory :bowdown:

Was Neil warning you as well? Ah well you know what they say about great minds.

If he builds the 'mids, it will be really tempting.....

I know I usually try to steal it off my neighbour. Maybe we can make Addis Ababa (or whatever his cap is called our 3rd legendary, through spies :eek:)

and pull a r_rolo 6? :lol: You know if r_rolo was playing this SGOTM he would try to convince his teammates to do another esp culture win.

At any rate, just thinking ahead, let's assume mids are going to be Zara (god knows what else he could be building). We're then going to need HR as some point. As far as I can tell we only have silver (with forge +2 happy), and incense (+1 happy) on our mainland. We're talking only happy cap 9 for Dehli, 8 for rest.

@IO Concerning next turn set:
neilmeister said:
Follow Earthlings the plan from the last few posts.
1 Settle the southern city, watch out for that barb. Don't worry too much about connecting it to the road network yet.
2 Pre-chop all of the forests around Delhi. (BUFFY will stop the worker when there is 1 chop to go, so just be careful)
3 Pasture & road the pigs
4 Send the work boat to the southern fish. Let new city use it asap
5 Don't road the copper
6 Do road the horses

1 agreed.
2 thank god BUFFY does the stop automatically for us.
3 Referring to Bombay just incase you didn't know
4 of course
5 VERY IMPORTANT. Warriors defending in forests still effective fogbusters. We'll only need the copper if the barbs found a city. I'm imagining this will be the x factor that will differ greatly from team to team.
6 We do have 4 warriors already, if by some grace of Eldine they survive a bit longer to be replaced by chariots, well then...

So IO you're good to go me thinks. We all seem to be in agreement

Does this number include the happy bonus for Confused, I will be surprised of we don't get this.

Oh, I think I see a fogbuster just above city 3, he should probably move to close any gaps left in the fog.

Forgot about the religion bonus. So it would be +2, making Dehli cap at 10, 9 for all others. Though not ideal ,we could get away with a cap of 10/9 since we should be slaving a lot due to all these food sources we have in most of our cities/potential cities.

I would expect us to be able to trade for some happy resources.

A few come to mind, Ivory, Dye & Silk.... ;)

Well, we have virtually zero concerns when we actually go for culture down the line, though in the short term yeah we might want to be careful not losing happiness so we can keep growing our cities. Some other things though:

-That sugar overseas, either we get it, or if some AI is up there they could trade for it. Trade in general will probably get us something.
-I would prefer to avoid having to build coliseums/aqueducts and buildings like that cause they are wasted hammers if you can get happy/health another way. But if a big city needs one, that's ok.
-Notre Dame is a wonder we could easily get and mitigates a little more. But it's also on a different techpath. Religions are mighty strong because:
-Temples still give +1 :happy: each even if you don't have the religion. Cathedrals, of course, are insane in our top cities - with incense +3 for our main religion's Cathedral. So really since we get cheap temples and will build them in most places as prerequisities - all that's left is to found/spread enough religions. I'm thinking we have Confucianism and Taoism easily of course; whether we get Theo/Divine Right before some AI is a question (we'll obviously want Minaret and Sankore both, so at the least we'd probably have DR for a third religion, and maybe some would spread naturally to us that we could missionary out).

I think the plan being described for the next set is good otherwise - there are a couple barbs floating around, just be a little careful. When borders expand in Bombay, I think we will be 100% barb immune in the west. The one guy to the South should suicide/disappear sometime. Our fourth city *should be connected to the trade network without roads as it shares coast with Bombay, so yeah I think it's just good to send the settler there. He can get started slowly on a granary, whip it eventually, and down the line he whips a lighthoues and then that city has +12 :food: to last it a long time. Crazy how much food/gp farming we really could get done in this game when you think about it.

In Dehli, if you're looking for more detailed plans - I can't say this is ideal but it seems at least okay:
-let Vijayanagara grow to size three with the corn, then give the corn back to Delhi to help it get to size 5. Vijaya.. (that gets annoying to type) will want to whip the granary I think; then it's culture should have expanded so it'll have floodplains and horses too. At size 5, Dehli can stop and build the settler for the marble/yellow city (so it'll probably be like partway into a granary, which is okay, we'll finish sometime a little later). The one prechopping worker should have 3 forests prechopped sometime by then and then when marble is up, if you get that far in this turnset, the Oracle is good to go in like 2-3 turns. Maybe we don't get the Oracle till like turn 105 or something but again, that was a fast target so there's a very good chance there is no threat from AI anyway.

Edit: oh I should mention, in case someone is worried/whatever, that my sig links to the sign-up thread. I wouldn't have thought it was a problem but I typically link to sign-ups threads anyway, so no real effect on anything. Otherwise I'm sporting dwarven pride and solidarity.

Also forgot about religious buildings, essential for cultural victory anyway. Ooops :eek: If we do pop CoL with Oracle, then those happy cap issues will ease a bit more.

I've had a look at the save, and I wondering what the workers should do. I have a bit of time at work, so here goes for an analysis.

4 workers in total.
- 1 on horses, finishes road in 2 turns. Bombay expands in 2 turns, and he is 2 squares from the pigs. So as soon as he finishes the road on the horses, move to the pigs and start pasture, which takes 7 ? turns. Then road the pigs into the network, 3 turns, then pre-chop the forest NW of Bombay, for 4 turns.
- 2 on stone, finish road in 2 turns, 2 build quarry for 6.5 turns, then Vijay will have just expanded, both pasture the horse for 3.5 turns. (it will take exactly 10 turns to quarry stone and pasture horse)
- 1 pre-chopping, will finish pre-chop in 2 turns. Pre-chop the 2 forests S & SSE for 8 turns. Then build some cottages on the Grassland river tiles.

Any contrary thoughts anyone ?

Oh, and move that warrior 1N so we can see what else is on the northern coast next to the incense.

Worker actions look good, we need the resources and the pre-chops, so there the best immediate options, after that cottages are good, we'll need the economy.
Yeah Tao shouldn't be too hard if we are bee-lining to Lib after getting the GLib (I assume we are going for the GLib), so that should be two founded religions. Do we want to crank out a couple of GPrs for the shrines, confusion should get good money and Tao is 50/50.
Yeah it's an insane amount of food we have at the GPfarm.

Top Bottom