SGOTM 11 - T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't

Sorry to see you go FGJ, I enjoyed playing with you.

Good luck with those darn kids....

Yeah yeah those darn kids indeed. Sorry about Australia bowing out of the world cup so early. I'm just happy that Germany destroyed Argentina today.

Well I'm back after the weekend, and I'm not very happy (as a clue I'm from Limerick, and I was at the game).

I'm going to give my tuppence ha'penny on the Spiral Minaret in a few minutes so I'll be back.

Well the world wonder section of this site says +1g per state religion building but I'm pretty sure it'll be +2g. So assuming that we have 11 cities with the state religion, with temple and monastery in each plus the three legendary Cathedrals (and the shrine if we have it), we will have 50 (52 with shrine) gold per turn from the Spiral.
Now the thing is, we won't be building that many multipliers for money except in our legendaries, and good production cities. I'm gioing to guess too that we'll only get Markets and Grocers in them too. So that means a +50% increase in those cities. Suppose we get this combo in 6 cities that runs out at an extra 6 gold per turn off Spiral.

Now these are just supposing figures, and won't be completely accurate, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that in a non-legendary city, or two, it would probably be better to spam missionaries of a shrine religion, and spread the faith to our neighbours in order to get the extra gold from those cities. It would mean a lot more MM though.

So my conclusion would be that the Spiral would be useful but a missionary spam more so.

Bad luck about the game, do you enjoy the bizarre mixed rules the Irish play against Australia?

Now that is a thoughtful analysis !
Do the Irish favour the missionary position ;)

Confused spam could also help with the relations, as long as we don't spread it to our potential target, ie Justin. OK, sounds good to me.

Missionary spam to our neighbours, get 9 of each temples built.
Bombay is only city with Islam, so it should probably keep pumping Islamic missionaries.

EDIT: I can see lots of cash available for trading.

Bad luck about the game, do you enjoy the bizarre mixed rules the Irish play against Australia?

Now that is a thoughtful analysis !
Do the Irish favour the missionary position ;)

Confused spam could also help with the relations, as long as we don't spread it to our potential target, ie Justin. OK, sounds good to me.

Missionary spam to our neighbours, get 9 of each temples built.
Bombay is only city with Islam, so it should probably keep pumping Islamic missionaries.

EDIT: I can see lots of cash available for trading.

1) Yes, especially this clip detailing the reasons why we're bad at it.

2) We'll take what we can get frankly.

On the missionary spam, the money increase will not be as immediate, but as we only have to build commerce multipliers in one city it will be far less hammer intensive. And as you pointed out, if we play the diplo right we can tie up or neighbours fairly solidly in a confused block.

That clip makes the Aussies look like a bunch of thugs, which is only partially true.

Our team has played the third most turns, so I think we could/should wait for Earthling to make an appearance and hopefully add his thoughts. He is next to play anyway.

Yeah, you get my vote to play on Matrix.....

Don't forget to change civics back to Caste

Yeah, you get my vote to play on Matrix.....

Don't forget to change civics back to Caste

Give him 24hrs, I'm pming him a reminder now.

Earthling came back to me with:
"I'm not caught up, and said I'd be away up until just recently, so sure, Matrix can go ahead, thanks for the reminder though as I do plan to get back to helping out.

Earthling"

So we can forge ahead with our glorious revolution.

Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg.

...and a hard bolied egg !!

C'mon Brian, you can't have everything :nono:

Well, I don't really feel like playing two turnsets in one day :p

Although I guess I could play this today instead of IO4, leaving the latter for tuesday.

Got it.

Go which ever way you want Matix.

@ Neil I'm not asking for everything, I'm conceding the reasonably priced love (I'm assuming you get the reference).

Yes, and 'Free Love' is completely out of the question.

I vote Nein! "Ve Germans are a peaceful race".

Not with only two DoWs we should be really careful about acceting war. But this is an indication that all is not lovey-dovey, so maybe a bit of a military build-up may be in order.

Okay, here we go.

Turn 0:

Gave the pigs to Bangalore

Sold Aesthetics to Toku for 360g

Sold Aesthetics to Mehmed for 60g

Turn 1:

Delhi: Confucian Academy -> Spiral Minaret

Bombay: Islamic Missionary -> Islamic Missionary

Varanasi: Hindu Mandir -> Harbor

Agra: Confucian Temple -> Harbor

Turn 2:

Lahore: Granary -> Hindu Temple

Islam spread to Vijayanagara

Sold Machinery to Izzy for 50g

Sold Machinery to Mehmed for 30g

Sold Literature to Toku for 170g

Switched to Caste System

Turn 3:

Sold Philosophy to Zara for 250g & Map

Sold Philosophy to Saladon for 60g

Sold Philosophy to Justinian for 70g & Map

Turn 4:

Liberalism comes in. Since nobody decided on anything after we aborted the Astronomy mission, I went with that old standard, Nationalism.

Liberalism -> Guilds

Vijayanagara: Maceman -> Islamic Temple

Nagara: Taoist Missionary -> Taoist Temple

Taoism spread to Vijayanagara

Turn 5:

Toku DoWs on Saladin

Gifted Drama to Toku

Turn 6:

Toku asks us to join him against Saladin, I say no, he drops to Annoyed.

Bombay: Islamic Missionary -> Islamic Missionary

Islam spread to Bangalore

Sold Drama to Izzy for 40g

Turn 7:

Sally asks for a DoW on Toku, no.

Bangalore: Hindu Temple -> Islamic Temple

Turn 8:

Guilds -> Printing Press

Sold Guilds to Justinian for 110g & Map

Sold Guilds to Zara for 130g & Map

I give you... DEVILSGATE!

Spoiler :

Turn 9:

Pataliputra: Confucian Temple -> Harbor

Turn 10:

Sally wants us to convert to Hinduism, I say no.

Vijayanagara: Islamic Temple -> Taoist Temple

o hai bevrs

Spoiler :

So, that's it there.

Agra and Bombay are unhealthy. Agra will be fine when it finishes its Harbor. Maybe the next person can build a Harbor in Bombay sometime.

The Save

Oh, and by the way, what the hell are our Legendaries, aside from Delhi?

Top Bottom