• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 13 - Phoenix Rising

I don't understand why we wouldn't drop it down to 20% rather than 0%? We won't lose percentages, as the whole point of running 0% is to save gold for 100%, right? I could be completely mistaken, but I'm almost sure it would be better to do it this way, as it gives us the gold we need without wasting a turn on 0%.

I'm not sure if you lose the 1 free beaker by running at 20%, you still can get rounding errors as well I believe. You can always test i out if you want. I'm sorry that there's not too much we can say about the exploration Kadazzle, it's just as simple as we don't know what's in the fog, but we trust you to do a good job. :goodjob: When I was doing my scouting I was just thinking to myself before making every move, how will I reveal the most tiles? (and the most useful ones). Also, you should probably do it 1 movement point at a time.

BTW I say go south side of the southern island, most islands are miniscule thus far so you shouldn't lose much by way of movement. Also, since it's so early in the scouting, we don't have the worry of not getting back in time either.

I don't understand why we wouldn't drop it down to 20% rather than 0%? We won't lose percentages, as the whole point of running 0% is to save gold for 100%, right? I could be completely mistaken, but I'm almost sure it would be better to do it this way, as it gives us the gold we need without wasting a turn on 0%.

You will cost us 1-2 science beakers doing a turn at 20 percent. The game rounds science down. Just run taxes at 100% for 2 turns. We will gain a turn science over your turnset doing this. On a large empire we lose lots more.

This debate is not worth a 24hr delay. Run binary science!

Alright we found another Civ from the East, England.

When I went to start the game, the Galley had a red instead of yellow circle indicating it had moved twice instead of once - this means the Settler got onto the Galley 1 turn later (I didn't move the Galley). Disappointing, but I don't think it will effect our plan in the long run. Everything else went to plan.

We explored east and found an English Workboat, plus lots of islands. Capturing that GLH looks even more appealing.

Here is your Session Turn Log from 2575 BC to 2250 BC:

Turn 61, 2475 BC: You have discovered Mysticism!

Turn 62, 2450 BC: Orleans has been founded.

Turn 69, 2275 BC: You have discovered Meditation!

Turn 70, 2250 BC: Orleans will grow to size 2 on the next turn.

Thar's gold in them thar hills!

Too bad about the galley, but good round. Interesting England came from the direction I have them in the test game. 2 for 2 on AIs/Leaders in the game :)

Only thing I might have done different is that since we headed East we might as well head SE around the stone island vs. backtracking over revealed tiles.

AW - I will work on a test game and try to get it up tonight or first thing tomorrow.

edit: Interesting to note that we are connected with England (can trade resources), so I would think she is very close. Maybe we should continue a little further East to see if we find her borders.

btw I had an idea with bobby's plan to maximize food after building LH in paris taking the clams for 2 turns from rheims and it delays the oracle for 3 turns... interesting :).

And as it seemed I didn't get anything significant in capital since all the overflows seem to be on par with bobby's plan.

in the playtest on T80 Vicky got writing and offers OB, too bad we won't have explore turns for getting TR's probably :-(.

edit:

now made the test as acording to plan.
There are some things otherwise (does it mean live save is too?).

I got T89 Pottery (instead of T90 according to plan).
Rheims is delayed 1T and after the forest chop it is 2T for completion of Oracle, meaning we get it at T91 instead of T90!

I retested the idea with after LH working 3x clams in capital instead of 2x clams and 1 corn.

Since I oversaw the trick with grass forest for 1 turn before I get better result!

The most important points:

Paris grows to size 4 at T84.
T87 Paris whips settler (I would put OF into wb btw since we hope for some sea food near site 3!).

T90 I settle 3rd city (1T sooner) and what's most important I can whip Oracle in Rheims not delaying Oracle compared to our current plan!

T91 is Oracle home (the same as the test with bobby's plan which is delayed by 1T in test as I playtested before)

soo :)

Can I remind you all to leave the game in pause mode once you complete your turnsets. This is important!!! If you go into live game to view please select pause mode as we can't risk any mistakes.

Onto the live save info. The good news is Rheims (Orleans on live save) has 2 clams!!! I think this might make a good Moai Statute site! Overflows will make this work. We can whip workers/settlers into the MS. ;)

We have a nice fish/pigs site that can be settled above the stone site. I suspect we'll find a crabs resource or something near the stone.

We can see gold west of the capital. Any food there?? hmmm.

We have another food site east of the stone island with 2 sea resources. I think all cities will need at least 2 food resources!!

We still need to find copper.

Here is the map of the land.

Spoiler :

Overall next is Awilder needs to start sending the galley back perhaps via the stone?

I tested oracle in Rheims and we are still on target for 1725 completion. The city is 1 turn late but we had spare production there anyway! The plan has not changed really but we will need to switch the light house build on a different turn. I really don't want to delay the Oracle!

Should Awilder play up to Oracle. This seems to be the point where we need to make decisions on what to do next.

Without looking at the plan, do we have any leeway to send the galley a few tiles East?

Without looking at the plan, do we have any leeway to send the galley a few tiles East?

I think there is 2-3 turns spare but you would have to send the galley back direct. I am betting English and Russians share the same island. We have no proof yet they are not on the same landmass. It is interesting we have resource trades with them.

I think we need to plan 3-4 workboats after Oracle. 1 for Rheims. 1 for probable stone/ sea resource?? and 2 to explore E/W.

I don't understand Kadazzle, despite the galley having the red circle you could still make it back in time. T58 whip the settler, T59 move galley next to cap, move settler onto galley, T60 move galley back to marble island and unload settler, T61 found Orleans. Is that not what happened?

A couple of notes:
1) we haven't found any food around the stone site yet. I'm not a big fan of settling this if it has 0 food resources...

2) We need to make sure that the galley gets back in time, this should be part of your plan awilder!

3) Our second city is called Orleans, which means there's no other french leader on the map.

I don't understand Kadazzle, despite the galley having the red circle you could still make it back in time. T58 whip the settler, T59 move galley next to cap, move settler onto galley, T60 move galley back to marble island and unload settler, T61 found Orleans. Is that not what happened?

A couple of notes:
1) we haven't found any food around the stone site yet. I'm not a big fan of settling this if it has 0 food resources...

2) We need to make sure that the galley gets back in time, this should be part of your plan awilder!

3) Our second city is called Orleans, which means there's no other french leader on the map.

I think the galley must pass the western part of the stone site on it's return journey. It is a shame we have not scouted the crab site either. I don't think we should go any further east for now.

I did some testing and you might have 4-5 turns once galley reaches back to paris. This assumed lymonds extension to Stone site. It was hard to reach crabs site as well as do the stone site. I would agree if it has no food it will be a tough city to build really.

We need that stone. there's got by some seafood around there. We can settle 1N or 1S of the stone. There's a jungle hill or flat tile connected 1SE of the GH tile south of the stone.

AW - When calculating galley moves you might want to check the live game to see if the galley has moves. I didn't account for that in the test game.

I don't think it was mentioned earlier, but with an organized leader, a lighthouse costs the same as a workboat, but gives just as much food if you're working two seafood. So ideally you go workboat lighthouse, and definitely lighthouse before a 3rd workboat.

Not much to say with the current scouting situation, not sure if there's even a mainland. Maybe we should build a scout or a warrior for the galley, so we can land it and get extra vision.

Top Bottom