SGOTM 13 - tao

Go ahead and do it, but with this caveat: beg, plead with them to give us a map in the next one that people with older computers can run, as I think that was a major issue that helped make us need to concede.

Here is a copy of the message I sent AlanH:

I have been elected in Tao's absence to communicate our concession in the Civ3SGOTM13 competition. We are all of the opinion that we have very little chance of finishing, much less winning. This along with the 20 to 30 minute IBT times for most of the team, has led us to this decision. We are also keenly interested to find out how Team Klarius did it. We all look forward to another competition very soon.

Now let's find out how Team Klarius did it!

Sorry to hear you didn't make it :(

Yes, by all means, go and look at the other team threads.

I took a quick look at team Klarius and not only are they very good, but they also had luck on their side. One of their first curraghs (#3 I think) made a 1 to 16 chance crossing to contact the AI pre-1000BC. Then they also managed to be the first tribe to Literature and were able to get the Great Library (which was the last AA wonder left).

Their planning also made a big difference as they were able to beat us to alphabet & writing by numerous turns. By then they had made contact and were able to trade writing to Portugal for pottery & masonry (enabling a pre-build). A bit later they met another tribe (Byzantines?) and were able to obtain more AA techs via trade.

Hello Everybody,

I am back from a long and much needed vacation and now keen to learn how othres fared in this game. It looks like a lot of luck was required.

Thank you for going along nicely ;) even with me missing.

tao

Top Bottom