SGOTM 16 - Kakumeika

Okay, that list was long enough to give anyone a headache...and buy me a bit of time to look more carefully at the save from a steenkin' builder's point of view. (inside joke from Murky Waters... ;))

Here are some quick thoughts on Kaitzilla's final turns, assuming we're still going all out on REX and infrastructure.

1. Paris: HG-Hand build forge in 4t, keep growing.
2. Orleans: wkr-forge(whip)-Settler2 for Clams/Sugar. Whip settler if you're worried about getting there in time.
3. HC: 2whip worker asap. then 2whip forge with minimal OF. (Backburner: granary + units, but don't lose hammers in units.) Worker mines (I think, or helps with the deer camp first, or roads nearby deers, whatever is most useful soonest).
4. CornPF: warrior-forge+workers+library+grow to pop7 and always work 2 sci asap, only whipping from pop7 to pop5.
5. DrunkPigs: settler-wb-forge-settler2 (decide which settler2, here or Orleans, gets settled sooner. BUild just one of the two.)
6. Lyons: whip granary THIS TURN-forge
7. DPF: granary-forge
8. DrunkPigsT123Settler: I would settle Clams/3FP because it give us more value. If you agree, Emerillon should go:
T122 2SW (that's this turn!)
T123 2W
T124 settler boards-W-NW, dumps off settler in Lyons
T125 SE-E
T126 GM(if...) boards, galley beelines Elephantine...

If you prefer to settle Sugar/Clams, then anyway Emirillon should backtrack in case a GM is born to save one turn travel time.

9. If we're not going to steal those two corn workers on T123, then I think Adam should go back to Boudica and let Boudica go to the south to gather XP. By my calculation, Boudica boing by galley to Ramesses by hoof through Brennus is the same time. If we're fairly certain we're not going to DoW Brennus, then better through Brennus to peek in his cities and to scout for marble to the far south.

10. Good idea on 0% slider for 3 turns.

Note: This may overlap with your PPP, Kaitzilla, I didn't compare, I just scrolled through the save. Just my two cents. :) Play whenever you wish, Kaitzilla. I trust your judgment. :goodjob:

xpost w/mabraham

1) Was going to do Hanging Gardens->Barracks->Forge to get barracks off the queue which is a liability on normal speed. We have barracks in places that won't be 2pop whippable anymore once those cities have a forge that we should keep in mind.
2) I'd really prefer Orleans to build Colossus. We have tons of northern artic islands that might become viable with 1 fish and coastal tiles that give 3 gold. Plus the culture is useful for legendary city status still at this early date.
3) I can 2pop whip a worker in Horse City instead of a barracks. Probably best since war isn't immediately coming. I've got to finish that chariot before rot sets in though. And this is still the best city to make a Confuscian missionary to head down to Drunk Pigs.
Maybe have the worker chop out a Confuscian missionary in TrojanHorse hmmm.
4) That sounds like a nice order for CornPF, but I'd like a religion spread first before whipping a forge,same as in Drunk Pigs. Hmm.
5) Maybe we can go settler->wb->grow on wb->settler in Drunk Pigs? It will take a while but it regrows so fast 3 pop whipping another settler is pretty efficient.

I still like settling maybe 1S1E of Clams first so that Brennus can't cut us off from Ramesses during a war dec. If he settles on that hill with one of those hilltop warriors, it's a pain to dislodge and I think we have some nice +3 trade routes with Ramesses coming. Plus we'd lose any gpt resource trades and iron if he traded us some extra metal.

Maybe Lyons could build the settler instead at size 4 with some chops
6) Ya, I can whip the granary this turn T122 sure.
7) I was thinking Granary+Workboat since we are keeping Jungle pigs unless it looks like our workboat is turning around from a dead end. Then Granary+Forge ya.
8) I still like clams+sugar first as long as our Brennus Trade routes are open. It's a strategic spot. I think turning the boat around gets sugar/clams settled quicker but slows down the GM by a turn. Maybe that would be best.
9) That is a decent point about Boudica. I'll recall Adam and start sending Boudica down through Brennus' lands at best speed starting T124. It will be slow as dirt going through the wall of jungle but will take off like a rocket when it reaches Brennus road system.
10) I never pass a chance up to pass the buck ;)

The AP election will be T126 and the next AP vote will be T136. So if you want HBR on T126 and T127 and then a lightning war to grab Camulo on T135 while spreading Conf. to another Brennus city and force peace with AP, time to start scheming :)

I'd like to play soon as it hurts to go over a week on my turnset.

Ok I'll settle the barb island first because of the Flood plains and Ramesses not trading us any resources back this game. :cry:

Hopefully Brennus takes as long to get through that jungle thicket as Boudica will.

I'm downloading the save and playing now!

Sabotage Production Values:
T122/T123/T124/T125/T126

Bibracte: 85/151/-/327/-
Vienne: 161/181/207/219/239
Tolosa: 92/-/457/575/697
Durocortorum: 6/25/44/63/81
Isca: 95/114/-/44/56
Camulodunum(Starts T123): 24/32/42/-
====================
Thebes: 2511/-/255/-/496
Memphis: 162/240/318/-/120
Heliopolis: 157/-/149/-/285
Elephantine: 64/104/-/64/94
Alexandria: 200/269/338/407/476
Pi-Ramesses: 75/120/166/226/287

T122 - Traded Brennus Fish for Gems. Renegotiated fish to Ramesses for 2gpt.

T123 - Watched the HG movie. Brennus offered Iron Working for Alphabet and was denied. Great Merchant was born in Orleans. Great Artist was born in a faraway land.

Ramesses completed Parthenon. Ramesses is willing to trade Aesthetics and Construction and has reached Friendly status.

Workboat discovered fish in the far top right of the map. So more arctic fish.

Camulodunum is defended by combat 2 axe, chariot, 2 archers.

Brennus is 17 turns on Calendar.

Traded Metal Casting to Ramesses for 35g+Construction. No diplo hit with Brennus.

T124 - Statue of Zeus built in a faraway land. Pursuing a growth strategy in Paris to try to get to 11 pop quickly. Figure the sooner we can put 1300g on our science slider the better.

Camulodunum Conf. spread worked.

T125 - Double Fish island and dead end discovered to our northeast. Nothing else happened.

Brennus at 10 turns to Calendar

Made a micro error and Satan finished the road 1N of DeerPigsFish. Cost us 2 food sorry.

T126 - AP election came up. Voted for Louis XIV of course :)
Brennus has a spear/chariot/settler 1NE of Durocortorum. Nothing else occured. Moved the artic explorers and Jungle Pigs workboat and named some units.

Lyons garrison is named Tom.
Garrison warrior headed for DeerPigsFish is named Bronson.
Named the HorseCity chariot Larry.
Named the Orleans worker Leroy
Horse City worker Ricky.

There is a Confuscian Missionary in Orleans headed Southwest towards the Drunk Pigs area. Horse City and TrojanCity are also producing Missionaries. The new worker ricky can chop the TrojanCity Missionary complete on T127 or chop a workboat for DeerPigsFish but it would be better to wait to more turns for the exploration workboat to come back than chop another workboat I think.

Uploading soon.

Brennus is 9 turns to Calendar.

Good luck!

Oh my! Thanks to arguing with Mabraham earlier, I checked Metal Casting for trade and it seems Ramesses will trade Construction and 35 out of his 40 gold to us for Metal Casting. That means he is into Metal Casting himself right? Or is that the normal trading value for those techs on emperor?

Maybe we should take the Metal casting for 35g+Construction deal. Will probably give -1 with Brennus but I don't care. We got the gems and open borders already.

**Edit**
Oops, I see that it is probably the normal trading value.

I want Contruction

Is paying 20g+Currency best or Metal Casting+getting 35g best?

Also, Civil Service gets us Construction, Aesthetics, and 30g. Nice that he lets us know just how much he values our stuff with his pool of 40g.

I'll check this later at the end of the turn see what ppl say.

Btw, Kaitzilla, I totally agre with you on trading to Ramesses before our techs become useless. He's essentially our only trading partner. The last thing we can affrod is for him to research techs we've already teched.

Oh my! Thanks to arguing with Mabraham earlier, I checked Metal Casting for trade and it seems Ramesses will trade Construction and 35 out of his 40 gold to us for Metal Casting. That means he is into Metal Casting himself right?

Maybe we should make the Metal casting for 35g+Construction
Makes sense to me.

Is paying 20g+Currency best or Metal Casting+getting 35g best?
I generally take the cash, because I figure I'll just keep creating new techs to trade.

Furthermore, the 35 out of 40 tells you you're getting best value on it. We have good research mulipliers on gold, so we benefit.
Also, Civil Service gets us Construction, Aesthetics, and 30g. Nice that he lets us know just how much he values our stuff with his pool of 40g.
As fast as he's researching, I'm not sure we want to speed him up any more than necessary, till we get through this period. MC helps him less than either CUrrency or CS. We want to make sure we have enough for Calendar when it comes around.

Note down as many comparisons with different techs as you can, just in case next turn or the turn after you'll get a clue on what he's researching, if one of our techs.

Currency will buff his economy, which we'd like. MC will buff his production, which we don't really care about. Don't even want him dogpiling Brennus - he'll steal our cities :lol:. We'll AP him out of any dogpiles he wants to do.

I think him having earlier Currency is worth the 55:gold: differential - even if we don't care about any impact on Brennus diplo.

Second thoughts: But maybe his buffed economy doesn't do all the much for us - maybe some tech he gets a turn earlier, and that 55:gold: can definitely get us some tech a turn earlier. Take the money, not the box, Monty!

I generally take the cash, because I figure I'll just keep creating new techs to trade.

Furthermore, the 35 out of 40 tells you you're getting best value on it. We have good research mulipliers on gold, so we benefit.As fast as he's researching, I'm not sure we want to speed him up any more than necessary, till we get through this period. MC helps him less than either CUrrency or CS. We want to make sure we have enough for Calendar when it comes around.

Note down as many comparisons with different techs as you can, just in case next turn or the turn after you'll get a clue on what he's researching, if one of our techs.

Hmm all his coastal cities are runts with no production even though he has copper. Will trade him Metal Casting for 35g and hope we beat him to Colossus and get fail gold out of him for trying. Will keep an eye on Currency for Aesthetics value.

Doing the Metal Casting for Construciton +35g trade now.

Kaitzilla, could you upload the saves, please. :) I want to make a thorough study of Brennus if I get a chance in the morning.

Save uploaded! The nightmare is over!
Spoiler :
For now...

We can attempt to steal Iron Working right now T126 in Camulodunum for 256:espionage: or wait 4 more turns for a lower price. 82% chance of success right now T126.

Turn Log: Didn't lose it this time >_<
Spoiler :
Here is your Session Turn Log from 175 AD to 275 AD:

Turn 122, 175 AD: Jungle Pigs has been founded.
Turn 122, 175 AD: Deer Pigs Fish has been founded.
Turn 122, 175 AD: You have discovered Metal Casting!
Turn 122, 175 AD: Louis XIV has completed The Hanging Gardens!
Turn 122, 175 AD: You have trained a Worker in Orleans. Work has now begun on a Barracks.
Turn 122, 175 AD: Coco Chanel (Great Merchant) has been born in Orleans (Louis XIV)!
Turn 122, 175 AD: Ramesses II has completed The Parthenon!
Turn 122, 175 AD: Pablo Picasso (Great Artist) has been born in a far away land!

Turn 123, 200 AD: You have discovered Construction!
Turn 123, 200 AD: You have trained a Worker in Horse City. Work has now begun on a Barracks.
Turn 123, 200 AD: You have trained a Settler in Drunk Pigs. Work has now begun on a Work Boat.
Turn 123, 200 AD: The Statue of Zeus has been built in a far away land!

Turn 124, 225 AD: Paris has grown to size 9.
Turn 124, 225 AD: Orleans has grown to size 8.
Turn 124, 225 AD: Orleans can hurry Forge for 2&#8692; with 33&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 25 turns.
Turn 124, 225 AD: Corn Pigs Fish has grown to size 5.
Turn 124, 225 AD: Lyons can hurry Warrior for 1&#8692; with 15&#8484; overflow, 13&#8500; added to the treasury, and +1&#8676; for 18 turns.
Turn 124, 225 AD: Deer Pigs Fish can hurry Granary for 1&#8692; with 11&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 10 turns.
Turn 124, 225 AD: Confucianism has spread in Camulodunum.
Turn 124, 225 AD: TrojanHorse will grow to size 2 on the next turn.
Turn 124, 225 AD: Lyons will grow to size 3 on the next turn.
Turn 124, 225 AD: You have constructed a Forge in Orleans. Work has now begun on a Barracks.
Turn 124, 225 AD: You have trained a Work Boat in Drunk Pigs. Work has now begun on a Settler.

Turn 125, 250 AD: Paris can hurry Forge for 1&#8692; with 21&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 25 turns.
Turn 125, 250 AD: Horse City can hurry Confucian Missionary for 1&#8692; with 24&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 27 turns.
Turn 125, 250 AD: Lyons has grown to size 3.
Turn 125, 250 AD: Orleans will grow to size 7 on the next turn.
Turn 125, 250 AD: You have trained a Chariot in Horse City. Work has now begun on Confucian Missionary.

Turn 126, 275 AD: Paris will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 126, 275 AD: Orleans has grown to size 7.
Turn 126, 275 AD: Horse City can hurry Confucian Missionary for 1&#8692; with 24&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 26 turns.
Turn 126, 275 AD: Corn Pigs Fish can hurry Forge for 2&#8692; with 2&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 25 turns.
Turn 126, 275 AD: Drunk Pigs has grown to size 4.
Turn 126, 275 AD: Drunk Pigs can hurry Warrior for 1&#8692; with 15&#8484; overflow, 16&#8500; added to the treasury, and +1&#8676; for 17 turns.
Turn 126, 275 AD: TrojanHorse can hurry Confucian Missionary for 1&#8692; with 1&#8484; overflow and +1&#8676; for 25 turns.
Turn 126, 275 AD: The borders of Jungle Pigs are about to expand.
Turn 126, 275 AD: The borders of Deer Pigs Fish are about to expand.

You may wish to copy it to Notepad for reference when you write your turn set post. It includes any entries you added with the in-game Chat facility

Buffy Log:
Spoiler :
Logging by BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 122/500 (175 AD) [02-Dec-2012 18:13:12]
Rheims founded
Jungle Pigs begins: Work Boat (30 turns)
Rheims founded
Deer Pigs Fish begins: Granary (60 turns)
Horse City begins: Worker (6 turns)
TrojanHorse begins: Confucian Missionary (40 turns)
50% Research: 96 per turn
0% Espionage: 4 per turn
50% Gold: -10 per turn, 44 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Lyons
Tech research finished: Metal Casting
Paris finishes: The Hanging Gardens
Orleans finishes: Worker
Coco Chanel (Great Merchant) born in Orleans
Lyons finishes: Granary

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Ramesses II (Egypt) towards Louis XIV (France), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'

Turn 123/500 (200 AD) [02-Dec-2012 18:29:24]
Diplomacy: Brennus (Celtia) offers to trade Iron Working to Louis XIV (France) for Alphabet
Diplomacy: Louis XIV (France) rejects trade of Alphabet to Brennus (Celtia) for Iron Working
Research begun: Machinery (9 Turns)
Paris begins: Barracks (1 turns)
Lyons begins: Warrior (8 turns)
A Pasture was built near Lyons
Orleans begins: Forge (5 turns)
Tech traded to Ramesses II (Egypt): Metal Casting
Tech acquired (trade, lightbulb, hut, espionage): Construction
0% Research: 0 per turn
100% Gold: 61 per turn, 69 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Horse City
The whip was applied in Drunk Pigs
The whip was applied in Jungle Pigs
Paris grows to size 9
Paris finishes: Barracks
Orleans grows to size 8
Horse City finishes: Worker
Corn Pigs Fish grows to size 5
Drunk Pigs finishes: Settler
Jungle Pigs finishes: Work Boat

Turn 124/500 (225 AD) [02-Dec-2012 19:10:37]
Paris begins: Forge (3 turns)
Jungle Pigs begins: Warrior (15 turns)
Confucianism has spread: Camulodunum (Celtic Empire)
Horse City begins: Confucian Missionary (6 turns)
100% Gold: 63 per turn, 130 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Orleans
The whip was applied in TrojanHorse
The whip was applied in Deer Pigs Fish
Orleans finishes: Forge
Corn Pigs Fish finishes: Warrior
Drunk Pigs finishes: Work Boat
TrojanHorse grows to size 2
TrojanHorse finishes: Confucian Missionary
Lyons grows to size 3
Deer Pigs Fish finishes: Granary

Turn 125/500 (250 AD) [02-Dec-2012 19:37:53]
Corn Pigs Fish begins: Forge (60 turns)
TrojanHorse begins: Confucian Missionary (40 turns)
Deer Pigs Fish begins: Forge (60 turns)
A Farm was built near Drunk Pigs
Orleans begins: The Colossus (10 turns)
Horse City begins: Confucian Missionary (2 turns)
Horse City begins: Chariot (1 turns)
Drunk Pigs begins: Work Boat (30 turns)
Drunk Pigs begins: Warrior (15 turns)
Deer Pigs Fish begins: Work Boat (30 turns)
Deer Pigs Fish begins: Forge (60 turns)
100% Gold: 60 per turn, 193 in the bank

After End Turn:
Orleans grows to size 7
Horse City finishes: Chariot
Drunk Pigs grows to size 4
Lyons finishes: Warrior

Turn 126/500 (275 AD) [02-Dec-2012 20:04:06]
Lyons begins: Forge (20 turns)

Will upload some screenshots and info and start working on the test game once I take a break.
======================================================================

Our 9 City Empire T126
Spoiler :
Lyons

Drunk Pigs

Orleans

Paris

Horse City

Deer Pigs Fish

Corn Pigs Fish

TrojanHorse

Jungle Pigs

Northern Artic Lands
Spoiler :

Ramesses Lands
Spoiler :

Brennus Lands
Spoiler :

Trade and Other Info
Spoiler :

We are 21 beakers into Machinery currently

Diplo Situation
Spoiler :

Hmm...better to wait for maces in that case. :blush:

A few Crossbowmen can be very effective where the enemy is saturated with melee units. Especially with Combat I and Shock promotions. Clearly they are the best stack defense versus stacks of many melee units. They are also 10H cheaper than Macemem.

Sun Tzu Wu

Kaitzilla, could you upload the saves, please. :) I want to make a thorough study of Brennus if I get a chance in the morning.

Sure. I assume you have the T116 save and can check the T126 save I just uploaded.

I'll upload the 9 saves T117-T125 in this thread now.

Real Saves Deleted*

Congratulations Kaitzilla on a difficult and well played turn set! :goodjob:

For stealing Iron Working, I say wait only 1t to improve odds from ~62% to ~82%. Waiting longer poses some unecessary detection risk though certainly not as much as with Closed Borders.

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom