1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 16 - Kakumeika

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Well, in theory trading Currency to Ramesses for Aesthetics or something else will get us -1 with Brennus, which should be countered T131 from shared civics. That means we can trade for his Calendar on T135 (if he really finishes in 9 turns) and start doing heavy trading with Ramesses after. Or we can give Brennus some tech gift for another +1 if there is some kind of freak -2 hit trading Currency with Ramesses.

Sure, I'd say go for it. If it goes badly we can make another spy in Paris next. Should always have two spies for when the open borders go down to scout and cause mayham.

2. bcool

bcool Chieftain

steal now.

3. Walter_Wolf

Walter_Wolf Chieftain

slowly catching up the last 24 hours events.

I vote go for it (praying for some iron in our lands).

4. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Chieftain

Here are the begging for gold mechanics from Silu and an instantiation. Frankly, I don't understand how he got the numbers from the equation, so I don't konw how to use this. What I do see, though, is that Brennus will turn us down outright because his Power is greater than 1.33 times ours.

5. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Chieftain

I abstain* but I would like to point out that if we wait for a turn or two, steal IW, then put the other spy in for Calendar, the spy should be at 50% just around when he's scheduled to complete Calendar and we should be able to afford it.

Of course, I'm still thinking that Ramesses is teching Calendar, but as Kaitzilla pointed out, he's fooled us every time so far... :)

One more point, though, is that Calendar costs quite a bit more, so we gain more by having that spy at 50% than we do by having this one at 50%.

*I prefer for you to decide what works best for your turnset planning.

6. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Chieftain

Resource Trade Plusmods

Turns they have a decay rate:
    Again, I don't quite understand Silu's explanation.

Is that decay rate per turn? ( I assume so.)

Is there decay if we're trading at least one resource?

7. mabraham

mabraham Chieftain

Not sure how the rate works, but there's no decay if we keep trading something. (Yes, we can get something in return.)

8. mabraham

mabraham Chieftain

Steal now (as I said before)

9. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Chieftain

All that's needed is the Sabotage Production and Sabotage Buildings values, plus you need to know the cheapest build he has (corresponding to the Sabotage Building value).

1. SabotageBuilding / CheapestBuildingCostinHammers = SabBldgFactor.
    2. SabotageProduction / SabBldgFactor = Total hammers in current build.

That's it.

The factor usually doesn't cahnge much from turn to turn. It seems to vary slightly depending on the distance form our capital and other ep factors. In Camulodunum, for example the factor is much different now that we have spread COnfu to it.

Then you can compare that with last turn to figure out hpt. You can look at the city to guess what tiles he's working. YOu can try to figure out if he's building a settler/worker or a regular build or a production-bonus build.

FOr example, in Tolosa, on T126, it's clear he's building a stone-enhanced build and that it has 116h in it. On T125 he had 96h, so it's 20hpt, which is 10base-hpt x 100%stone-multiplier. Tolosa is building Chichen Itsa. Tolosa is probably working 6f, 5f, 2f3h1c, 4h, 2f1h, 1f1hcottage, and another grass tile.

At 20hpt it will be done on T145. Brennus could speed it up by working another mine, with one or two chops, and/or a whip. Assuming no chops, on T137, if Tolosa is pop10, if could 5whip it done on T138. At pop8, it could 4whip on T138 or T139.

10. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Might it not be Hagia Sophia? We gave him Theo on T116 and Code of Laws on T119 to encourage such a choice of stone wonders.

11. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Chieftain

We gave him a choice of wonders, but does this look like stone to you?

:)

12. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

:cringe:

Ok, It Chicken Pizza :goodjob:

Nothing that Police State+Theocracy and some dual promo Macemen and Catapults can't handle. Just need a few happy resources first.

13. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Chieftain

Well, if we don't spend our eps on Calendar, how about spreading COnfu there and a city revolt for about 250eps! :mwaha:

14. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Chieftain Supporter

I already stated that we should steal Iron Working as soon as our Spies get ~82% odds (that means right now for our 1st Spy). So I'm obviuosly in favor of WastinTime performing the IW steal mission right now and uploading the game.

BTW, I never suggested more than 2 Spies in the same city. Either perform the steal with the first Spy before moving the second Spy (potentially in the same turn) or move the second Spy to the second best city for espionage.

Sun Tzu Wu

15. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

From the photodump, it looks like there are 2 double-fish arctic cities, not 1 sorry.

Also, should we concede clams/sugar to Brennus? The barb island settler can still get back down there before Brennus gets there.

It's a strategic spot ensuring trade with Ramesses during a Brennus war, but if we are pretty sure we can take it militarily with ease then we don't have to settle a fairly crappy city there. Mostly it is trade routes and 2gpt that would be severed currently.

16. WastinTime

WastinTime Chieftain Supporter

I'm working on the goal-oriented PPP. Should be up later this morning. I'll do the IW steal in about an hour unless I hear something.

17. mabraham

mabraham Chieftain

What marble isn't stone? :p

18. shulec

shulec Grrrrr... I AM the force! Hall of Fame Staff

I prefer to take the clams/sugar and replace the island settler. It is unlikely for the only iron to be there, but it could be. (Hopefully we will know shortly!)

19. WastinTime

WastinTime Chieftain Supporter

Turn 126, part 1: Steal IW

Mission success! Spy survives too.

Save uploaded. There's iron everywhere:

Spoiler :

20. Walter_Wolf

Walter_Wolf Chieftain

WOW

I'd say let's race against Brennus for the Clams/Sugar/IRON site :).