[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

OK. The new plan is to whip the worker next turn at 20/60 and OF into an exploring wb. All else stays the same. Is everyone okay with this? If so, I can start playing soon.

OK. The new plan is to whip the worker next turn at 20/60 and OF into an exploring wb. All else stays the same. Is everyone okay with this? If so, I can start playing soon.
Sounds good to me :)

Green Light

Please send the Clam City workboat exploring eastward on T83 and T84.

The Canal City workboat is a slower explorer since it is born on T85, and can easily net Clam Cities' clams on T88.

If the team later decides otherwise next turnset, the Clam City workboat can turn around to net clams, and the fresh Canal City workboat can be the explorer starting T85.

Turnset Report (T82 to T85)

Continuing turnset report from here.

T82
Dang, it looks like Peter's wb is taking the northern route. He's now at Whales-NW.

Cahokia - 3 pops - 38:hammers: +9
Poverty Point - 4 pops - done, finished something worth between 40 and 41:hammers:
Mound City - 2 pops - 18:hammers: +4

Peter: 25:espionage: +5

Land Area: 21K (Rival Worst)

T83
We see SB's galley at Poverty Point-2W1N. That is what he finished last turn.
Peter's wb continues to scout the north shore. :( He'll hit a dead end in 3 turns and then turn around.
I see red culture in the fog in the NW. We should open up a trade network with Peter next turn!
It's going to take the chariot some time to check if a land bridge exists:
Spoiler :

Cahokia - 3 pops - 67:hammers: +29 (+9 and a pre-Math chop)
Poverty Point - 4 pops - 7:hammers:
Mound City - 2 pops - 22:hammers: +4

Peter: 30:espionage: +5

Land Area: 23K (Rival Worst) - It just went up 2K. What does this mean, LC?

T84
Mysteriously, Peter's wb turned around and went into Whales. Do you think the AI wb's have sight for 6 tiles and he saw the ice blockage ahead? ;)
Our scout has uncovered some of Peter's culture but I don't see a city yet. I see a settler protected by a chariot though.
We can trade resources with Peter. He has nothing to offer but wants stone and fur (he has horse, clam, crab, deer and silver).
The exploring wb is costing us +1 gpt. I'll add it to LC's bill.

Cahokia - 2 pops - Just produced something by whipping. Must be a settler.
Poverty Point - 4 pops - 13:hammers:
+6Mound City - 1 pop - Just produced something by whipping.

Peter: 35:espionage: +5

Land Area: 23K (Rival Worst)

T85
Confucianism has spread to Mound City. :banana:
We find out the Charlemagne from the Holy Roman Empire is in the game. The citizens in Canal want to join him.
We now have TRs with 4 of Peter's cities. :cool:
SB's galley sailed through Canal and is exploring south.
Peter's wb is headed along our south shore! SB's closest scout is at Cows-2S.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Poverty Point just completed a galley and it's headed our way. I've been tracking production every turn and I'm sure he hasn't completed a settler during my turnset. MG, did you see a settler when you went past SB's cities? Did you track his production after you went past to know if he could have completed one?

Cahokia is probably building a settler since it didn’t 1whip a worker last turn. Could 1whip on T86/87. On galley T88...

We need a confu miss over to him by about T90.

I think that ocean tile with no food makes a bridge go from unlikely to impossible.
Yes, it's looking like it's not possible but there may be a way for a 1-tile-wide bridge to exist. Not sure.

Suggestions on what to do with the chariot? Say by the straight hoping to spot a wb or do we just continue to explore as planned.? Do we care about uncovering the sea tiles in the far SE? I don't think so but I'm just asking.

I can't recall. Why do we care if SB has a settler/galley? cus he might settle ON marble?
Or is it Wheat? I sorta remember something that says it's impossible for him to settle Wheat with Canal there.
Anyone run the test game up 50+ turns and see if Zara would?

We were worried about him taking our wheat. I haven't played the test game far enough to know if an AI would settle there when there are other viable options (like the island in the North Sea).

I kinda wanna fully explore. What if there is another island! :eek: and we need another explorer!
...but I'm thinking the consensus will be to park and wait for AI wbs.

Yes, it's looking like it's not possible but there may be a way for a 1-tile-wide bridge to exist. Not sure.

Suggestions on what to do with the chariot? Say by the straight hoping to spot a wb or do we just continue to explore as planned.? Do we care about uncovering the sea tiles in the far SE? I don't think so but I'm just asking.
If fog-gazing says no land beidge, I’d go back and sentry for AI sitings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom