[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Seems folks have completely given up on the the SB isthmus leading to a nice site. Okaaaaaay...

My thinking is, we’ve delayed settling S7 this long, why not take advantage of the possibility? Will settling S7 late prevent it from fulfilling its duties?

Alternatively, , let’s just settle it, clam crab…

I like the galley shuffle plan, WT. It gets us an exploring naval AND LAND UNIT sooner and frees up Cows to produce wbs or other things for other purposes.

To scout SB, we can just wait for OBs and send a 2-mover through this lands, right? That's not too far off, really.

City MM looks well conceived. :goodjob:

I assume you get the fur happy soon enough. You could avoid the 14 wkr-ts roading the Cow deer by roading and camping the Silver deer instead. Food for thought.

Would that make Rex unnecessary?
Or enable more failgold?
Or better prepare for gems?
Or improve a Sci tile sooner?

Hard for me to know how to fine-tune your optimization...
Rex is crucial for T69 Great Wall whip.

Improving and roading the northern deer instead of fur is a thought.
Pillaging the northern deer does not really remove food.
Fur could be hooked up in the south T72.
Mmm, don't really see any obvious benefits in the short and medium timespan.
Worth thinking about.
Perhaps Cow City could get more precious and chops ealier in the T70s.

of course you meant 1W
A lot of worker plans can be derailed with forest growth, so if you have critical moves/chops, etc. you might want to consider worst case scenarios.

tl;dr Send Galley 2 far NW w/ chariot or warrior
If we don't settle the Island-formerly-known-as-Metal-Island, then Galley 1 could pick up chariot and quickly drop it at Canal-2S1E, then...
Go and get the Oracle choppers. This means...
Galley 2, after dropping off T65, can explore the far NW with a unit on board. Ideally, a chariot (from Silver?).
Most of the AI is coastal rt now, but that chariot could help us get more TR connections and spy on inland cities.
Not to mention the possibility that land/ice blocks us from circumnavigating and the chariot completes the connection.
That means...
wb9 is probably for Whales' seafood.
Whoops, 1W thanks!

Yes, there is just enough movement points for northern galley to head back down, pick settler up on the south of the island T59, then race to pick up an Oracle chopper T71. :D

We could totally send the western galley to explore the west starting Turn 66!

Chariot alone could scout Sitting Bull.
Cow City could build a scout for galley going west.
Whales gets a free workboat.
Now that I look, Silver City can skip Warrior until after Oracle to save unit maintenance on our new scout.
After Oracle is chopped, our 2nd galley can go explore Sitting Bull's water T78.

Last edited:
@Kaitzilla I'm going to play through your PPP in about an hour. Is it up to date? Or are you going to make slight modifications based on the recent discussions? If you don't plan to update it for a bit, I can just play through the current version. I'm just curious. ;)

@MG, since you're on deck, if you have time you should play through the PPP too to see if you can see any improvements.

GW/SH Failgold

GW
63 sci 110
64 can (86)
65 sci 18
66 sil 68
67 cow 96
68 can (4)
69 can (60)

SH
63 cow 22
64 cow 16
65 cow 16

T65 seems weak. How about giving away our stone that turn?

The cow deer iiuc is never worked between t55-77. Shepherd could connect the Cow deer to Cow by t63. With stone disconnected T65, we lose 18h in GW but could put 100 (dun) in the next turn. Another city could put 100 into either SH or Mids (or Moai)...

Later, if needed, we pillage rice to get our stone back...

@Kaitzilla I'm going to play through your PPP in about an hour. Is it up to date? Or are you going to make slight modifications based on the recent discussions? If you don't plan to update it for a bit, I can just play through the current version. I'm just curious. ;)

@MG, since you're on deck, if you have time you should play through the PPP too to see if you can see any improvements.
Go ahead. :)

Most all of the changes are just units and workers so far.

GW/SH Failgold

GW
63 sci 110
64 can (86)
65 sci 18
66 sil 68
67 cow 96
68 can (4)
69 can (60)

SH
63 cow 22
64 cow 16
65 cow 16

The cow deer iiuc is never worked between t55-77. Shepherd could connect the Cow deer to Cow by t63. With stone disconnected T65, we lose 18h in GW but could put 100 (dun) in the next turn. Another city could put 100 into either SH or Mids (or Moai)...

Stonehenge hammers on T63 is zero.
No cities can contribute.
A scout in Cow City would also take away Stonehenge gold.

Whipping the workboat in Cow City can put a bunch in on T63, but permanently loses +4 commerce per turn until Oracle.

Really early dun whips? Hmm
I don't think we can quite shoehorn it in.

Last edited:
GW/SH Failgold

GW
63 sci 110
64 can (86)
65 sci 18
66 sil 68
67 cow 96
68 can (4)
69 can (60)

SH
63 cow 22
64 cow 16
65 cow 16

The dun whip can be used only once per city. Delaying Glib or Oxford should be included as opportunity cost. Completing the GW for fail gold is insurance policy for OracleCS. -hammer from GW may cost more.

The dun whip can be used only once per city. Delaying Glib or Oxford should be included as opportunity cost. Completing the GW for fail gold is insurance policy for OracleCS. -hammer from GW may cost more.
True. I’m still looking for ways to speed up OrCS. :) Failgold is the primary obstacle. It even obstructs settling City 7 sooner.

Stonehenge hammers on T63 is zero.
No cities can contribute.
A scout in Cow City would also take away Stonehenge gold.

Whipping the workboat in Cow City can put a bunch in on T63, but permanently loses +4 commerce per turn until Oracle.

Really early dun whips? Hmm
I don't think we can quite shoehorn it in.
Scout in Cows delays the galley exploration 1t (or delays wb for Whale nets 1t), and possibly costs 2t of SH. Instead, Whales could build scout, t73, delays galley 2t, but not SH possibility.

Btw, Whales wb needs to complete T75 so T63 Cows could put 16h into SH instead of 22h T64.

Last edited:
I worked through most of the PPP. Looks pretty solid other than a few tweaks.

Note that I did not get +5:gold: on T63 from the chariot. I only got +2:gold: Maybe I did something wrong? This meant that I was short on T65 and could only run the slider at 60%.

Also, on T59 I actually had 47:gold: +24 (Your PPP shows +23). However, this seemed to even out because on T61, I had 33:gold: +32 and you show 32:gold: +33. Not a big deal but I just wanted to let you know what my numbers were so you don't freak out if the numbers don't match while you're playing.

So what are the open issues before you can play and when would you like to play?

crazy that it's T55 and we can't figure out how to get a 15h scout out West T75 :crazyeye:.
Seems like Whales has an extra pop on T72 to whip. Wouldn't the 15h OF help it ? either with granary or failgold.
Or sub it in for Silver's lighthouse.

crazy that it's T55 and we can't figure out how to get a 15h scout out West T75 :crazyeye:.
Seems like Whales has an extra pop on T72 to whip. Wouldn't the 15h OF help it ? either with granary or failgold.
Or sub it in for Silver's lighthouse.
Silver can build Scout instead of Warrior/Lighthouse.
Not sure when it produces off the top of my head.
I worked through most of the PPP. Looks pretty solid other than a few tweaks.

Note that I did not get +5:gold: on T63 from the chariot. I only got +2:gold: Maybe I did something wrong? This meant that I was short on T65 and could only run the slider at 60%.

Also, on T59 I actually had 47:gold: +24 (Your PPP shows +23). However, this seemed to even out because on T61, I had 33:gold: +32 and you show 32:gold: +33. Not a big deal but I just wanted to let you know what my numbers were so you don't freak out if the numbers don't match while you're playing.

So what are the open issues before you can play and when would you like to play?
The last main issue is City 7.
It becomes somewhat urgent to settle after Oracle, but we really, really, really want Iron.

Most of the game might be fighting off AI that settle our lands.
Warships take iron, along with strong horse units.
It would also help with whip overflow issues and have stronger defenders than Warriors.

I would like to play 1 turn tonight to get a stronger peek at the north island and the other 9 turns tomorrow night.

I will add the new Galley idea to the PPP soon.

If Whales needs the garrison, the galley could ferry one over in passing.
Mmm, that is a point for north deer pillage plan.
That way Cow Warrior is no longer needed down south and can sail with Galley. :)

Can we go until T72 without fur connecting?
T72 is soonest Cows fur can connect.

Top Bottom