[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Kait, it's a tall order but see if you can find a city location in the fog in five turns or less that makes the decision easy.

By the way, even if we go Mining -> BW, we don't really need Mining ASAP so if we go 5 turns and don't find a good site, we can keep the slider at 0% to save up enough gold to research Mining -> BW in a single 100% slider push (10 turns???) before we make the final decision. If we find a compelling city spot on T+7, for example, we could always research Sailing first.
Yes, we can explore from T22 to T27, so 12 tiles for the work boat at 0% slider.

Do we favor left or right when we get down there in 6 tiles?

Yes, we can explore from T22 to T27, so 12 tiles for the work boat at 0% slider.

Anyone’s guess. Considering the decision to explore westward (left), if it’s a small island, maybe better to start right. If it’s a large land, start left. :crazyeye:

Then is that ocean crab a hint or a lure?

We could stop at crab-2e, survey the land and fog-gaze, see if that resolves it. Does it tell us what’s happening SE of the island?

My only useful logic is that the se area will be lower maintenance if juicy.

Another logic might be which way will tell us the most in 5t?

In Sci, did you farm wines or rice next?
Neither. It was just a quick, short test where I worked the unfarmed wine til BW. The city wouldn't grow in that time, so didn't matter.

I just compared the real and test save. The south island looks different, so check the real before deciding on a plan to go west or east. I'm still thinking about it.
Test save looks like 3 land. Real save 4 land and I think the east side curves out kinda funny? I'm not a good fog gazer.

Neither. It was just a quick, short test where I worked the unfarmed wine til BW. The city wouldn't grow in that time, so didn't matter.

I just compared the real and test save. The south island looks different, so check the real before deciding on a plan to go west or east. I'm still thinking about it.
Test save looks like 3 land. Real save 4 land and I think the east side curves out kinda funny? I'm not a good fog gazer.
Yeah and the test save has funky coastal tiles. My above thoughts are based on the real save.

I think we should go towards the crab. It doesn't help our decision to find a 2nd seafood that it out of reach of the crab.
So, I'd say either SW at the decision point, or i would support 1S, then 1W if we really want to see that right-most land tile.

BW VERSUS SAILING

Code:
T46  BW    Sailing
g     4    20
gpt 20     20 @0% slider
    -17    -17 @100% slider
bpt 37     37
Sci 11/28  same
Wk4 0      0
Mon done   done

Cows
   19/26   25/26f
Wb5 20h      —
Wb4        0h
gall 0h    done +4 tiles

Canal
  16/24    8/24f
wb2 7h     0h
cult 3     -1 (monu just whipped)

Silver
   6/24    4/24f
monu 12    12h

BW(t36)-Sailing(t46)
+1.67 wbs
Canal 8f7h 4culture ahead
Silver +2f

Sailing(t32)-Mining(t36)-BW(t44)
+16g
+galley+2t
Cows +6f

Observation:
Sci has nothing to build, endlessly. Needs a build, like granary, library or GW...

My Impression: BW first slavery benefits are minimal. Extra early wb for exploration possible benefit.

Sailing first gets 1-3 cities settled far sooner. Retains option to beeline Alpha. Gets granaries or libraries much sooner so Sci doesn’t waste hammers.

Settling Silver t37 is a great idea!!!

Doesn't that depend on which tiles you work?

EDIT: or in your testing were you only running 0% for 4 turns to get T32 Sailing?
0% for 5t renders Sailing t32 impossible without stupidities like working coastal instead of cow pasture.

test saves

Attachments

• SAILtest22 t46.CivBeyondSwordSave
    79.8 KB · Views: 49
  • BWtest22 t46.CivBeyondSwordSave
    80 KB · Views: 33
Donut flavor? ;)
Corona Sunset.

49798918-E67C-4A09-AAD8-A10F006C4370.jpeg

And It's great you did the testing and don't see a problem waiting a few turns for BW. And we should see copper before we settle #5.
Next would prob be pottery, then masonry? to whip OF lh->GLH? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's not discuss that yet.

Top Bottom