SGOTM2 Maintenance Thread

I will be away from the boards for approximately 3 weeks from tomorrow. Please direct any queries to Karasu, either through this thread, or by PM.

Be good when I'm gone ;)

Rather than try to answer this and mess it up

CHECK OUT THIS THREAD

The only thing different in this forum is that we are replaying (kind of) past GOTM's.

Welcome to our little asylum :D

Would it be possible on the scoring data page to also put the team names in the middle of the chart so that it is not necessary to scroll to the top to see which team goes with which column?

Hey guys, it seems that Team DGiT has ran into a bit of a quagmire, and are down to 3 active members, and 1 of those 3 hasn't posted their I Got It in 48 hours. Is that any stand-bys who are willing to pitch in, even if it means they may need to leave if the original player wanted his spot back? If the original will have to be bumped, then so be it, but we really need some support over there. And a strong player to make up for my weaknesses in playing please.:) Remember, I am in a Training Game so I'm not very good. *innoncent smile*

Sorry to hear that, alerum68. Have you tried PM-ing those missing in action?

The problem now is that most candidates will probably have been browsing the other team threads, so I'm not sure where you're going to find an unspoilt player :hmm:

Yeah, we had one of the members who was MIA for a while pop back this morning, but we're still missing one. I think we'll be fine with 4 members though. Didn't think about the others already going ahead and reading the other threads...

Please remove NeoXultragoth from team tao. Despite him signing up for SGOTM2, being assigned to the team, and reading the PMs sent to him, he decided not to report. We should not tolerate such behaviour, IMHO. :mad:

@alerum68, @tao:
Are either of you still looking for an extra player for SGOTM? I'm newish to this Civ3 deal - have a couple of Monarch wins, and am struggling mightily through my first Emperor game (vanilla Civ3). Would be very interested in joining an SGOTM to improve my playing.

I haven't read any of the team or spoiler threads, so I'm a virgin on this particular scenario... Also not yet familiar with the GOTM mods. So while I'd be happy to pitch in on an existing team, you might want to give me a day or 2 before assigning me to play turns.

Cheers,
nikof

@ alerum68 & nikof:
Let me know if and when nikof joins DGiT, and who s/he replaces, and I'll update your team list.

Hi again - I hadn't realized this was a PTW game. I only have vanilla C3. I guess that means I won't be able to join this round. Sorry! And good luck anyhoo.

nikof

Try Tao. They are vanilla, as Tao is on a Mac.

I can't find a ruling on the end date. I know we discussed having a 2 month guillotine at which point the prizes would be awarded, but I don't know if this is cast in the tablets of stone that mad-bax took off to Florida with him to throw at Mickey Mouse and that very annoying "Small World" boat ride.

P'raps Karasu took a photocopy of them before he left?

AlanH said:
... I don't know if this is cast in the tablets of stone that mad-bax took off to Florida with him to throw at Mickey Mouse and that very annoying "Small World" boat ride.
You know, that's funny... I live about an hour from Orlando... two days ago I swear I saw a small article in the Orlando Sentinel that a dozen Orange County deputies had to subdue a British tourist at the "It's a Small World" ride. Apparently he was threatening to "Return with a Stack of Doom" to "wipe the silly smirk off the AI faces"... as he was carried away in a straight jacket someone overheard him mumbling something in latin... something like Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum...

...but the silly reporter probably got that part wrong.

Actually, instead of carrying off the crazy tourists, they put them in funny costumes, superglue their feet to the floor and make them sing that @#$%^ song. Mad-Bax is Beefeater on the right :D

In fact, I did try to copy Mad's stone tablets, but the scribe had run out of toner and messed it up completely...

As Alan says, we consider a 2-months deadline as a general guideline for SGOTMs, but as far as I can tell it will be adjusted to the specific game: SGOTM 1 was a short one, whereas this one will take some more time.

From what I remember, we were considering the first half of July to close SGOTM2 and launch SGOTM3, but this is going to be reviewed when Mad comes back and gets rid of his Beefeater clothes (or not... :hmm: )

A couple of teams also lost some players and got a bit slowed down -this will be considered too.

Karasu said:
...A couple of teams also lost some players and got a bit slowed down....
Oh... just a little bit. :rolleyes: How does that maxim go? Something about leading a charge, but checking over your shoulder to make sure they're following?

Fortunately or unfortunately I think the "It's a small World" ride is closed for renovation in FL & CA. I think there was debate about updating the song.

Wasn't it just voted the most annoying (or one that you can't get out of your head) song the other other month?

Hopeful MB will visit EPCOT and partake of a liter or two of Beck's Dark in Germany, one of my favorites.

Top Bottom