SGOTM2 Maintenance Thread

I wouldn't mind a little report on Mission to Mars if his tummy can take it.

Just a question about SGOTM 3 (I know, I know :coffee: ), but are the plans to start 3 before 2 is complete. (this info would help my planning for joining SG's )

Thanks

Well... that depends on when SGOTM2 is completed :)

As far as I can tell, we are going avoid overlaps as far as possible, but it will all be confirmed when the boss comes back from the fairy world...

Karasu said:
Well... that depends on when SGOTM2 is completed :)

That could take a while then, with one team finished and a couple close to finish and some teams hardly moving at all :)

Most teams have completed 150 turns and we are only one month in. I think a few stragglers may go on beyond another month, but most are likely to finish within the two month target.

I don't want to pre-empt mad-bax as it's his decision, but there's absolutely no technical reason why we can't overlap the end of this game with the start of the next. The submissions pages are set up to handle that. And if we did announce another game to start a month from now it would concentrate minds wonderfully. :D

AlanH said:
And if we did announce another game to start a month from now it would concentrate minds wonderfully. :D
...or ensure that nobody in these events plays a personal epic game again! :crazyeye: Let's see, my team's straggling, I'm not done with COTM1 yet, I'm up in an SG somewhere... and GOTM32 is a couple of days away... :suicide:

Maybe I oughta change my sig to "Live to Civ, Civ to Live, no need for food, I ate yesterday"

Since there is COTM and GOTM Classic now, there are GOTM games starting on the 1st and 15th, so I don't see a need to say that SGOTMs will start on a particular day of the month. Perhaps set a Maximum time limit (3 months should be more than enough) and a Minimum time limit (e.g. 1 or 2 week(s) after date 2/3's of Teams have finished, with announcement coming out on that date). This might give enough flexibility to keep the games flowing, give teams some time to finish up, and allow teams to form up for the next game.

When I try to upload a save file, I get the error message
Code:
trying to index G_LEAD in class civfile

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/BabyBeast/BabyBeast.php on line 100

:confused:

tao said:
When I try to upload a save file, I get the error message
Sorry Tao. I updated the SGOTM code to bring it in line with the latest version, and one of the new files failed to upload. It should work now.

We (Team Handy) have a problem, Houston :(

I'm getting a consistent crash on the inter-turn after turn 6 (during Japanese movement phase). I've reloaded & replayed; restarted, reloaded & replayed; and reloaded, made an insignificant unit move and replayed. The game crashes at the same point every time.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Ted

TedJackson said:
We (Team Handy) have a problem, Houston :(

I'm getting a consistent crash on the inter-turn after turn 6 (during Japanese movement phase). I've reloaded & replayed; restarted, reloaded & replayed; and reloaded, made an insignificant unit move and replayed. The game crashes at the same point every time.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Ted

Have you tried an earlier save? You should have an auto save from the beginning of turn 5. You might try that one out.

DJMGator13 said:
Have you tried an earlier save? You should have an auto save from the beginning of turn 5. You might try that one out.
Yep... had a similar problem at the end of turn 4 but a unit move seemed to clear the problem.

Ted

TedJackson said:
Yep... had a similar problem at the end of turn 4 but a unit move seemed to clear the problem.

Ted

Was turn 4 the first occurrance of the error? If we don't get any better suggestion from a more tech experienced person, you might want to try a turn 3 save, something prior to the first error. Does the same error occur if another teammate plays from the current save or do you have a second machine you could try it on? (Is the error embedded in the SAV or is it a possible conflict with a setting or something on your machine.)

I'd also recommend posting in the Tech Support area and seeing if you can get some help there.

It's definitely the save as I get the same behaviour on my laptop :(

I think that the GotM staff have a utility for checking rogue saves so hopefully someone will pop in and offer to to have a look and I've PM'd Karasu for some help :)

Oops, forgot to say thanks for your attempts to help :blush: :)

Ted

If you want to email it to me at alanh(at)gotm(dot)civfanatics(dot)net I'll run it through our checker to see if it throws anything up. As I don't have PtW I couldn't load it up to peek/have a laugh, even if I wanted to ;)

EDIT: Just realised that email is prolly not working as it's on teh gotm server. I'll PM my private email to you.

Cheers Alan,

I've e-mailed the offender :)

Ted

Sir Bugsy said:
Is there going to be a second spoiler thread?
From the looks of some of the score lines that end in a little "x", not for all of us... :D

Seriously, I was just about to ask the same thing.

Yes, the X marks the end of the line. I did think of planting little tombstones on those points :D

Is there an official end date for SGOTM 2 yet?

Top Bottom