• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM4 - Team Ivan

I like Ivan's suggestions. Circle placement is not important and expansion is our immediate priority.

Check the second post on the sign-up thread. It explains in detail how to set up your resources and pediacons for this game. I'm going to play 11 turns now, placing city in spot 1 on my map, building warriors and then settler. I'm going to try and time the settler to pop when the city hits size 4.

Ok, I'm done. Here's the link. I think we're off to a fairly good start.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/sgotm4/Ivan_SG004_BC2590_01.SAV

AdrianE's turn20: 3050 Move settler SW towards position 1. Adjust lux to 0.
Trade Masonry to Rome for BW + 7gold.

1: 3000 Irrigate cow 2. Set production to warrior. Move warrior SW to scout.

2: 2950 Micromanage city to mined BG to maximize production and trade on growth turn. Set science to 10% with additional trade.

3: 2900 City size 2: Set production to double cows. Warrior in 1 turn, growth in 4. Science back to 20%. Start roading cow.

4: 2850 Warrior pops. Utica founded, starts warrior.
MM back to BG and 1 cow for 3 turn growth and warrior in 3 turns. Science back to 10% (I should have done this last turn to save 1 gold).

5: 2800 Send worker to BG to start connecting Utica

6: 2750 Road BG: MicroManage back to double cows for growth in 1 turn + warrior. Scout reaches dead end peninsula

7: 2710 City size 3: Warrior pops (MP) and start worker due in 2 turns with 12 food left over.

8: 2670 Worker starts mining BG (necessary for a 6 turn settler after worker timed to coincide with growth to 4.)

9: 2630 Worker pops, moves to connect spices. Start settler.
Warrior pops in Utica, start colossus.

10: 2590 Worker starts road towards spice. Scouting looks like we're on an island with the Romans. The Romans will sell us Warrior Code for about 131, but I think we should wait.

Writing will finish in 13 turns.

MicroManagement of capital: Work 1BG and 1 cow this turn, growing to size 3. Then work 2 cows and 1 BG for 2 turns, then 1 cow and 2 BG for 2 turns yielding settler at same time as city growth dropping us back only to size 2. The southern Worker should move to connect and benefit Utica while the northern worker connects spices. The northern warrior should keep a look out for barbs and some of the southern warriors should hold back for MP and defense duty.

Utica could possibly be changed to either a worker or we may want to plan on having utica build the great lighthouse since we might be on an island. Maybe we should shoot straight for mapmaking.

I don't know if we can beat the Romans too it, but north of that lake would be a great city location. We have some warriors in the area that could possibly protect the spot for us. If not, then the SW end of the Utica river could be a servicable fall-back location. We should try to keep the Romans away from iron... if it's possible.

Attachments

• mountains.JPG
    mountains.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Rome.JPG
    Rome.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 64
Good play DCsteve, May be Colosus to early. What romans ask for WC?

Thanks, I agree it's probably not time to start building a wonder yet. Utica could still switch to a worker, warrior or barracks.

The Romans are asking 131 + 1gpt for WC. I was waiting on the deal to find another civ to lower the cost... but it doesn't look like that will happen. We might want to buy it and start building archers so we can take out the romans before they get to their UU. If we ARE on an island we could even try to sneak attack them and hope that nobody ever knows.

Are civs set to respawn?

OK, got it. I probably won't play until tomorrow as I'm up in 3 games at once.

If everyone (or most everyone) is agreeable, will switch Utica to worker in 4 when city grows to 2, then rax, then vet archers for archer rush. I'll also buy WC as I think we need that to build our archers. I won't plan on building any of our UU - looks like some kind of spartan spear - as we don't want a despotic golden age.

Plan to have the worker from utica start roading towards Rome once Utica is connected to speed our troops on the way.

As a long term goal, I think we should try to keep this island to ourselves and DOW on any intruders (won't win us diplomatic victory though)

Let me know your thoughts.

Sounds really good. We definitely want to archer rush Rome. We also want to shoot for colossus/great lighthouse, but we have some time before we need to commit to those. Go ahead and by WC right away because I think the computer gives you a better deal when you are spending ALL of your cash on hand.

I think we do not need WC and archer rush right now. We will need spare cash to research Literacy/Map making at 100%. Better to trade Writing for Techs. May be early Colosus in Utica is OK. Third City at Grassland 3 tiles SW from point O at rraus Dot map. Not sure about others. Will wait and see. I think we have to be friendly with Romans as long as possible. At least before next contacts. It looks that we are alone at our Island and our Commulative technological progress depend on our good relationship. IMHO that Archers is most useles unit for future. Also, better to avoid Golden Age before Republic. To avoid sneak attack we have to have one goplit per City. We also might build Trade route to Rome. Futur military road. We may think about war when we will know Iron and horse location. But I'd like to avoid war with Rome.
Regards, Ivan.

Ivan_SG004_BC2190_01.SAV

No concensus reached on what to do with Utica. Will hold off on trade at this time as we will probably need the $

pre-turn (2590bc)

Switch Utica from Colossus to worker

ibt zzz

turn 1 (2550bc)

MM Carthage, move some warriors and move worker to start road to Utica

ibt zzz

turn 2 (2510bc)

move some warriors, start road to Utica

ibt Rome founded Antium by northern wool, cutting off our southern warrior :(

turn 3 (2470bc)

move some warriors
MM Carthage

ibt

see a barb warrior N of Carthage
Utica worker => rax (can change to Colossus if concensus is reached)

turn 4 (2430bc)

kill barb warrior and end next to barb camp

ibt

Carthage settler => rax (can be changed to Pyramids for GL prebuild)

turn 5 (2390bc)

dispersed barb camp, warrior lost 1hp. Still a regular

ibt

road to spices complete and we now have happy people, who build Hannabaline a room to live in. (instead of having her live in a cave)

turn 6 (2350bc)

fortify injured warrior to heal, move other warriors and settler

ibt zzz

turn 7 (2310bc)

move units again

ibt zzz

turn 8 (2270bc)

move units again

ibt

another barb warrior out of area near ivory.

turn 9 (2230bc)

leave warrior fortified on hill as if I move this turn, I can't fortify or attack before he's attacked

ibt

barb warrior appears next to warrior trapped behind Roman territory

turn 10 (2190bc)

Trapped reg war kills barb warrior with loss of 2hp
Northern reg war kills barb warrior with loss of 2hp

Firaxis score 97; Jason score 128

Notes:

1. Rome is up both WC and IW
2. The settler for the 3rd town is close to where I think he needs to be but it might be better to wait until after trading writing for IW before settling our 3rd city.

Got it, may be play tomorrow.
[/I]Carthage settler => rax (can be changed to Pyramids for GL prebuild)[/I]. Better if romans will build TGL for us.
We have to be very cooperative at 5CC!

Nice turns Ivan. Rome seems to have a dream location.

One option for us would be to place a temporary city/worker pump very close to Carthage. Carthage can only make full use of both cattle 2 out of every 4 turns. We could place a temporary camp to the NE to make use of the northern cow the other 2 turns.

We could also place the ivory city with a plan to eventually abandon once we capture rome.

Future idea. We could theoretically build the FP if we capture 3 Roman cities in the same turn at a later date. Or do a combination of capturing and founding new cities while abandoning old cities.

I got it but only just got back from work trip so probably won't play tonight. Will play tomorrow when I get home. (and catch up on previous posts)

dcstevez said:
1) Rome seems to have a dream location.

2) One option for us would be to place a temporary city/worker pump very close to Carthage. Carthage can only make full use of both cattle 2 out of every 4 turns. We could place a temporary camp to the NE to make use of the northern cow the other 2 turns.

3) We could also place the ivory city with a plan to eventually abandon once we capture rome.

4) Future idea. We could theoretically build the FP if we capture 3 Roman cities in the same turn at a later date. Or do a combination of capturing and founding new cities while abandoning old cities.
1) I think corruption in Rome will high. Much better to trade then fight.
2)-3) major problem is not allowed to Romans settel at our Lux. Therefore I choose locations of next Cities. We can abonded them when our culture border expand.
4) Not sure that we need FP. Will see, however.
Regards, Ivan

Uploaded. (uploaded your's first Ivan as the reports said we were only up to 2190BC)

Turn Log

1725BC (1)
Northern hoplite see's barb

1700BC (2)
zzz

IBT
Caesar demands 23g, I give it
Northern hoplite repels barb

1675BC (3)
Carthage settler->settler
sci90%, +1gpt, 71g, Lit stays 6t

IBT
Northern hop repels another barb
Romans start Pyramids

1650BC (4)
Hop forts to heal and repel another barb

IBT
Another barb dies, still no promote

1625BC (5)
Settler arrives at location 1

1600BC (6)
Theveste founded
Hop arrives at ivory forrest s of camp
southern worker spots roman settler pair

1575BC (7)
Carthage settler->hoplite
sci80%, +2gpt, 75g, Lit stays 2t

IBT
Roman settler pair founds Pompeii sw-ish of Leptis Minor

1550BC (8)
zzz

1525BC (9)
We discover Literature
Trade lit to Rome for Pot + WC + 26g
sci100%, -1gpt, 105g, Map Making 17t
Switch Leptis Minor to Great Library

1500BC (10)
zzz

Firaxis: 135
Jason: 179

>>> SAVE <<<

Please build Libraries everywhere. We may finish Colosus to be first but other Cities should build Libs for culture expansion. As I said, let Romans build TGL for us. Our Priority to build trade route and trade Lux to Romans.

That should make me up. I'll play this evening.

Where was that newly produced settler heading?

Adrian

New settler was heading to location 2 on the jpg posted by ivan. And sorry ivan, I thought you'd said the pyra was a prebuild for TGL, now I reread it I realise you meant library. I nearly had a road all the way to rome when they founded pompeii, when they hook it up we'll have a trade route. (I didn't want to leave the worker in their terr. I know they won't kick him but I think it upsets them)

OK

1500BC - Rome has iron, we don't, they are building the Pyramids in Rome
They are Polite to us and we are weak compared to them.

Change Leptis Magna to library, press enter

Theveste completes a warrior, starts a library

1475BC - disperse barb camp for 25 G
1450BC - found Hippo, IBT Romans establish an embassy with us
1350BC - spartan hoplite completes in Carthage, order a worker
1325BC - worker completes in Carthage, order a hoplite
1300BC - Leptis Magna completes Library, order a barracks
1250BC - nothing

I sent two workers towards Theveste to improve the terrain and 1 to build a road to ivory. I left one down south in Leptis Magna area. Expansion is due next turn there.

Mapmaking is due in 3 turns. Rome has CB and CoL. I did not make any trades.

Adrian

Did we finish Library in Crathege? Please do it as son as possible.
Hope we get Colosus, if not swich to Lighthouse, NOT TGL or pyramids.
After MMking Phylosophy=>Republic (Trade CoL). If Romans send settlers through our land try to block them with 3 warriors cap.
##
# or ##
#
Build trade route and trade lux to Rome for Lump sum.Will help to avoid war.
Regards, Ivan.

I did not build a library in Carthage. The hoplite under construction there is due in 1 turn so it can be switched to a library due in 5 turns or so.

Theveste should build a galley as soon as it can.

We can build a wall of units to keep the Romans out. It takes 5 units to do so. Start S,SW of Utica and go NW. Our continent is only 5 squares wide there. It won't stop any boats though.

Adrian

Top Bottom