Shaka dominated in simulated AI game!

SickCycle

Prince
I played a simulated game between just the AI's and I was glad to find out since he's my favorite, however, I was a little surprised.

Check out this screen shot, I didn't finish the game because it was starting to take a very very long time per turn to cycle but I simulated 400 turns of this game and Shaka was number one almost the entire time.

First 200 turns Shaka had the lead, then around that time Pacal took it by a large margin for the next 150 until Shaka declared war on him and it was a total slaughter.

Note: Roosevelt is a colony of Pacal.

So, does this mean anything and are you guys surprised? To know for sure it would have to be run several times since land is so important and a few civs got shafted but I was surprised to see him leading for most the game.

I'd normally say it was nothing but he dominated the entire game pretty much, I was surprised.

I was gonna put the save up but you have to edit your config file to look at it, let me know if you want it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 516
Big_and_Small.

I'm kinda curious as to what would happen if I simulated another 200 turns but by the flow of the game I'd say Shaka would build up the conquered Mayan land and then declare war on someone else and trash um and just keep doing it till he had that cntinentl.

I was surprised in the beginning that Shaka actually expanded twice as fast as the other civs and then declared on Pacal once he took the lead even though they shared the religion and Pacal had founded it.

Just assuming Shaka could take the land mass it would cement him in for a victory pretty much, I might simulate the rest of the game while I'm sleeping or something just to see what happens if Zara launches an attack with the Oromo but Shaka just spams so many units I dunno if it would phase him.

I'm interested in your experiments, I'm not sure what they prove .

Maybe you'll just find out which civ the A.I. uses best.

Then again, since the generalship on the A.I.s are equal, maybe it does tell you which has an advantage, and I've always thought Shaka had advantages.

Who else is he playing against? Rome? Greece? Carthage?

I just picked all my favorite civs, I kinda wanted to see which one would be the strongest and so far Shaka has been number one almost the entire time, even when he fell behind he built up troops moved them to the leaders border and destroyed him no contest.

I wanted to finish it but it just started taking so long, but from what I saw Shaka was beating everyone and closest to the victory conditions the entire time except for a little over a hundred turns with pacal really pulling away but as soon as he declared war it was over..

It shows whos playing in the screen shot.

Ethiopia - Shaka - Alex - Dutch - Babylon - Boudica - Darius - Kublai - Monty - Mayan

I just added monty cuz I was really hoping for a miracle and he'd dominate but he was in last place from turn 1 - 401 lol his alter makes me drool, same with his traits, I'd loved it if he ended up trashing everyone but no go.. not even close.

It's worth mentioning that the Dutch got shafted for land but in fairness it's connected to Alex and he just couldn't take the land from him and got isolated because of it. Boudica also has semi ok land and is connected behind shaka but like the dutch she just couldn't expand through shaka, he's really a monster lol

He's even keeping up in techs, he might actually be the tech leader I believe and his cities are size 18 even with him whippin away during war.

I think all it really proves is that warfare really is the AI's weakness and Shaka is the best in that department :)

I don't get why his score is so high...he doesn't even look like his territory is that large compared to some of the others.

Well, I picked Shaka as the best AI leader, but I'm not sure how telling this one game is. He's not really winning by that much, it's only 250 points or so. There's plenty of time for someone to beat him to a space race.

Also, in the picture you can see he built the Pyramids. I think that alone could provide him with enough of an advantage to take the lead. It's at the point now where other Civs can also get out of Hereditary Rule.

Go into your mygames beyond the sword config file and change the 0 on cheatcode to chipotle (great mexican restraunt) and then start a game and hit ctrl-z and then ` then type Game.AIPlay X (X being the number of turns you want it to play)

I started 10 simulations yesterday, and i found something a bit different. I think it's a drop in the ocean though, since i found that when i replay the same simulation the winner is not deterministic, though i think the computer plays significantly better as some civs (capac, ginges) than others (gandhi). i'm adding a link.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5905116#post5905116

i think this topic is very interesting for understanding ai mechanics, and that the more players simulate, we'll have a better understanding of which traits the ai knows how to use best.

I did another hundred turns and Shaka is just pulling away more and more.

He's at 3400 with Darius in second at 2700 and it's 50ish turns from a time victory year 2000

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 119
I'm amazed Shaka got so many people under Judaism. I wouldn't think he would be a missionary spammer.

You'd have to do thousands of simulations like this to say anything meaningful about which AI's are better.

For another 'simulation' try playing a game with continents. Sometimes when I find another continent Genghis will be running roughshod over all the other AI's. Sometimes I'll find Genghis a helpless vassal. Really can't take 1 game, or even dozens of games, and say anything meaningful.

Top Bottom