She-Wolves of the Caribbean

Couple of suggestions for whoever plays next:

1) Use this city configuration this turn for Wench:

Spoiler :

Make sure Granary is at top of queue. What this does is allow you to 2pop whip the Granary for max hammers - approx 30 - into the Colossus. Also, next turn the Food bar will be at 15F, which is 1/2 full based on this configuration, which is the optimal food bucket for Granary completion. This will allow Wench to grow even faster after the next pop point.

After performing the whip, configure the citizens for max hammers without starving as this will maximize the Overflow next turn.

Then configure Wench to grow to 4 which it may do at max hammers, but if not get that pop point and then max hammers to complete the colossus.

2) Fishstench should take the horse from Wench this turn to max overflow from Library whip Nocho just performed there.

3) Pig/Wheat city in the east should emphasize food for Library whip.

Other note: I checked and Willie and Louie will both trade Calendar for MC, so they don't appear close to teching it.

I'm not entirely convinced whipping the granary now is the best way to go as obviously we'll whip good tiles away and we get an unhappy citizen, so Colossus will come a bit later (I think), despite the overflow. But I'll happily leave that up to you, lymond. :) If you think it works out just fine, I'm okay with it.

Regarding pig/wheat, yeah, growth in principle is good, but I configured it this way as otherwise it'll get unhappy too soon. It lacks a garrison, I sent a chariot over from the west which could arrive in 3 (?) turns. Just keep an eye on not growing into unhappiness just too soon. Not sure when exactly the 2-pop whip will be available.

And I had a thought on Louis. We should just ignore the bastard. :p If I'm not mistaken he's one of the AIs who runs into WFYABTA very soon, that is, IIRC, with 5 techs traded to us. As I took 4 techs very recently, if you plan on doing those trades with WvO and Louis soonish, make sure to trade with Louis first and then with WvO. I fear that if you do it the other way around (first WvO) he might already refuse to trade.
If I'm right about this, then in any case Louis will soon be useless to us, trading-wise. So then we better just go ahead and trade with Joao and ignore any cancel deals demands from Louis. We can use the OB and especially the fur from Joao now. Besides, we're obviously not a land target for Louis and he'll hate Joao more in any case because of the religious differences. So likely we don't need to fear him much and he'll be of little use trading wise. Hence, let's put him on our ignore list and suck up to both Joao and WvO, who both will be much more useful for trading. ;)

Mechanics of Technology Trading Limits ... you're quite correct Nocho re. Louis XIV... list of WFYABTA 'limits' by leader (not sure I understand the 'handicap' for playing on Immortal as flagged by VoiceOfUnreason though as in "This value is modified by the difficulty handicap defined in CIV4HandicapInfo.xml (100% boost on Settler, 20% boost on Deity");

Spoiler :
5 techs

Alexander
Bismarck
Brennus
Genghis Khan
Huayna Capac
Isabella
Julius Caesar
Louis XIV
Mao Zedong
Mehmed II
Montezuma
Qin Shi Huang
Pacal
Ragnar
Shaka
Sitting Bull
Stalin
Tokugawa

10 techs

Asoka
Boudica
Cyrus
Darius
De Gaulle
Frederick
Hannibal
Hatshepsut
Hammurabi
Hannibal
Kublai Khan
Lincoln
Napoleon
Saladin
Suleiman
Suryavarman
Victoria
Wang Kon
Washington
Zara Yacob

15 techs

Augustus Caesar
Catherine
Charlemagne
Churchill
Elizabeth
Gandhi
Gilgamesh
Joao
Justinian
Pericles
Peter
Ramesses II
Roosevelt
Willem Van Oranje

20 techs

Mansa Musa

Actually Nocho, I think you may be right with the Colossus. Although, I'd love to get the Granary in at an optimal time, the hammer rate is strong in Wench each turn and we would lose 2 turns of that on the granary for about the same amount of hpts in OF for one turn. So I will stick with the Colossus and chop a forest. I think we should get it.

So plan:

1) I'd like to get out 2 more Settlers this turnset. 1st one for the Maoi city will come from Stench and probably build another in Wench for the Island, which I think we can settle now. I will try for another settler too if it seems write. We can't have too many cities at this point.
- like to get a Library in Wench too

2) I'd like Peg's Leg to focus on units for a bit after the worker, but first another Galley here to ferry units over to the island.

3) Stench will put hammers from Lib OF into a LH and then start a Settler - micro this for when happy cap goes up.

4) To set up a Monarchy trade, which we sorely need, I think we should tech PH. I will run a turn or two of binary and finish off PH and then back to Currency.

5) We need more workers as well so I will work that in.

6) Not worried about the barb city for now. I'd rather that city be 1W of where it is so I think we should raze it eventually. We can still settle the Pig site regardless.

7) I will keep a close eye on the diplo. HR will boost relations with Louie and Joao.

8) I will settle the new clams/Pigs city and start work the Pigs. Build/whip a Mon here and start a WB.

edit: I'll record this one for our YT Playlist

4) To set up a Monarchy trade, which we sorely need, I think we should tech PH. I will run a turn or two of binary and finish off PH and then back to Currency.

PH?

6) Not worried about the barb city for now. I'd rather that city be 1W of where it is so I think we should raze it eventually. We can still settle the Pig site regardless.

:rolleyes:

edit: I'll record this one for our YT Playlist

If you're wanting every turnset recorded, I'm not too sure what's involved with this (when I'm up).

Priesthood

ha - not everyone on the team has to record their turnset if they don't want to. It takes a bit of setup, but with Camstudio and a mike you can get it up fairly quickly.

OK, thanks.

The Pirate Bay has a Monument build, but if you wanted to go for a Lighthouse (Lake + Colossus), it'd be fine by me. 3 turns either way won't matter.

^^^agree. Since PB can work the lake now and with the new city in the south, the Mon is really not important there at all.

I'll wait for more feedback, but will probably play tomorrow evening.

The plan seems very good. Kind of nothing to add to it ;-).

except... well i don't know why settle the "maoi" spot now, especially before island city or pigs+2x clams or wheat+clams city (which sould be imo 1w ;-)).

That maoi spot is imo extremely lame :), whale is unworkable until optics, deer is 2nd ring and I don't see there anything special that could outweigh doing city in the west where we have at least very good food.

with Camstudio and a mike you can get it up fairly quickly.

I don't know about this 'Mike' guy ... but it sounds perfect otherwise!

Crosspost with v

... tend to agree ... I thought that rubbish seafood-Pigs peninsula spot could be saved by Maoi ... if not Banana Island.

I don't know about this 'Mike' guy ... but it sounds perfect otherwise!

you know that's my alter-ego in computer games! :)

seriously though you need microphone (obviously) so we can get some commentary. TMIT has very good video about setting up the whole thing for recording.

You'd have to cope with an Australian accent.

crikee!!! :lol:

Yep, you will need a mike to let that Aussie accent shine through

I can see your point on the whale/deer city. I was considering the distance thing and expanding outward. We want those cities in the west but I figured there was no rush. I do like getting up the island city first though which is why I want a galley out of the copper city next.

j/k of the day.

Q: In Australia, what's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

Spoiler :
A: A buffalo is a large four legged bovine, and a bison is what you wash your hands in.

As regards the recordings, unfortunately I'm too poor at the moment to buy a mike, I may be able to scrounge an ancient one from home but that'll take a while so nothing this game I'd say.

If I did expect lots of profanities and a thick culchie accent (with unfathomable idiom).

You're unhappy with some of lymond's dot mapping as well? ;)

No more along the lines of "Oh <rhymes with duck>! I forgot to whip city X last turn" and so on.

To allow it on here it'd end up more like this.

Nocho, nice turnset there.

Sounds like a thorough plan there... all sounds good to me.

Will have a look into recording. How hard can it be?

Apologies for late reply, been a weekend of daytime drinking and BBQs. Which is nice, but not 100% productive! Will look more tomorrow :)

Top Bottom