1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SheepNES: Modern Battlefields: MAIN THREAD

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Sheep, Jan 8, 2007.

1. fantasmo

fantasmo Very Sexy Messiah

Australia is heeeeeeeeere! I'll chuck some grovelling/diplo up tomorrer.

2. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

Feel free all Arab League NPCs would join.

3. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea, signing in

4. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

india xcl xcl xcl

5. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

Schlafende Hunde soll man nicht wecken.

One should not awaken sleeping dogs. But Germany is here all the same.

6. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Croatia is here.

7. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Guess what guys the King of Spain dies of a heart attack. His son Felipe Prince of Asturias, takes the throne. More to come in the form of a story!

8. knigh+

knigh+ .

Organization of the Islamic Conference thread started

PC members: Algeria, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey

PC observers: Russia

Observer organizations: UN, League of Arab States, African Union

9. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

I have seen already, added to Sub-threads on first page.

10. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

Blah. Brazil.

11. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

12. knigh+

knigh+ .

Turkish Daily News

7 January 2007

GATHERING STORM

ANKARA – Nobody likes the almost anarchic lack of proper administration of the country around the election times. This year, being a double-election year, is not at all promising. Watching the increasingly hostile statements between the powers at play is not dissimilar to watching a gathering of storm clouds.

First, the presidential elections will be held in May. It is still not clear who will the candidates be, but the widespread assumption is that governing Justice & Development Party will try to consolidate power by nominating, and eventually electing a senior figure among its ranks.

This idea is scorned upon not only by the opposing Republican People’s Party, but also more than half of the citizens, as well as the Army. In 2002, by what political analysts consider an arithmethic accident, JDP gained more than two-thirds of the parliamentary seats with only 34% of the electoral votes. The institution of Presidency in Turkey is viewed as the legal protector of the deep tradition of secularism. The president is elected by the parliament, not popular vote, so JDP’s majority in the parliament means they might determine who will it be. Of course, RPP parliamentarians can postpone the election multiple times by repeatedly not attending it, which will in turn cause early election for the parliament.

If the next president comes from a party with religious roots, such as JDP, things may easily spiral down to a crisis. In that case, some people predict not much will happen, as JDP is not so naïve to take any drastic action that would anger the citizens. Another prediction is that the Constitutional Court will nullify the presidential election, therefore forcing a parliamentary election. In the worst case scenario, some people expect a response from the unofficial-but-actual protectors of secularism: the Army. A coup in Turkey, possibly with popular support, is not out of the ordinary, as there has been one every decade since 1960’s.

To complicate matters further, the parliamentary elections will be in November, with a new election system that removes some of the disadvantage of the smaller parties. A lot of things (several party leaders, EU approval, people’s opinions about JDP, election system) have changed since 2002. And in Turkey no election was predictable in the past couple of decades. This election will be even less so.

As November approaches, public polls will start to give some inkling of the results of November elections. But for now, all eyes are focused on what JDP will do about Presidency.

13. Luckymoose

A New Era

“There is something you may never understand. We are the decedents one of the greatest Empire. No. We are the greatest. Spain itself has fallen into a pit. We are no longer the power we once were we are just a accessory to Europe. As the countries such as France and Germany and England take all the glory. We are stuck at the bottom of the list. We have been avoided for far to long. Spain’s time has come again. We will re-arise as a great power to challenge the power of others. Our economy, our military all will become something to marvel at. I will do something my predecessors never could. Regain Spain’s glory. You hear me?! Spain’s glory! It will return. You just wait.” - Felipe, Prince of Asturias. Now King of Spain.

In the midnight hours of January 12th 2007. King Juan Carlos of Spain. Died at age 69 of a massive heart attack. Leaving his only son Felipe, as King. When Felipe heard of his fathers death he stood proud. As the new king. Later that month he was preparing for his coronation when he spoke to his best friend. Robert Montello. Whom would become the future Prime Minster via Kings request.

“Robert, we have been friends since school. I have to ask you a question, which will challenge our friendship.” said Felipe.

“Yes.” replied Robert.

“When I become king, in just a few moments. I will begin first by getting rid of the current Prime Minister. He only stands in my way and my political goals. I will ask you my friend to become the new Prime Minister. Together we can regain Spain’s greatness.”

“Of course, I’d do anything for you and for Spain.” Robert said.

“Good. Now excuse me while I become King.”

As the coronation preceded Robert watched from the crowd. As the new King of Spain was crowned. Less than three hours after being crowned. The Prime Minister was fired and sent out of the palace to which he had been called. Robert Montello was named the new Prime Minister. But under direct rule of the King. Spain was now ruled by King first and Prime Minister second. Sort of like a go to man for diplomacy. Several other members of the government were replaced by hand picked members of Felipe’s inner circle. But do not fret. Nothing sinister is going on. As the King has good intentions…for Spain. Later in the year he made a speech. The one you see above. And in that speech he addresses military and economical issues.

The army will be brought back to glory. Spain’s soldiers will be the top soldiers in the world. Spain will become a power once more.

14. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Vladimir Putin casualy walks in the thread.

15. das

das Regeneration In Process

lurker's comment: For inspiration (or just entertainment), you can use this:
    http://vladimir.vladimirovich.ru/
    Good luck! ;) Will lurk here in the meantime. Would've joined, but all the nations I wanted were taken before I even noticed.

16. Luckymoose

SPAIN WILL RISE! YOU JUST WATCH. das YOU WATCH! YOU LURK IT YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING?

17. knigh+

knigh+ .

From Turkey
    To Israel and Palestine

As one of the very few countries that have good relations with both of you, we offer to act as intermediary in diplomatic relations between your nations, if you see the need for such assistance.

from Turkish Army
    to Israel

We are happy with the cooperation between our countries. We will be running some more field trials on the Sabra prototypes you delivered, so far we can say it has proven to be an extremely capable MBT. We might be interested in more Sabra upgrades in the future.

OOC edit - rookie question: was this too specific for the main thread, was it more appropriate for PMing?

18. jalapeno_dude

jalapeno_dude AKA Panda Judo Eel

Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
    Capital: Luxembourg
    Political Head/Player: Grand Duke Henri/ jalapeno_dude
    Government/ National Confidence: Grand Duchy/ Happy
    Economy: 18ep a year (+1ep from Tax Haven Status)
    Treasury: none
    Industrial Base: 35
    Education: Comprehending
    Army: 500 Infantry
    Projects/ Research:
    Completed Research:
    Completed Projects:

Luxembourg checking in.

OOC: Luckymoose, you might want to check Spain's constitution to make sure the king can dismiss the prime minister.

19. Luckymoose

Sheep allowed it, its only to spice up the nes.

20. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

General Perez Musharaff is of Pakistan is here.

Ready for diplo!!!!