Situation Level: Alpha (an EFZI story)

Dumanios

MLG
Company Research Center, 11:30AM, August 21st, 2006

The Company was one of America's most rapidly growing corporations in recent history, with many products everywhere on the spectrum. From Vacuum Cleaners to Disco Balls to Assault Rifles, the Company makes it. Those who work in the Company, though, have a different picture. The Company engages in everything, as long as a profit can be made.

"Hernandez!" the voice belonged to Dr. Lazar. The mad doctor used to live in Switzerland, before being forced to move to the United States after some suspicious deaths in his area. He was able to find employment in the Company, though the Director kept watch upon him.

"Yes, Doctor?" the lab assistant replied.

"I need you to administer these drugs to our test subjects," behind Hernandez, criminals taken from the Paradise City jail were lined up, numbered Test Subject's 1 to 15.

"Right away, sir."

"Explain to me why I am here, Dr. Lazar," the even computerized tones of the Director intoned.

"Ah, director, you're here, you're here! This formula, which I am testing today, will be able to improve the strength and stamina of one who takes the formula. With this formula, our guards will be unstoppable supermen! And any who oppose us will feel the brunt of our soldiers, yes they will! Such a force would be one to be reckoned with, and very fearsome! I told you I was a genius, I told them, I told-"

"Get to the point, what is this formula called?"

"We don't have a definite name for the formula yet, but it is under a working name."

"Tell me the name, then."

"It is currently designated as... ZV-69. Hernandez, have you injected the serum?"

"Yes, sir. I have."

"Good. Everyone dismissed, I will study the results."

Research Center Security Office, 5:13PM, August 22nd, 2006

Something had gone wrong. An unknown force had taken out most of Samuelson's security force, the phone line to the lab was utterly quiet, leading the security officer to assume that something had happened to Dr. Lazar. Samuelson locked the door, and barred it as well. Now, he was frantically dialing the Chief of Security.

"Chief, we've got a situation at the Research Lab!" Samuelson shouted.

"What's going on there, Samuelson?" the Security Chief replied.

"Something's wrong here, and most of my security forces are dead. The lab is completely quiet, and I'm holed up in my office!"

"Well, whatever's happening there, has probably taken down Lazar, at least some good news."

"But what's killed Lazar, is coming for me now!" Samuelson's voice was extremely frantic, and in the background, splintering sounds could be heard.

"What's going on, Samuelson!?"

"Something's breaking my door- no, wait, it's #15! I need reinforcements now!" Samuelson yelled, before Test Subject #15 destroyed the phone.

#15 swung again, throwing Samuelson into a wall. The security officer rolled out of the way, shortly before Test Subject #15 came crashing into the wall. Samuelson ran out of the room, dragging his desk to barricade the test subject inside for a bit. #15 had grown, and was stronger than ever, but his mind seemed little concerned with anything other than basic instinct, and his skin had decayed to a greyish tone.

Samuelson ran and found the body of a National Guardsman. Samuelson knew he'd hate himself later for this, but he took the soldier's grenades, company experimental weapons. #15 broke through the barricade Samuelson had set up, and charged. Samuelson pulled the pins and threw all of the grenades.

#15 stepped on one of the grenades, triggering it to explode, leading to ten separate explosions around him, which brought down the walls and ceiling around him, while giving him a crater to reside inside. Samuelson continued to stand there gaping, before sprinting away, in case #15 survived.

Board Meeting at HQ, Midnight, August 23rd, 2006

"And so, gentlemen, it appears that we face a Level Alpha Scenario."

Yoda Power: Sorry, I don't have any screenshots, though thanks for the complement.

Company Warehouse, Midnight, August 23th, 2006

"Wiseman, have you seen the new company edict?" Zimmerman said.

"Heh, a new edict? This better be good," the guard, Wiseman, replied. Amedeus Zimmerman and Wiseman have been security guards for a while, and they had dealt with gangsters, disgruntled citizens, and drunken dockers. This was new.

"This is something," Zimmerman stated. A scream broke the silence, before a handy man ran into the Warehouse.

"Grey thing, moaning, mad, tried to kill me! Help!" he said.

"I'll investigate." Outside, it was dark. Most of the street lights weren't working. Much more than the work of bored teenagers, rather, a bad feeling went over him. He could smell a pungent stench, somewhat different from the usual dockyard smell, almost like a rotting cadaver. Then he heard a groan, before he was hit by something's claw. He turned around, sidearm drawn. He shoot his attacker twice in the head before it fell dead. It was a zombie, every traditional sign was there. Stench of rotting, grey flesh, and more durable than most people. He would have to show Wiseman what he found.

HQ, 12:16, that night.

"So what your saying is that this meeting room isn't good enough?"

"Yes, director. We need the meeting room in the Conference in order to begin carrying out the 5 Step Management Plan. That's where our spin doctors are."

"If that's what we need..."

Top Bottom