Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls V

I don't know why you'd feel sorry for people buying it on Steam, it isn't like they are forced buy it from Steam instead of retail, the price (unless there is an additional discount) is the same in North America at retail (if not significantly more on Amazon).

This a bit offtopic, but I don't really have anything against where people get their games, but I think people shouldn't accept the prices as they are. I don't like the direction where the game prices have been going in these few years. If you wait a month or two the price usually goes down(it's still the same game, you just miss the hype of playing it new).

Yeah, well games have been 39-49$ for what, 15 years now? I guess it's normal that at some point they go up a bit. However, I agree that it is usually too much considering the number of games I buy. So for 95% of games I buy, I wait for inevitable deals.

More on topic; the graphics are gorgeous, but I find the shadows to be a bit blocky or flickery under certain light conditions, most notably outside in full noon sun. Am I the only one noticing this? I mean the shadows on ULTRA aren't that great. But it seems that it's almost not noticeable in most conditions, just under certain not totally uncommon conditions. I've tried some .ini editing as suggested by some random online forum posts but eh. Anyway it doesn't usually detract from the game too much but it's quite jarring when it happens, considering how gorgeous everything else is.

Yeah, well games have been 39-49$ for what, 15 years now? I guess it's normal that at some point they go up a bit. However, I agree that it is usually too much considering the number of games I buy. So for 95% of games I buy, I wait for inevitable deals.

More on topic; the graphics are gorgeous, but I find the shadows to be a bit blocky or flickery under certain light conditions, most notably outside in full noon sun. Am I the only one noticing this? I mean the shadows on ULTRA aren't that great. But it seems that it's almost not noticeable in most conditions, just under certain not totally uncommon conditions. I've tried some .ini editing as suggested by some random online forum posts but eh. Anyway it doesn't usually detract from the game too much but it's quite jarring when it happens, considering how gorgeous everything else is.

The texture quality on Ultra isn't quite what one would expect. Doors, trees etc. look quite blurry at close distance. And amazingly, the texture distance draw issue from Oblivion is still there. Trees, tundra grass etc. don't appear until you are close enough. When you look at distance all you can see is an ugly plain ground. Overall however the game looks quite good and there are some amazing scenes (nightly Aurora Borealis above the mountains..) so I'm not complaining too much. But please mod the UI...

The texture quality on Ultra isn't quite what one would expect. Doors, trees etc. look quite blurry at close distance. And amazingly, the texture distance draw issue from Oblivion is still there. Trees, tundra grass etc. don't appear until you are close enough. When you look at distance all you can see is an ugly plain ground. Overall however the game looks quite good and there are some amazing scenes (nightly Aurora Borealis above the mountains..) so I'm not complaining too much. But please mod the UI...

Sort of agree, but what do you expect with a 6 gigs game really. Makes me wonder how a Total War game can be 25 gigs when a game like Skyrim is 6. Anyway, what I find is that the team made a wonderful job of "camouflaging" or making awesome looking sceneries and places with the limits they had. Most of the time you aren't really close enough to things to notice the average textures, and when you're moving around it's even less noticeable. I don't know, but I find they did an amazing job doing a game that can look this nice on older computers, and this nice on ultra running super smooth on my new comp.

Spoiler :

I think TW is bigger because CA has put 20 gigs of pure awesome in each and every one, but they started forgetting about it around the time of Empire.

According to a quick Google search, USEP says it exists. However, considering I don't want to spend the afternoon waiting for the page to load, I don't know anything more than that.

Just look for an Illusion spell seller person.

Some of the random rewards are junk, for promotion to Legate I get Steel Armor? I've killed over a hundred rebels and that's the best you got?

Just installed a new graphic-driver and set it to appeal with Skyrim, and now it's running nice and smooth on high settings. :D
I'm having big trouble dealing with Ice Trolls being in my way, so I'm spending some time on making my destruction magic much better than it is. Seriously though, they are way more damaging than the Trolls in Oblivion. Imma loving it.

Just installed a new graphic-driver and set it to appeal with Skyrim, and now it's running nice and smooth on high settings. :D
I'm having big trouble dealing with Ice Trolls being in my way, so I'm spending some time on making my destruction magic much better than it is. Seriously though, they are way more damaging than the Trolls in Oblivion. Imma loving it.

Trolls seem pretty much unkillable for a low level character. The main problem is that their health regenerates insanely fast. Like already said, it's quite funny that dragons etc. are much easier than some random troll. Difficulty level is not quite balanced. It's nice that the forest creatures now pose a real danger though, makes traveling more exciting.

Running away from an angry mammoth has to be one of the funniest moments in gaming ever. :lol:

Getting smashed by a giant is way more hilarious. Have you seen how far your character flies? It's like he/she's a satellite. I can't even be mad about dying. :lol:

I once had a mammoth and a giant both chasing me at the same time. Unfortunately the mammoth got to me first so I didn't feel the giant's rampant fury. I'll be sure to anger the next one I see though.

Is there any way to un-aggro the giant critters of doom?

Top Bottom