[R&F] Small things you have noticed on playing

That's +35 to get into a second golden age? Is it always around +35 or is this because I got 'too many' points in the ancient era?
You can just move your mouse upon the era score of Dark Age or Golden Age (panel on the right), then it will show how to calculate.
Dark/Normal threshold = score when era begin + 12 + city number when era begin - 5 * dark ages you entered before + 5 * golden/hero ages you entered before
Normal/Golden threshold = score when era begin + 24 + city number when era begin - 5 * dark ages you entered before + 5 * golden/hero ages you entered before

Last edited:
There should be emergencies triggering when someone comes close to finishing their space project and achieving a cultural victory as well etcetera. I hope things like that are modable
I wouldn't mind that being an moddable addition but definitely not interested in having it in the base game, that would be awful.

I'm not sure how much I like that. I preferred thinking of era score in terms of needing trade-offs (do I create my unique now to boost my score or save it for a later era when a specific age may be more useful? Do I choose when to clear camps to maximise era score?), which is lost when making it purely additive.

Moreover you can't store points for the next era. if you overflow in the last era, too bad for you, welcome in the dark age

So seeing different perspectives here - does excess era score carry over or does it not? Personally I prefer if it does as otherwise you need to micro manage your era score.

does excess era score carry over or does it not?
No, it does not... the new targets are calculated based on current score, hover over values in the screen and for once they show the formula... kudos Firaxis

No, it does not... the new targets are calculated based on current score, hover over values in the screen and for once they show the formula... kudos Firaxis
So if you already are over the golden age threshold, it is better to stop making any additional era points and save them for the next era? This is exactly what I was afraid of, I don't like this kind of design :(

So if you already are over the golden age threshold, it is better to stop making any additional era points and save them for the next era? This is exactly what I was afraid of, I don't like this kind of design :(
It's designed to make it hard to keep chaining golden ages because if you want to "save up" era score you basically need to stop playing and just sit there doing nothing for 10-20 turns.

I think they've got the Ages system spot on actually, because the rewards for a golden age are not that substantial and the negatives of a dark age are easy to manage. For me, that means there is no reason to be 'gamey' with the system, I just let it happen. Of course, I am more of a roleplayer type.

Now, this is just cute :)

Be bold, settle in tough spots - you'll be making history!
Now I wonder if there's something similar for settling in deserts or on one tile islands?

Do the AI ever join in emergencies? Not that it's an issue if they don't since you get the entire reward. Just kinda defeats the purpose if people don't join together to take the threat down.

Conquistadors no longer convert cities upon conquest if adjacent or making the final attack. It's probably a bug since the ability of the unit has not been modified. Pretty annoying considering they are the main strength of the Spanish civ.

For some reasons I can see enemy spies in one of my districts so I can counterspy, never seen it before
Yea, I noticed this, too. I don't have RF yet, so this is happening also in vanilla (with the patch of course). I think all the spies were from my allied AIs (3 spies on my C.H.), so this would make at least a little sense (you share visibility with allies, so you see also the spies), but I bet it is a bug anyway (you shouldn't be able to see spies even from allies, they are SPIES, aren't they?....)

The Great Library is super awesome now for keeping up in tech on higher difficulties.
That's great to hear!

Has the change to Papal Primacy belief been mentioned yet? It probably has been but I missed it.

It now gives a +200 religion boost when you send an envoy to a CS.

This, after all, is the game whose designers decided it would make immersive gameplay for the optimal strategy to involve switching techs every few turns and waiting until you get eurekas to finish them off.

That's great to hear!

Has the change to Papal Primacy belief been mentioned yet? It probably has been but I missed it.

It now gives a +200 religion boost when you send an envoy to a CS.
Yep, in my screencap thread :)

Top Bottom