1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Small things you have noticed on playing

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Victoria, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

You can still change city names.

nzcamel likes this.
  2. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

I just started up the game for another hour and yes, it worked again. Strange that it didn't before. Buggy. Sort of hope it happens again so I know I'm not crazy...preferably to someone else though... : P

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Hard to say. I'm only on Prince, I do have barbarians on which hamper the AI quite a bit on this difficulty. I didn't have anything that I seen in that Firaxis game yesterday (which was supposedly only one difficulty higher, King) which had Korea producing massive numbers of military units even after her army was wiped out. Of course the Devs kind of sucked hard playing that game, no offense guys and girls.

I have had 2 golden ages in a row, I didn't think I would get it, but an early conquest of Japan soon as I had a few Horsemen out (as Mongolia) really put my empire in a strong position. I'm about to go after Pedro next. Though I'm on a continent by myself now Japan is gone, so I do have a ways to travel.

4. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Barbarian Scouts are much more on the ball now. Had two trade routes and a mine pillaged just in the first 40 turns, and every time it was a Scout.

Maybe their new pets are more aggressive...

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I had one attack a wounded slinger to get at a settler.

6. Toofou

Toofou Chieftain

"Revelation" policy grown obsolete for no reason !
    I didnt find "Humanism" yet in civic tree. I'm even very far from it.
    No special event happened on turn 81 where it grown obsolete in my game.

Puzzling to say the least.

edit: i also noticed that after changing citizens allocation, cities tooltips do not reflect new figures until you jump to next turn (for instance: remaining building/growth turns). (didnt notice this until today. Dont know if it was there before R&F)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Anyone having trouble getting alliances? Even though I wiped out the Japanese as the Mongols, I wasn't in contact with any civilizations at the time, and I don't think Japan was either (because I know they can learn about 3rd party information), I can't form a single alliance. I managed to get a friendship with Alexander, but he won't take anything for an alliance. I swear there's some hidden value that the AI knows you are a meanie.

edit: wait a minute. they still have the make alliance under the make a deal, but that seems to be the old alliance system and was never removed. That's what I was trying to do. It seems I can make a military alliance with Alexander. The old alliance mechanic under make a deal was never removed like it should have been (or does this do anything?)

8. Cywil

Cywil Chieftain

My Chinese trade route to Kongolese Mbamba has been frozen on its way when Mbamba went into free-city mode. I can't do anything but delete my trader. Anyone experienced the same?

9. miaasma

miaasma Prince

i somehow managed to get into a dark age from a golden age, having burned too many +era points in the previous era

how the mighty fall

luckily got a more isolated start so loyalty has not been a problem whatsoever

10. GKrause

GKrause Chieftain

Ugh, this was one of the most annoying issues with the base game that I hoped would get a fix

11. Brutus2

Brutus2 Prince

Well, I’m playing my first game on King so it may be different on higher difficulty but I have been friendly with every civ from the time I met them (aside from Mapuche who i eliminated in the Ancient Era) and as soon as alliances were available I got one of each type and have had no trouble maintaining them including my Zulu neighbor whom I have a very profitable Economic alliance with.

As for the diplomacy screen, you can make the alliance either way and the result is the same. You can use the new button after declaring friendship or go into the deal screen and select alliance then click on the drop down and select the type (same way research agreements used to work).

12. miaasma

miaasma Prince

one thing i have noticed that has been an issue since the game first launched is if the AI offers you a trade and you make adjustments to it, then switch the terms back to what the AI originally offered, they'll no longer accept it

Pietato and nzcamel like this.
  13. ShallowSeas

ShallowSeas Chieftain

The free promotion bonus from level 3 military alliances seems to affect newly upgraded units as well as newly built units. Its a better bonus than what I expected, though it does take a while to reach level 3.

Thormodr likes this.
  14. Cronos

Cronos Chieftain

Shaka took one of my cities!! Admitedly i forward settled on his continent and intentionally provoked him to see what would happen. But anyway my point is andmaybe its existing (as i havent really played much vanilla 6 or ever seen an ai capture a city before) but the turn he took my pop 1 city with no walls built suddenly became one with full health and a garriosn/wall strength of 59 and bombarded all my adjacent navy that had 0 chance to capture the city back. Is this a bug? How did my tiny little remote outpost become a coastal fortress of doom?

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I seem to have a bug, I deleted all mods and unsubscribed, and even deleted that mod file that people mentioned, but no one is building city walls. It makes my conquest with the Mongols far too easy. Granted I had a battering ram, so it wouldn't have mattered.

Anyone seeing the AI not build city walls? The city states have them, but from what I can see of the map so far Macedon, Brazil, and the one Australian city I can see doesn't have them.

whyidie likes this.
  16. teakbois

teakbois Prince

Founding a second city as Cree reminded me just how immature I still am

whylom, BenZL43, Ondolindë and 3 others like this.
  17. Infixo

Infixo Deity

18. Infixo

Infixo Deity

The AI however seems to not know how loyalty pressure works at all. I’ve seen Gandhi settle his city on the other side of the continent, among 3 Norwegian cities. Few turns later the city revolted and flopped to Norway. It didn’t even grew to 2 pop, was still at 1 pop...

19. rattatatouille

rattatatouille Warlord

How exactly?

Also nice ABWH reference.

20. King William I

King William I Prince

One thing I noticed, Sumeria us even more OP now