1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Small things you have noticed on playing

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Victoria, Feb 8, 2018.

1. NauticalStrike

NauticalStrike Chieftain

You can abuse it too, if you move a great general back into range of a move-depleted unit, it gains another movement point. Regardless of whether it has already benefited from the GG movement.

2. FedorWin

FedorWin Chieftain

I think the comma indicates that it's not "three thousand six hundred... Tourism", but rather "three point six... Tourism".

3. Animist7

Animist7 Chieftain

Not sure I like free cities essentially being barbarians that we're automatically at war with. What's the logic behind that? It's annoying to pressurise your neighbour's city into becoming a free city only for you to then defend your border until they flip to your civ. Couldn't they just be neutral cities? You could still declare war on them and take them over militarily but I don't get why we're automatically at war as soon as they're a free city and there's no way to make peace with them. They're not intended to be barbarians that hate everything; they're just seeking independence from their former civ.

4. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

The Grand Master's Chapel is amazing for warmongering if you don't found a religion. I'm making 116 faith per turn and a Malon Raider costs 425 faith. With all the faith I had saved up I now have an army with 5 Malon Raider corps and 4 Bombard corps. The AI had no chance :p

Edit: Also, Malon Raiders are amazing with the Raid policy card.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Good spot. Although I'm still not sure why the Dutch were triggering this. I can see that Sumeria would always be technically at war with the free cities, but regardless, his units weren't participating. Unless it was something happening in his territory. I'm going to load up my last save game and see if there are any free cities near him.

That's quite powerful. I may have to keep Gilgabro around in my games. And I have noticed free cities give full xp unlike barbarians (after level 1). My tank army was just getting a massive amount of experience. And do all your units get XP? This seems way powerful.

6. Jackanape

Jackanape Warlord

I noticed this, too, but it really only stood out once or twice...I thought maybe it was unique to my situation. Definitely needs to be addressed.

7. Ashandalar

Ashandalar Chieftain

Are the Dutch also allied with Gilgamesh?

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

No, I just checked. He's not at war with anyone, and there are no free cities anywhere near him. I'm clearly getting the XP bonuses from the Dutch action.

Funny when I clicked on Wilhemina, she hates everyone except me. Probably because they aren't sending her trade routes. Cranky old bat. She has denounced every single civ except me.

I also checked on my military alliance with India, it's only level 2, and he's not at war with anyone. Level 2 doesn't give shared XP or anything.

I could have conquered that free city, but I was waiting for it to flip to me naturally. I would have eventually got it, but the game ended before then (and someone neutralized my governor Amani as well).

If anyone is interested, my save file is in the Achievements thread under the file name Justice and Lasting Peace in post 198, just beware this will trigger the end game and may get you an unwanted achievement.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Seems like they could change her so that her negative only kicks in if you have possible trade routes in range.

10. Magil

Magil Monarch

~3 Tourism is way too low for a National Park though, it's supposed to be like the combined appeal of all the tiles?

nzcamel likes this.
  11. FedorWin

FedorWin Chieftain

Indeed. What does the appeal lense say?

12. Shorlin

Shorlin Warlord

I really hope this is unintended and gets fixed. Moving around armies with 1upt is painful enough already without this silliness.

13. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I've been noticing a lot of weird movement bugs in general (probably GG related). Units with movement points left unable to move, etc. It had better be patched.

14. Boyan_Sun

Boyan_Sun Warlord

There may be another small change in the conquest: If you already unlocked late units (swordsmen, knights), you still can build early units (warriors, chariots) when you have one strategy resource (iron). In vanilla I remember it only works when you have no strategy resources? Not sure.:confused:

WillowBrook likes this.
  15. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Yes, someone noted this earlier. I like the change.

16. Cywil

Cywil Chieftain

I tried to get a Major Historic Moment (+3 EraScore) - Splendid Commercial Hub Completed - for CH with a starting adjacency bonus of 4 Gold or higher and failed. The CH has been constructed in my capital where Reyna with Harbormaster promotion (double adjacency bonuses from CH and Harbor in the city) was active. The CH has +2 adjacency bonus: for two adjacent districts and for Government Plaza. Reyna doubled it up to 4 and exactly 4 is visible on the CH tile when completed. Apparently Reyna's bonus comes after completing and after checking requirements for historic moments - not before (as expected).

17. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Good to know, that's actually how I expected it would work. Not sure I've ever had a +4 CH, mind...

18. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

It looks like Scotland has a secret buff unless I missed something. I thought it was only +10% science and production for ecstatic? Not that I'm complaining :D

19. Magil

Magil Monarch

All Civs get 10% to most yields from Ecstatic. Scotland gets another +10% Science/Production on top of that.

nzcamel and ChocolateShake like this.
  20. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

Oh I forgot about that. That makes sense, thanks :)