[R&F] Small things you have noticed on playing

I tried to get a Major Historic Moment (+3 EraScore) - Splendid Commercial Hub Completed - for CH with a starting adjacency bonus of 4 Gold or higher and failed.
Just build a CH first next to your city then the harbour in a triangle. With 1 one resource it’s +4

One nice thing I noticed, I was at war with Alexander and he flipped my city-state over to his side. On the same turn, I flipped it back, and that gave me +3 era score.

It seems like the AI likes to neutralize governors a lot. I'm hoping stationing spies in the city center will counter that. Hopefully anyway.

yeah, mostly the whole spy system just annoys me.

It was annoying me until I got desperate to stop my buddy Gilgamesh from snatching victory from my grasp. He wanted to take off and go to Mars while I was trying to attract the world to my glorious wonders and exciting beaches. Each press of the end turn button got suddenly very tense. I was desperately waiting for results, then I got a notice that my spy could no longer be assigned to their current mission. I thought for sure it was game over, but I was somehow still in the game. Then I saw that his spaceport was pillaged :D There must have been a spy convention in town ;)

That didn't stop the AI from continually neutralizing Reyna though, costing me over 200 in tourism. That wasn't as pleasant :D

yeah, mostly the whole spy system just annoys me.

I find the AI tends to hit me in the bank account a LOT. It's their preferred target with my governors being secondary. I spent a lot of time protecting my culture assets but they never seemed to go after them.

That said, I had a blast trying for a culture victory and having Greece being a thorn in my side. I ended up sending every spy I could and launching a massive series of art heists. It was probably one of my favorite civ moments to date. Pericles eventually DOWd me but I had several alliances. It backfired on him.

I like the spy system, but it's hard to defend. I like to have 1 or 2 offensive spies, and the rest defensive. I used to just defend industrial zones, but they like to go for commercial hubs in cities with Great Zimbabwe a lot (as the Cree last game I saw 3 spies sitting on my commercial hub, I do like that Cree ability). And now how do I defend my industrial zone and against neutralize governor? I could put my industrial zone next to my city center, but often that's not a good idea.

the AI does seem to use "neutralize governor" a lot and it's pretty annoying. I feel like you shouldn't also lose the 5 turns to re-establish the governor in that situation...8 turns is enough of penalty

it does add an element to the sim city though. Getting your important districts in defensible clusters along with the city center is more important now

the one governor they neutualized wasn't doing anything except expanding borders (and I was on a different continent).

Apparently the goody huts were buffed... In some situations I got a double science/cultural boost.

okay, i keep noticing AI capitals starting like 7 tiles away from my own. is this just the new civ VI standard? i'm playing on large maps with low sea level and this still happens. it completely stifles any opportunity i have to expand without running into serious loyalty problems, since i'm playing on emperor and the AI begins with 2 settlers, so i'm automatically outnumbered early on. do i just say screw diplomacy and kill my neighbours? this feels like the game is unnecessarily railroading me into early war pretty much every game, and i don't think i like it

edit: i've taken to lowering the number of players from 10 to 8 just to avoid this extremely claustrophobic gameplay, but i don't like doing that since i play on larger maps in order to encounter more players. really wish this wasn't the case

It sure is disappointing when you miss dodging a Dark Age by one point...especially when the Georgian Empire has been in a Golden Age for 3300 years.

If only someone would have traded me enough gold to buy just ONE MORE SEWER. The screen got so depressingly dark...

Good thing is I saw the AI actually using a battering ram, it was even adjacent to a city! Bad thing is it was stacked on a great general with no melee units in sight.

Yes, someone noted this earlier. I like the change.

Doesn't this mean, though, that the optimum number of strategic resources is always one? Unless it's been changed in R&F, it's cheaper to build an early era unit and promote it to the current era, rather than hard building the modern unit. If you have access to more, wouldn't you be best off trading them away?

The only thing I've ever seen upgraded is a house, and based on that experience I'd say building from scratch is much cheaper than buying an old house and upgrading, so not quite sure why Civ 6 took the opposite approach :)

It sure is disappointing when you miss dodging a Dark Age by one point...especially when the Georgian Empire has been in a Golden Age for 3300 years.

If only someone would have traded me enough gold to buy just ONE MORE SEWER. The screen got so depressingly dark...

A Dark Age due to a lack of adequate sewage ... foul days indeed :lol:

Anyone else not been reprimanded for stealing artifacts from their allies ?

Had a cultural alliance with Persia for most of the game and I noticed he said nothing when I took artifacts from his land, I don't have the terracotta army. Is it a function of the alliance? It seems ridiculous he wouldn't care when he also Is going for culture win.

Top Bottom