[R&F] Small things you have noticed on playing

Mongol - When upgrading a unit trained in Ordu, the extra movement is lost. Not sure whether its a bug or just an oversight...

There is a Great Merchant-too lazy to check the name-which gives you market and bank in your Comercial district. Don't pop him up before building the market as it will not give the trade route...

First a dumb question - you def didn't have a Harbour/Lighthouse combo in that city? Otherwise that's a pain in the ass!

Ugh, guessing that's a bug, hopefully they'll fix it

And if not, have you reported it as a bug as WillowBrook suggests?

This might not be small, but I’ve found, again, that I truly enjoy this game. Anyone?

Aside from that, it takes strategy and mastery to direct your era points gaining activities so as not to unnecessarily waste them to achieve GA, but not hamper your game either. Last night, I managed not waste one era point for aGA and had eight in the first two turns after. Hopefully I’ll manage to get a second.

Anyone else getting a weird movement bug where your unit doesn't move where you click (right click)? It doesn't happen to me often, but just lost a unit because of it. I'm so mad at this game right now. I have no choice but to reload because the game cheats like this (I know it's a bug, not a cheat, but it still feels like the computer is cheating me). I don't often scream at my computer, but this is unacceptable for the computer to cheat in this way. The on screen display clearly showed my movement to bring my unit back into the city, yet he crossed the river and attacked a crosswbowman instead.

Anyone else getting a weird movement bug where your unit doesn't move where you click (right click)? It doesn't happen to me often, but just lost a unit because of it. I'm so mad at this game right now. I have no choice but to reload because the game cheats like this (I know it's a bug, not a cheat, but it still feels like the computer is cheating me). I don't often scream at my computer, but this is unacceptable for the computer to cheat in this way. The on screen display clearly showed my movement to bring my unit back into the city, yet he crossed the river and attacked a crosswbowman instead.

That exist since day one. The preview say you can get to a tile in one movement then something change along the way and you can't anymore. That's the only problem I have with Civ VI movement, the preview get less and less reliable as more factors come into play, so you need to be extra careful and avoid moving long distances in one click.

One of the two adds +25 vs nukes as their final promotion. The only other governor bonus that caught my eye was the settler bonus.

Yeah, I think you're thinking The Castellan:
+25 to anti-air defenses in the cities territory when defending against aircraft & ICBM's

Victor.PNG

I get a strange scrolling bug where the game will want to scroll in one direction if you move the mouse while it's jumping from one event to another.

It will keep scrolling in that direction unit you hit the 'next turn' button, at which point game will remind you that you still need to assign movements/commands to certain things.

I get a strange scrolling bug where the game will want to scroll in one direction if you move the mouse while it's jumping from one event to another.

It will keep scrolling in that direction unit you hit the 'next turn' button, at which point game will remind you that you still need to assign movements/commands to certain things.

I've had that a couple of times and it's annoying as hell. I think I've had to jump out of the game, and jump back in to stop it...?

I've had that a couple of times and it's annoying as hell. I think I've had to jump out of the game, and jump back in to stop it...?

Yeah that will fix it (i think) I usually just power through it.

Looks like Kongo can get the GPP from exodus of the evangelists...

Which presumably will grant them a GP they can never expend :(

the scroll bug has been triggering when I use the arrow keys on the keyboard. Hit them again to stop the infinite scroll. This is not a new bug but I don't remember if it was ever fixed or it reappeared.

That exist since day one. The preview say you can get to a tile in one movement then something change along the way and you can't anymore. That's the only problem I have with Civ VI movement, the preview get less and less reliable as more factors come into play, so you need to be extra careful and avoid moving long distances in one click.

I wasn't referring to long distance travel, which can get a bit wonky, especially now with great generals, but moving 1 single tile from adjacent to a city into a city. Sometimes I miss the days of using the number pad to move. I've seen it happen a couple of times on Quill18's recent games, and it may be associated with the new expansion.

2 out of 12 Civs where eliminated in my game. That's a record, I never saw more than one being eliminated and even that was rare. Norway is by far the most eliminated Civ in my games lol. Poor Harald, never luck... Mongolia is scary, btw. Both R&F games I played so far Mongolia eliminated a Civ through conquest.

Harald almost got eliminated in my current game as Korea. Mostly by French loyalty pressure. I think he only has 1 city. But he's hanging in there. Go Harald.

I suppose this could go here, though I don't think it's exclusive to R&F: did anyone else realize that antiquity sites count as districts for the purposes of special abilities (i.e.: Garrison)? I thought that was pretty cool.

Using Tamar, built enough troops to go after Poundmaker. Got Persia to joint war. Alexander likes the war. 3 turns later he surprise war declaration on me, takes my capital in 3 turns, as I had sent all my troops. He had 2 swordsman, 3 catapults, 2 horsemen, and a battering ram. Triggers an emergency, only i join, pull my forces back from Cree, he proceeds to wipe them out, then takes my last city. My first real loss (Lost a Game as Kongo, trying for a military victory, and a surviving opponent got a religious victory).

I don't think they can even claim it.

Ah yes, that would make sense as a failsafe. I was thinking otherwise they could go out and conquer a city with stonehenge built in it and found the religion.

Regardless they got beat to the GP by Greece spamming prayers and then I got the last one thanks to being Arabia, so there wont be any risk of a poor unemployed GP kicking about for 4000 years in this game :D

Top Bottom