Snofru's Space Maps

Another question. Is it possible for me to start a scenario with one of these maps, then go into the world builder tab and change it? Does this change the parameters or game play? Or anything else? I probably sound a little naive.
Short answer is yes, and if you only change the map in WB, you should be perfectly safe. For the other questions I need clarification. Why would you do it if you don't want to change the gameplay?

Short answer is yes, and if you only change the map in WB, you should be perfectly safe. For the other questions I need clarification. Why would you do it if you don't want to change the gameplay?

I guess I was thinking I could create a different map without having to start from scratch.

I guess I was thinking I could create a different map without having to start from scratch.
Yeah, that's possible, just use the worldbuilder save function to create a scenario file for the current map.
Afterwards you should open the scenario file and clean out a lot of junk data that could mess with any games started on it.
@raxo2222 can tell you more about that, I've never messed around with scenarios much, but raxo has.

Yeah, that's possible, just use the worldbuilder save function to create a scenario file for the current map.
Afterwards you should open the scenario file and clean out a lot of junk data that could mess with any games started on it.
@raxo2222 can tell you more about that, I've never messed around with scenarios much, but raxo has.

I'd like to play a scenario of my own design, but i don't have access to the space maps outside of the maps in the scenarios I've downloaded from here. I'm also not entirely sure how to use WorldBuilder. I've used it on rare occasion when I wanted to tweak a world that was created using one of the custom C2C maps included (mongoose, Arboria, etc). How do I use WorldBuilder without starting a new game? Can I use it independently? If so, how do I access WolrdBuilder? I've been playing these games for a long time, but I've never ventured too deeply into design.

According to this:

I did simple trick, that prevents starting game on outdated/incompatible scenarios.
Scenarios, that are in mod are updated.

So if you want to update your scenario look at first post - here is file with changed tags.
You have to change "Version=11" line in scenarios to make it loadable.

This doesn't affect ongoing games and generated maps.

I have updated the maps on post #1. I changed them to "Version=12", is that correct @raxo2222 ?

@raxo2222
I have reworked all my current spacemaps, have included the missing resources (including Manganese) and have already exchanged the TERRAIN_SPACE to TERRAIN_CISLUNAR_SPACE for the forthcoming SVN (when will it come?).
I didn't test these versions yet as I can't because I am not using Github, will do so, when the changes are in the SVN. If you like I can upload these maps here so you can include them to SVN, but as I said I haven't tested them yet (there are also 2 maps I have included here a while ago but are not in SVN yet).

Apart from that I am currently working on new spacemaps:
They contain Large maps from the World mapscript with 108x72 tiles which I think is better than the old "Standard" format that had 124x55 and looks a little bit "stretched". I had to adjust the space part of the map somewhat but in the end the total map size is even smaller (108x200 compared to 124x200).

So stay tuned!

@Snofru1 latest SVN has tweaks to resource generation on maps

Space was renamed to Cislunar Space internally in all scenarios in SVN.
But I didn't put manganese on those maps.

I have added 5 new large spacemaps to the 1st posting! Starting from the standard sized maps I have reduced the space area both in x and y-direction somewhat so that the large sized maps from Toffer's World mapscript fit in.
Here the comparison:
Large map: 108x200 (21.600 tiles), earth part 108x72 (7776 tiles)
"Standard" map: 124x200 (24.800 tiles), earth part 124x55 (6820 tiles)

Now the earth part has the standard aspect ratio of 3:2 which I feel more comfortable with.

In addition all the older maps have been adjusted to current SVN (11143 or later), and I have also manually added some resources that have been missing in all maps (thanks Raxo for the hint).

I have also added the minimaps of the new maps in a Spoiler.

Last edited:
@raxo2222

I would also like to update the maps that come with SVN as they now include all the resources. In addition I think we can take out the Standard Spacemaps as I think there shouldn't be too many of my maps in the PrivateMaps folder. If someone wants to use the older maps then he/she can still download from here.
My suggestion would be to include the 5 Duel and the 5 Large Spacemaps in the SVN version. What would you say?
If you agree then you can download the files directly from the 1st post here and add them in Github.

You can create github account to make fork

Also there isn't such thing as "too many space maps", as those can't be generated lol

Last edited:
I'd prefer if you or someone else who has access could add the maps...

I somehow thought that it wasn't right if my maps fill up 80 or 90% of that folder. The important work that others have done could be somehow hidden. But well..
You maps have understore, so they just create solid group when viewing them in custom (and other similar one) scenario screen.
Also there is scrollbar, so maps won't get hidden.

Those earth only maps are pretty outdated anyway.

Last edited:
Will the "Rescaled Latitude Limits for Large Solar System map" mod work with new height in new large maps?

Will the "Rescaled Latitude Limits for Large Solar System map" mod work with new height in new large maps?
If height proportions are same, then it would work

Large maps: 108 x 200 (earth is 108 x 74, 7992 tiles)
Standard maps: 124 x 200 (earth is 124 x 58, 7192 tiles)

Looks like Large Maps have tradeoff of space area against Earth area.

Total sizes of all existing spacemaps:
Spoiler :

Duel World.CivBeyondSwordWBSave 300x40 -> 12 000 tiles
ItSmallWorld 280x40 -> 11 200 tiles

Duel_Alternate_System_v5 60x143 -> 8580 tiles
_Snofru_Duel06_V2 60x147
_Snofru_Duel07_V2 60x147
_Snofru_Duel08_V2 60x147
_Snofru_Duel09_V2 60x147
_Snofru_Duel11_V3 60x122 -> 7320 tiles

_Snofru_Large01_V1 108x200 -> 21 600 tiles
_Snofru_Large02_V1 108x200
_Snofru_Large03_V1 108x200
_Snofru_Large04_V1 108x200
_Snofru_Large05_V1 108x200

Standard_Solar_System_v10 124x200 -> 24 800 tiles
_Snofru_Standard01_V7 124x200
_Snofru_Standard02_V5 124x200
_Snofru_Standard03_V4 124x200
_Snofru_Standard04_V4 124x200
_Snofru_Standard05_V4 124x200
_Snofru_Standard06_V4 124x200
_Snofru_Standard07_V4 124x200
_Snofru_Standard08_V4 124x200
_Snofru_Standard09_V4 124x200
_Snofru_Standard10_V4 124x200
_Snofru_Standard11_V3 124x200

Last edited:

Excellent question! I think, yes, as there was a ratio of 56 to 200 with the maps the Rescaled Latitude Modmod was made for to now 72 to 200. I haven't thought about this detail, but only @raxo2222 can say for sure...

BTW, the correct numbers for the earth part is 56x124 (standard) and 72x108 (large). The numbers from Raxo which have 2 more rows stem from the 2 rows of mountains that are needed as a frontier to space and should play no role here.

Top Bottom