1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Snofru's Space Maps

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Snofru1, Dec 11, 2018.

1. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Start in Information era or give yourself Satellites tech in worldbuilder.

Alternatively you can enable cheats in vanilla ini
    cheatcode = chipotle
    Then press ctrl+z

Snofru1 likes this.
  2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Even without the chipotle cheat code you can reveal the whole map by:

Ctrl+Shift+Alt+D followed by Shift+Z​

Snofru1 likes this.
  3. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Thank you guys! Interestingly only a combination of your suggestions lead to the right result. If I unveil the map by chipotle or Ctrl+Shift+Alt+D followed by Ctrl (not Shift)+Z the military advisor shows only part of the map (in the main view the minimap is complete). But going 1st into Worldbuilder, giving myself satellites, then unveiling the fog of war by ctrlZ gives the full minimap in the military advisor.

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

No it is definitely Shift+Z, I set it to be Shift+Z to differentiate it from the chipotle hotkey Ctrl+Z; but maybe it doesn't work when you have the chipotle cheat code.

Edit: Wait, I think you do need satellite tech to center the map as the military advisor zoom in on the actually explored area no matter what.
    The actual minimap zooms out when using those reveal map hotkeys though, so i might be able to modify the military advisor screen to do the same.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  5. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

The savebreaking update from March 18 2020 (SVN 11132 v.40.1.1846) means that all the maps that currently are in post #1 cannot be played with current SVN versions - is this true, @raxo2222 @Toffer90 ?
    It seems that all the space maps that are inside the PrivateMaps folder have been changed to be playable, thank you for that!
    That also means that I have to mark the maps that can be downloaded here that they can't be used with current SVN versions and I need to produce a new version of the Duel Map No.10 as this one hasn't been included in C2C yet.
    And I also need to rework my template files which I use to make new Spacemaps...

@raxo2222 : Are Rescaled / No Latitude Limit ModMods still up to date?

6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Yes, all scenarios on forums are broken in SVN 111132.

Also all modmods are beyond broken including my no/rescaled latitude modmods.

Snofru1 likes this.
  7. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

The 1st post has been updated. You can now download separately the spacemaps that work with the C2C versions from before and after the savebreaking changes (SVN 11132 v. 40.1.1846). Most of them come with C2C anyway (Standard 1 to 10 and Duel 6 to 9) so it is not necessary to download from here. I have included them anyway to have all of them in one place.

I have also made a new Duel spacemap (No.11) and a new Standard spacemap (also No.11) which both include the newest changes in the World mapscript, e.g. Manganese as a land resource and the possiblity to have 125% mountains or resources. Both maps are only available for current SVN and are not yet included in the SVN download.

8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Manganese was simply removed from those scenarios.

I didn't place it on land tiles.

9. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

I know. But the newest spacemaps (which I made from scratch) do have Manganese as it is placed on land by the current "World" mapscript.

10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Ah so only those two are with manganese.

11. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

12. lelmar888

lelmar888 Chieftain

Hi. I'm really confused. I've downloaded all of the maps, but i can't find them when I try to play a custom game. I can only find them when I play a scenario. I'd rather play these maps as a custom game. When I scroll through the map options in custom game I only see the C2C maps and not the private maps that you've created. When I look at the file types, your maps have a different file type associated with them (World builder vs PY). I'm sorry if I don't understand, but I'm merely a player not a modder. Thanks.

BTW- I just downloaded the most current version of C2C, and I'm able to play these maps as a scenario. Just not as a custom game (because the maps aren't listed there).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  13. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

WorldBuilder is scenario, py is mapscript.

You have to place them in Caveman2Cosmos\PrivateMaps
    That is not in vanilla, or my documents, but in mod folder.

14. lelmar888

lelmar888 Chieftain

I've placed the maps in the private folder. I can play a scenario or a custom scenario, but I cant play a custom game with a random map that includes the space sections. I like being able to play with a completely randomly generated map. I guess I'm asking for something that doesn't exist, because these maps are just that.....maps. I want to play a custom game with a random map that includes the space sections.

15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

We don't have mapscripts, that generate scenarios.

16. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

There are no random space maps. No-one knows how to have a mapscript generate a map which still has all the necessary space/offworld regions.

17. lelmar888

lelmar888 Chieftain

OK. Thanks.

18. lelmar888

lelmar888 Chieftain

OK. Thanks.

19. lelmar888

lelmar888 Chieftain

Another question. Is it possible for me to start a scenario with one of these maps, then go into the world builder tab and change it? Does this change the parameters or game play? Or anything else? I probably sound a little naive.

20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

You can change terrains, features and resources in WB.
    You can move units or add few civs too.