So We Just Ordered Dominoes....

Zardnaar

Deity
Wife has been on the wine and I may have had some Russian beer.

Not in much shape for cooking.

We ordered Dominoes, haven't had it for years. The two pizzas.

Mega Pepperoni with cheesy crust.

Mr Wedge with pepperoni..

2 side. Cheesy garlic scrolls.

Now Dominoes has a reputation of not being very good. Bets?

Wife has been on the wine and I may have had some Russian beer.

Not in much shape for cooking.

We ordered Dominoes, haven't had it for years. The two pizzas.

Mega Pepperoni with cheesy crust.

Mr Wedge with pepperoni..

2 side. Cheesy garlic scrolls.

Now Dominoes has a reputation of not being very good. Bets?
I gave up on them after their website stopped playing nicely with my browser. I ordered pizza tonight (pepperoni, tomatoes, black olives) from Family Pizza. I had a 20% discount code and decided to use it.

Comparing this pizza to ordering the same combination from Dominos... I prefer Dominos. The pasta at Family Pizza is really good, though, and their garlic toast is the best of all the places I've tried.

Well arrived and consumed. 9 minutes from store to our place, was very quick with cook time.

It was very hot. Couldn't have done much better picking up.

The cheesy garlic scrolls things were amazing.

Spoiler Yum :
IMG_20200802_180700.jpg

The pizzzas.

Spoiler Yum pt 2 :
IMG_20200802_180654.jpg

Cold winter night enjoyed everything. Greasy compared to Pizza Hutt.

For what it was no complaints. Paid more had worse.
9.5/10 scrolls, 8/10 mega Pepperoni, 7.5/10 for the Mr. Wedge. Speed probably 10/10.

Last edited:
The cheesy garlic scrolls things were amazing.
They're called garlic knots, at least here. I tried them once. They weren't bad. I prefer garlic toast.

Dominos is the only pizza chain in town. We used to have Pizza Hutt, though I generally have pizza from your regular mom and pop pizza shop.

There are so many independent pizza places here I dunno how Dominoes stays in business. Pizza Hut folded in town.

I've had more takeaways this year that I would like to admit. And that in itself is admitting something, so just extrapolate from there :D

I've gotten into supporting more local restaurants (especially ones that pivoted to takeaway during lockdown), there are some fantastic places I never would've found otherwise (that I plan on visiting in person at some point). Unfortunately we recently moved (the move is good!), and we get a lot less places delivering now (we're a bit more out in the sticks).

I like it, it's expensive but you can get 2 pizzas for the price of one on tuesdays so that helps. however, I generally prefer to eat pizza from local places

there's a pizza hut in copacabana but I've never been since it's absurdly expensive, even outright gourmet restaurants are cheaper

Pizzas from local places here are bougie and awful, so the chains are the best for traditional expectations. And even then, Panago and Fresh Slice kind of suck (or at least, have every single time I've tried them). Pizza Hut is alright but inconvenient to order online. That leaves Domino's. It's a'ight. Haven't ordered it in many months, though, so maybe the pandemic crippled its quality.

There's a by-the-slice place by me. The pizzas they make for those are great. But then whenever I order an actual pizza from them, they're garbage. I don't get it.

Care to expand on what you don't like about them?

$35 for a large pizza, white sauce, kale as a topping. Things like that.

Here's the ingredient list for a pizza from one of Vancouver's "best pizza places": Cashew Mozzarella, Herbed Potato Cream, Truffle Almond Ricotta, Wild Mushrooms, Arugula

Horrifying. Just give me thick crust, lots of mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, and any assortment of pepperoni, chicken, bacon, ham, or pineapple.

Here's the ingredient list for a pizza from one of Vancouver's "best pizza places": Cashew Mozzarella, Herbed Potato Cream, Truffle Almond Ricotta, Wild Mushrooms, Arugula

:yuck:

there's a lot of out-there toppings here but they're never anything like that and there's always more conventional toppings available

I was talking about this on the phone the other day. Restaurants also don’t like to put $$ on the menus too.

Baked Whitefish Salad with Coconut Milk, Squash, and Chestnuts 48

Top Bottom