• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

So what will be "left behind" when the rapture happens?

Seriously if i get locked up in a cave for a month i could write a better book than Ioannis.

No, I don't think it is bunk at all.

Why? I'm genuinely curious since your the only intelligent person I've ever met (err, internet or real life) who believes in the rapture. All the others were stupid highschool kids who I can't really ask an introspective question like that and expect a clear answer.

If Martin Luther, John Calvin, and Thomas Jefferson reject it...it would make me think twice as a believer. I am not saying you have not thought twice though :p

I reject it for the same reason I reject Calvinism. It smells of archaic elitism, not to mention the shakiness of the piece of literature itself. I also hate that it's partially fueling this stupid religious conservative takeover of the right and the Republican Party in the US...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=73&chapter=1&version=9

"
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw."

Obscurantist piffle.

Answer this: which one is correct... A) The (ever consistent) laws of the universe are radically altered, or B) Bible is just a collection of bronze and iron age obscurantism made up by some stupid charlatans who played with stupified peasants. Option B is the most plausable, don't you think?

Will all the non-human stuff disappear too. So the water that makes up the human body, all the bacteria inside them, etcetera.

That would be a mistake. I was flippant and silly with my response, having the smiley and all, but rest assured I believe in the rapture, the tribulation of those left, the breaking of the seals, the devastation that will be loosed upon the world (Including one of CFC's very owl...Abaddon!!), and so forth.

The Anti-Christ WILL rise, and all the was foretold will take place.

You're kidding, right? You know Orthodox christians don't even include Revelations in their bible it's so dodgy, and that's to say nothing of the fact that only a tiny minority of people interpret it the way the premilenial dispensationists do.

Will all the non-human stuff disappear too. So the water that makes up the human body, all the bacteria inside them, etcetera.
I assume if the body disappears, then that would include the water in it, as well as the bacteria that help the body live. But the books had the clothes stay behind....so I hope Jesus has a lot of robes ready. :king:

You're kidding, right? You know Orthodox christians don't even include Revelations in their bible it's so dodgy, and that's to say nothing of the fact that only a tiny minority of people interpret it the way the premilenial dispensationists do.

Correct. ....

I'm pretty sure that there will be no Raptures while there are Tauruses.

I was raised to believe in the Rapture, but I lost the faith that it would happen in my lifetime as a teen. Well before I no longer believe the Bible to be a source of divine inspiration.

I believe the end of the world will not happen in my lifetime because if the world ended i would certainly not be alive. As for rapture neither I nor someone i know who is not insane , including Christians who let's face it believe in crazy staff , believe in it.

First, I only found out what the rapture was about 5 seconds ago, so bear with me here.

Second, the answer: Well, if everyone who accepted Jesus as the son of God and savior (sp?) of man goes to heaven, who'll be left? Animals and people destined to burn in hell/get bored in purgatory, right? HELL ON EARTH 2010 ANYBODY?!

In the summer of 2006 Israel invaded Lebanon and for the months of July and August christian websites were all atwitter with expectation of the Rapture. The war events were matched to Bible passages and posters were in full rapture mode planning for their expected departure and how to prepare those left behind for the event. It was quite a frenzy. By September it died away.

http://www.raptureforums.com/RaptureDashboard/dashboard.cfm

It saddens me how many people are fooled by such absolutely comically pathetic fairy tales. No one's going to yank you into heaven.

A little rational thinking is much more satisfying than the charms of superstition.

Seventh-Day Adventists still waiting for there rapture since 1856

Top Bottom