Solver's unofficial BtS 3.17 patch

This patch requires the 3.17 patch already be installed. The official 3.17 patch, however, doesn't require this patch.

is there any way i can uninstall the solver patch without uninstalling civ4 and the expansion packs?

If you installed it in CustomAssets, then simply rename or delete your CustomAssets directory.

If you installed it in your game directory (which is a bad idea most of the time) and didn't backup the files it changes (which is always a bad idea), then the original files are gone. In that case, you might be able to roll back to the official 3.17 patch by manually reinstalling this patch, but reinstalling BtS is safer.

Simply overwrite the solver dll with the original one ( you saved it,right ? ;) )

@Solver

I've been noticing a issue on the BtS UN votes since it's releasal that IMHO looks to be a little worse with 3.17: the fact that the AI call the same votes time after time , even if the votes are passed or if they had been repeatedly defied by a large group of civs.Can you give it a look? Seeing the AI calling 10 times a FR vote after it is being endorsed ( by them, most of the times ) is boring.....

Out of curiosity, does installing the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file in the CustomAssets directory work? I know it works for the XML files, but IIRC I tried CvGameCoreDLL.dll (with Bhruic's patch) in CustomAssets and it didn't seem to work.

Out of curiosity, does installing the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file in the CustomAssets directory work? I know it works for the XML files, but IIRC I tried CvGameCoreDLL.dll (with Bhruic's patch) in CustomAssets and it didn't seem to work.

No it doesn't, Firaxis changed that in an earlier patch. It will work if you put it into your Mods folder and load it as mod though.

if installer application has uninstall feature you might always install solver patch on already solvered bts and uninstall it using this application

No it doesn't, Firaxis changed that in an earlier patch. It will work if you put it into your Mods folder and load it as mod though.

Yeah, I know it works as a mod, but then aren't you locked into the same version of the patch for the entire game?

Or can you change the contents of a mod mid-way through a game?

Yeah, I know it works as a mod, but then aren't you locked into the same version of the patch for the entire game?

Or can you change the contents of a mod mid-way through a game?

You should be able to update the mod as long as you do not check "Lock Modified Assets". You will need to use the mod to play that saved game, but you can change the mod's files.

In one of his later versions, Bhruic had fixed the stack attack/bombard interface bug where the rest of the stack would skip it's turn after one of the members of the stack had used up it's moves. Any chance we could get that back in the patch?

Thanks Solver and Bhruic!

In one of his later versions, Bhruic had fixed the stack attack/bombard interface bug where the rest of the stack would skip it's turn after one of the members of the stack had used up it's moves. Any chance we could get that back in the patch?

Thanks Solver and Bhruic!

I'm playing vanilla 3.17, and I think Firaxis already fixed that. I'm not having any problems with it, anyway.

How hard would it be to add information to the tile mouseover that displayed how events have modified a tile. For example, when in iron mine gets +2 commerce from the Jade event it would be nice if the mouseover for the tile would say something like (Jade +2 :commerce: ).

How hard would it be to add information to the tile mouseover that displayed how events have modified a tile. For example, when in iron mine gets +2 commerce from the Jade event it would be nice if the mouseover for the tile would say something like (Jade +2 :commerce: ).

My understanding from the C++ code is that only the fact that the tile has +2 :commerce: is stored -- not the event that caused it. Adding this information would require altering the save file format to avoid using the script data field, which might be used by mods. This means breaking saved game compatibility.

I just put a sign (Alt-S) there (e.g., "Jade +2g"), for events of note. Just as I put an "8" sign to designate my airports or reminders of where troops are being sent via a rally point.

Hey thanks for the good work Solver.

Theres also something with the AI thats really been bugging me lately. I dont think its a bug but maybe something for the better AI team to look at. The AI is no doubt alot better at seaborne invasions than in previous games, however, when it invades small islands it leaves it stack there. Basically, they can build up an aggressive stack and land it, but after theyve captured all the cities on the island they leave the stack there, and often you find one city islands with large numbers of troops that are useless, either costing maintenance or could be better used elsewhere.

It seems the AI knows how to land troops, but not how to pick them up afterwards, and so it sucks at island-hopping. Hopefully someone can have a look at it.

Thanks for all the good work!

I feel a bit n00bish but in my excitement last night in installing the patch I think I may have buggered something up. I replaced the .dll file as usual but since I noticed there were other files .xml etc. I also replaced the files in my installation directory with Solver's. I have only used Bhruic's patch before which only had the .dll so I figured I must need these as well. I fired up a game and it seemed fine.

Do you guys think this may have buggered anything up?

Do you guys think this may have buggered anything up?

Solver made very few changes to the files he edited, there shouldn't be any incompatibilities. I don't think any game or mod dpeneds on something in the passages that Solver changed.

I'm not sure about multiplayer - when you start a multiplayer game, Civ checks that you haven't "manipulated" your game files, so the changed XML files might register as a manipulation.

Also, I think you won't be able to load savegames which were saved with the "unpatched" setup and had the "lock assets" option activated, but again I'm not certain. I don't play multiplayer and don't use locked assets, but perhaps someone who does can clarifiy.

Top Bottom