Sons of Mars II

Tnx, two more questions will there be a claims thread or will we have to claim in red bold, and can I start roleplaying

You're free to start roleplaying, of course.

I've never liked separate claims threads; they seem as unnecessary, at least to me since I have a lot of time to skim a thread.

That said, if one makes sure to make their claims more distinctive through red bold or some such, it will be appreciated.

The Foundations of the Kingdom​

In the valley of the Bosnia River a small group of people known as the Bosnians started developing into a sophisticated nation. The small tribe built a settlement on the banks of lower Bosnia, the settlement was built on top of a pyramid shaped hill and the settlement was named Visoki (the high place). The tribe dominated the local land and soon became rich by controlling the Silver and Copper mines. The small tribe quickly developed into a city state, ti numbered thousands of people, men and woman living in this place. The city controlled the Bosnia river and Croatian coast but a new threat from the east was appearing, an aggressive tribe of Serbs poured over the Drina river, the three old council representatives died soon after the invasion and a strong, young and rich noble took over power. His name was Nedim I, he with his famous Spear charged the enemy at the battle of Hodidjed and with lions strength and dragons rage defeated the enemy. The tribe of Serbs and the allied Wallachian tribe started to migrate east, but our king vowed on the goal to completely destroyed them, pursued them to the Black coast where they were decimated. Our Heroic king returned to the Bosnian lands and the city grew rich and big on the spoils of war

So, you've differentiated between Bronze Age and Copper Age (late Neolithic), but rolled Classical, Dark Ages and Middle Ages all into one? I assume that Renaissance is 15th/16th Century, Imperial is 17th/18th and Industrial is 19th Century?

Sod it. I'm joining.

Principality of Richard

Capital: Pretty, Pretty Unicorn (it's pink!)
Government: Principality... duh.
Immortal Prince: Richard the Warlock
National Strengths: Militaristic, Expansionist
Free Units: 7 armies, 3 navies
National Focus: Civics

History: Richard dropped out of his plane of existence (along with his citizens) on top of a village off the Black Sea. They enslaved everyone because Richard felt oddly merciful that day. They renamed the village after Richard's old one, Pretty, Pretty Unicorn, and then began to expand into neighboring regions from their new village. Most of Turkey was taken by Richard, his undead horde, and the random human mooks they recruited, as well as Cyprus. The Crimeans then surrendered to Richard, for fear of invasion (they are now his *****).

Since Nedim asked, I suppose a rough outline:

Tech Level 1 - 5: Copper/Bronze/Iron

Tech Level 6 - 10: Classical

Tech Level 11 - 15: Dark Ages

Tech Level 16 - 20: Renaissance

Tech Level 21 - 30: Imperial

Tech Level 31 - 40: Industrial

Tech Level 41 - 50: WWI

Tech Level 51 - 60: WWII

Tech Level 61 - 70: Modern

Tech Level 71 - 75: Digital / Future

Lovingly ripped from Empire Earth.

And here I was going to use A New Dawn as a basis for my tech! :lol:

@AA

Uh....huh. :lol:

Since Nedim asked, I suppose a rough outline:

Tech Level 1 - 5: Copper/Bronze/Iron

Tech Level 6 - 10: Classical

Tech Level 11 - 15: Dark Ages

Tech Level 16 - 20: Renaissance

Tech Level 21 - 30: Imperial

Tech Level 31 - 40: Industrial

Tech Level 41 - 50: WWI

Tech Level 51 - 60: WWII

Tech Level 61 - 70: Modern

Tech Level 71 - 75: Digital / Future

Lovingly ripped from Empire Earth.

Just took a second look. Shouldn't WW1 and Industrial be rolled into one and a period be put between the end of WW2 and end of the Cold War?

WWI would be more like tech 59-60.

Army 15 (and Tech Lvl. ~45, therefore) enables airforces, so that's where I got the number.

Let everybody have his own idea of tech since it is meaningless. :p

I always come a bit late.

Greater Republic of Kenya
Government: Republic
National Strengths: Expanionist, Commercial
Free Units: 9 Troops, 1 Navy
National Focus: Economy

Attachments

• kenyanrepublic.png
    kenyanrepublic.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 173
Well, it's not power or metagaming, so it works fine by me. :p

Well they are connected to a sea province, let Fox decide and what are Belgiums plans of expansion in Europe

My plans for Europe we're originally going to be exclusive to the one province, those I drop the one province (but still call dibs on it) and start entirely in Africa instead.

Another point is that the technological loss of the Religious Casus Belli should probably be linked to Civics- many modern Islamic nations still accept the idea of a religious war, after all.

I am amazed this became so popular so quick! I am very pleased.

Of course, that's how all my games are; the players drop like flies quick. ;)

Ahem. Judging from what I can see, Europe will become a superpower very quickly due to crowding. I'll need to put NPCs elsewhere to give the more isolated players a fighting chance.

Of course, if you want a challenge, feel free to let me know.

@ Neverwon: That enables people to avoid that tech branch entirely and thus keep it for a much longer duration. But if it goes obsolete come say, the Enlightenment or so, then the strength wanes in importance.

Alright- it's historically innacurate, but I can accept it for meta-purposes.

Another point is that the technological loss of the Religious Casus Belli should probably be linked to Civics- many modern Islamic nations still accept the idea of a religious war, after all.

Alright- it's historically innacurate, but I can accept it for meta-purposes.

Define "many Islamic nations" because very few do what you say they do.

Top Bottom