Sons of Mars II

for the record, we don't care of knuckles was evil or not. we embrace the evil morality, but we know to be nice on occasion.

The Auroran Caliphate has deliberated, and has come to a decision. The provinces in purple will be returned to the Salt Empire if they sign peace now. We have even given them a southern coastal province so as to not disrupt their trading networks.

Fair enough

The NCR does not care if Knuckles is offended, his reputation overshadows his so called efforts at being "nice".

(Translation: We don't buy his so called change of heart, nor his change of name)

"Nor should you be so trusting... trust and respect are earned, not given or taken. I wouldn't trust me either after the horrors I have inflicted."

for the record, we don't care of knuckles was evil or not. we embrace the evil morality, but we know to be nice on occasion.

...The Guardian makes note of this, but assures everyone they have nothing to fear so long as they behave and respect the sovereignity of all remaining nations.

---

Knuckles, meanwhile, has just signed a bill that will give 200+ gold to Srivijaya.

It took so long because his massive hands make it hard to use pens.

Pacific War

Knuckles makes good on his threat; he sends 202 gold to Srivijaya, while also helping them beef their army tech to 25. Centaurium's days of disturbing the peace are numbered.

Srivijaya and Haven sign an alliance afterward...

Centaurium puts all its money down on seizing the Phillippines!

Japan and Srivijaya both enjoy +1 on the Japanese. While the Centaurians recruit 17 armies, the Japanese summon up 20 and have more money as needed...

Let the battle commence! TO-KEE-OOOO!!

4 5
5 18
16 18
18 17
24 21
18 21
16 9
2 3
15 13
15 19
10 22
22 2
22 10
22 19
22 18
18 13
15 11
18 25
4 20
2 1
15 21
5 10
19 8
15 10
11 8

12-13.

First the Japanese summon a fleet to get rid of the Centaurian navy blocking the straits to the Southern Phillies.

3 16
15 9

Every Centaurian fleet descends upon the Japanese!

22 23
8 6
4 18
13 22
2 8
7 5
2 18
12 9
1 18
18 1

4-6! The Japanese fleet is destroyed... for now. 10 Japanese ships are soon en route.

24 4
3 23
24 1
17 17
18 12

6 armies on the islands are sent after the Centaurians...

16 25
9 13
1 6
12 2
23 6
20 11

13 Japanese forces counterattack!

2 24
19 20
22 21
17 16
5 10
23 25
12 15
4 1
22 24
8 20
23 18
21 17
2 22

3-10. Ouch.

Japan vows to use as many troops as needed to claim the Phillippines!

3 3
23 17
7 2
8 14
15 20
19 1
12 13
10 22
24 4
1 17

5-5

16 21
5 20
4 15
6 25
19 16

Japan spends 75 gold to destroy the last Centaurian garrison in the area.

5 2

Srivijaya lands forces on Java!

9 11
24 19

21 12

18 21

23 12

24 16

7 18
1 23
21 6

Centaurian Indonesia collapses.

20 9

A small island off the coast of Australia is captured. As such, the Srivijayan forces can now strike Australia itself.

Srivijaya orders its troops to destroy two Centaurian forces, which will enable an overrun of the entire continent.

25 23
13 6

With 9 of Australia's lands seized, the Centaurians are in deep, but order an offensive.

19 Centaurian forces march!

1 10
5 18
10 12
16 14
5 21
20 13
24 6
22 3
23 23
1 23
25 9
7 16
3 23
21 16
15 11
2 16
16 5
12 14
25 3

9-10. All provinces but one are retaken.

And from there, enough troops are raised to take 10 provinces free of a fight.

16 23
4 11
21 16
25 9

Haven gives more resources to assist the conquest of the Solomon Islands.

16 11

THe Solomons are Indonesian!

Knuckles makes sure to hurt his own CIvics tech to boost Indonesia's.

Japan sends a force to capture New Caledonia, and from that base, moves can be made to acquire the rest of Australia.

21 3

Japan seizes NC!

23 8

A beachhead is established on Centaurium's soil. From there, 13 forces are assembled and sent to take Australia over.

15 17
19 1
1 23
9 5
1 18
23 1
21 18
16 23
1 15
16 1
17 20
9 8
20 16

7-6.

Centaurium sets up an emergency government in Tasmania, now governing SIX territories.

Knuckles refuses to mediate; he believes Centaurium is reaping what it had sewn by refusing peace earlier.

Unfortunately, that isn't the end.

The Kiwi sponsor the Indonesians in exchange for some territory at a rate of 6 gold per territory.

23 14
9 2
19 24
17 9

24 gold is forked over to Indonesia, but Tasmania becomes Kiwi property.

14 10

The last Australian territory is taken.

With its newly-engorged treasury, the Indonesians attack!

4 19

FFF!

The Kiwi fork over 5 gold, however, as thanks.

15 11

It becomes apparent that Haven possesses 4 gold and the Indonesians 1.

Loaded up with one unit, a navy uses up all its moves to attack the final Centaurian province.

17 8

Centaurium is destroyed!

Japan, Kiwi, and Indonesia have conquered the Centaurians with Knuckles the Echidna's aid. The war sends a clear message to the world: Knuckles' massive treasury will finance any defensive side from this point on.

I'll just make tech go 45% to Japan and Indonesia with 10% to Kiwi since it'd be a pain in the ass to count it all up.

Looks like Centaurium wasn't the peace-loving nation we expected them to be.

Would Haven consider an alliance with the Olafic Republic? Our days of conquest also seem to be over, and a new era of peace and technology is dawning. We would be honoured to have Haven at our side in this venture.

Haven accepts any and all alliance offers, having guaranteed everyone possible and promising financial support to those it could not.

Haven's Foreign Affairs Department has published a list of global economic strength:

Olafic Republic - 182
Habsburgs - 224
Island Confederacy - 143.5

S. Africa - 106.5
Kongo - 105
Kenya - 156

Spain - 286.875
NCR - 136.5
Echidna Empire - 286.875

Salt Empire - 109.5
Indonesia - 271.5
Haven - 451.875

Kalmar - 225.875
Japan - 395.625
United Empire - 86.8

Liberia - 127.4
Madagascar - 52.5
Kiwi - 58.8
Darfur - 34.8

GUN has been formed with Srivijaya, Haven, and Olafia as its founding states.

The alliance is made of interconnecting defensive pacts and trade agreements. Haven itself has opened trade with all nations on Earth to enrich all.

The alliance's defensive nature keeps wars of aggression from being waged by it, and Knuckles promises that any alliance members who engage in WoA's will find themselves suspended and being pummeled by his resources.

The name of the alliance is a homage to the Guardian Units of Nations, the global defensive alliance that had protected Mobius... until Knuckles himself singlehandedly destroyed it.

===

We can haz Epilogue tiemz? Knuckles' reach into other parts of the globe, combined with a 1000+ per turn income behind any defensive effort, makes war rather impossible. And war being what has defined the game pretty much...

The NCR would like in with the alliance as well.

GUN has been formed with Srivijaya, Haven, and Olafia as its founding states.

The alliance is made of interconnecting defensive pacts and trade agreements. Haven itself has opened trade with all nations on Earth to enrich all.

The alliance's defensive nature keeps wars of aggression from being waged by it, and Knuckles promises that any alliance members who engage in WoA's will find themselves suspended and being pummeled by his resources.

The name of the alliance is a homage to the Guardian Units of Nations, the global defensive alliance that had protected Mobius... until Knuckles himself singlehandedly destroyed it.

===

We can haz Epilogue tiemz? Knuckles' reach into other parts of the globe, combined with a 1000+ per turn income behind any defensive effort, makes war rather impossible. And war being what has defined the game pretty much...

i suppose the game has to end. but next game, can you please make it last? :( i miss the 70+ turns of IOT2.

we say this to the president of the NCR: good job ending the cold war.

We have:

-CivGeneral
-Mathalamus
-Aiolos
-Bsmith
-Arakhor
-Olaf

Math is in favor of an epilogue now that things have started to go cold - with the supervillain no longer rearing his ugly head and now backing anybody against their foes, it is kind of hard to really do anything. Many states are nearing the 70s in tech.

some twit can probably gather up a dew allies, and then declare war on Spain. then a world war happens, from the American nations to the African nations. the world will be so badly ruined its impossible to continue.

just an idea, but the most expensive one available (time and effort wise)

It would be nice to to see a revised map and political write-up prior to the epilogue. If it's a case of anyone vs. "Haven" and whoever, it does seem rather pointless to continue.

Economic Stats:

Haven - 451.875
Japan - 395.625
Spain - 286.875
Echidna Empire - 286.875
Indonesia - 271.5
Kalmar - 225.875
Habsburgs - 224
Olafic Republic - 182
Kenya - 156
Island Confederacy - 143.5
NCR - 136.5
Liberia - 127.4
Salt Empire - 109.5
S. Africa - 106.5
Kongo - 105
United Empire - 86.8
Kiwi - 58.8
Madagascar - 52.5
Darfur - 34.8

Other Stats

Epilogue - Lucifer's Redemption

"Going about things the heroic way is even more time-consuming than just doing everything myself. How much time has passed since I last wrote in this thing? Granted, my hands make it kind of hard to use these Earthling pencils, but...

I can see why I was so easily seduced by the dark side - people are so easily misled. Right after I began to form alliances, the Japanese decided they weren't going to have their chance at hegemony be snuffed out. The world was engulfed in flames...

While the Californians remained loyal to me, things still went downhill. Europe splintered; everyone was convinced that Austria was using them as 'meat shields.' As such, Japan, Austria, New Zealand, and Indonesia all became close friends against the United Empire, Kalmar, Spain and Island Confederacy. I kept my promise to intervene despite some stretched resources; I had been trying to improve living conditions in Africa.

...big mistake. It caused a cascade. While North and South America were firmly in my side's camp, Asia fell apart. The Olafics honored our alliance and joined me, and in turn, most of Africa joined the Euro-American side. However, the Echidna Empire, Darfur, and Kenya all joined Japan's side. In effect, the Americas were on my side, but every other continent was cut in half by tangling alliances.

It was a bloody, drawn-out conflict. I couldn't help but think I started it despite my good intentions. Maybe everyone was right in thinking me an idiot... whenever I try to do good, I hurt people. Whenever I try to do what only I think is good, I hurt people. No wonder I was always such a failure... I really should've stuck to guarding a single gem.

Japan was eventually beaten, but World War II claimed nearly two hundred million lives. The Japanese dropped nuclear weapons on several major Allied cities, and my allies did in turn. It was a horrible world, and I was now learning first hand what I had created back home... a world devoid of hope, where everybright light that comes on is snuffed out by something vile and wicked... for once, it wasn't me.

Haven was placed in charge of vast swaths of the world, including parts of Japan, post-war, though the NCR took most of it. I was more focused on the other half of the echidna race I had spawned. I used every bit of money we could spare to try and alleviate poverty... the Mitre - who hadn't had a say in the war really; most politicians were just eager to devour Africa - and myself had lunch one day. I lamented how worthless I was... I couldn't guard my son. I couldn't guard the Master Emerald. I couldn't guard the planet. What kind of sick joke did Fate play on me?

He said that things are very rarely clear cut... and while countless had perished, it wasn't my fault - Japan's leadership was hellbent on global domination. The world would have been helpless against their nuclear power, just as my own world was helpless against my divine power. But by standing up for a noble cause, I had prevented a far worse future.

I smiled... he was correct.

All the countries of the world - greatly enlarged in number after we carved up the former Axis Empires - agreed to form the United Nations to mediate disputes and promote cooperation. GUN was soon formed to enhance military cooperation, and a century later, we got a common currency... I was proud to be helping, rather than just trying to control, this pursuit. I used what little divine power I had to make this world a better place... one we could all agree on, instead of just me.

And that is where I must end this. This world may be unified... but we've finally built a device that could send me back home. I've given tearful goodbyes to all my children, and indeed, all the inhabitants... I've told them to make this world even better than it was when I left it. And that if we were mortal, I'd have to leave eventually anyway... it would be cowardly of me to not return home and face the countless I've hurt...

Well. Wish me luck."

===

Planet: Mobius
Dimension: Fractured Mirror Zone
Year 3267

The pair lamented that only six of the seven legendary gems were theirs. The Master Emerald itself had shattered from the force of being ripped from Enerjak's body, and so they would have to spend some time looking for that.

Jani-Ca, birth name Lara-Su, daughter of the infamous tyrant of this world, was sobbing. She had failed. Just when it seemed they had won, her so-called father had made his escape. As great as the six emeralds were, only with all seven, plus the Master Emerald, could she hope to match her father's power and thus, undo all the damage he had done.

The white-furred hedgehog attempted to comfort her, placing a hand on her shoulder, "We'll find him, don't worry... and when we do, he'll be the one who's powerless for once." He remained upbeat, a wonderful trait in a world as dark and gloomy and devoid of heroes as this one... Jani and Silver were the only ones left... all the world's protectors, from the great Sonic and Shadow to the minor benefactors of Bark and Bean, were all gone. Enerjak had taken each of their Cores, enslaving them for his amusement without a second thought.

...their moment was interrupted as they heard the sound of Chaos teleportation. Naturally, there was only one person it could be.

"Came back for more, huh?!" Silver had surrounded himself in his aura; he had been able to overwhelm Enerjak at full strength with his own omnipotent power, and now that he was weakened, this would be cake.

"I have come back, children, but not in pursuit of revenge as I thought I would." He began to remove his armor... somehow, it had once more enveloped his body, but he was done with it and all it symbolised. He was a protector, not an overlord. The helmet of Enerjak clanked to the floor, Knuckles standing there in his far more recognisable glory... robotic right eye aside.

"..." The pair remained silent... Jani with her sword drawn, Silver with his aura ready to strike. What was this bastard up to?

"I know it's hard to trust someone who's done so much damage, so, allow me to strip myself of the last bit of power I possess..." Knuckles referred to his Chaos Emerald; his own innate Chaos mutations were stolen from him when Jani used the Sword of Acrons to drain him. A white glow eminated from him as he removed the final, white Chaos Emerald from behind himself, "Now, I shall be at your mercy, as so many have been at mine. I hope you, unlike me, will actually show it."

He extended his hand, emerald within his palm. The others stared at the amethyst-eyed supervillain, not sure what to make of this. He just stood there awkwardly.

"...come now, take it. It's not booby trapped, I promise."

The fact he mentioned a trap just made them more wary. He sighed.

"If you won't take it, I shall give it." He threw them the gem... not with chaos energies, but with a standard, mortal throw. Jani didn't catch it; Silver was able to prevent it from hitting the ground in a split second with his powers.

Knuckles laughed, "...It's been a while since I did these things normally..." He winced... he could feel his immortality slowly wearing off... not just the 30 years he spent in this world age-free, but the thousands he had spent on the other, were slowly taking their toll. He knew he'd only have so long, a week at best, before he finally perished.

Jani gathered up all seven... it was a start. But they needed the Master Emerald...

"My omnipotence is fading, but I know the location of all the shards... I am a fallen guardian, but a guardian nonetheless..." The increasingly-aged echidna stated, alleviating their concerns.

"And you will help us?" Jani-Ca questioned, still a bit suspicious...

"It is the least I can do to make amends. Before I die, I would like to undo the damage I have caused and... if they can find it in their hearts, receive forgiveness from all who I have hurt... but I do have one condition."

"...and what is that?" The two said simultaneously. Now they were about to hear what his scheme was...

Jani smiled... "Fine. But I'm keeping an eye on you."

He clasped his hands together, trying to kneel but his aging was quickly weakening him... "Th-thank you! You won't *koff* regret this, Lara... Jani... I promise."

---

Basic rundown of where things go from there (of course, this version doesn't have Knuckles genuinely repentant) at:

http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/sonic_universe/2011/05/dark-mobius---epilogue-15.html
http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/sonic_universe/2011/05/dark-mobius---epilogue-25.html
http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/sonic_universe/2011/05/dark-mobius---epilogue-35.html
http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/sonic_universe/2011/05/dark-mobius---epilogue-45.html
http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/sonic_universe/2011/05/dark-mobius---epilogue-55.html

The pages sometimes don't load; just refresh.

---

Ahem! I wanted an epilogue from a more personal, rather than political view, so I used Knuckles' diary. I know he kind of took over the plot, but that was bound to happen with how he was the economic superpower.

Feel free to write your own epilogues, whether they tie in with mine or not.

In the meantime, thank you for playing; I'll be over at Imperium Universalis!

Could we see a map of the world post-WWII (from the epilogue)? :D

Top Bottom