Sound in CFC adverts: STOP IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!

anarres

anarchist revolutionary
Umm.......

The crazy frog song is playing on forum pages!!!

Adminttedly it only happened when my mouse moved over the advert - but it was VERY LOUD and upset me and several people in my office.

Suffice to say I won't be coming to CFC while it has SOUND in it's adverts on forum pages, let alone the MOST ANNOYING SOUND IN THE WORLD.

...Even as I type this the damn frog is in my header advert and I've set it off twice accidentally. :cry:

I've had that advert on lots of places and set it off about twice accidentally and another time to check that it only plays when the mouse is over it.

I haven't seen the ad yet - which is fortunate coz that frog song is really annoying.

I keep the volume off most of the time. Only turn it on when I'm going to play civ.

If the advert sound bugs you turn your computer sound off whilst veiwing CFC. It's not exactly the most time consuiming of tasks.

I've never felt the need for ad blockers before, but the Crazy Frog was the last straw. I now have an ad blocker, so that one was completely counter productive. I'll never see another CFC ad again.

ComradeDavo said:
If the advert sound bugs you turn your computer sound off whilst veiwing CFC. It's not exactly the most time consuiming of tasks.

What if someone want's to listen to music while viewing CFC? ;)

Anyway, getting an ad blocker is a good solution to the problem, i've personally never seen (or heard) the ad in question but the basic rule is that all ad's are annoying but they are a necessary evil for CFC to stay on the web. :)

anarres said:
Umm.......

The crazy frog song is playing on forum pages!!!

Adminttedly it only happened when my mouse moved over the advert - but it was VERY LOUD and upset me and several people in my office.

Suffice to say I won't be coming to CFC while it has SOUND in it's adverts on forum pages, let alone the MOST ANNOYING SOUND IN THE WORLD.

...Even as I type this the damn frog is in my header advert and I've set it off twice accidentally. :cry:
This is surly one of thes moments that are funny when it happens to someone else. BTW, the Frog must die. :suicide:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Did anyone ever see that piece of crap film? I'll bet no-one who saw that ad did...

Edit: I could be going crazy, but I swear they said no more sound in forum adverts - only possibly in the popups or takeover ads?

anarres said:
Did anyone ever see that piece of crap film? I'll bet no-one who saw that ad did...
I did, however I was not the one who rented it, and in no way did I contribute to the monetary gains of the producer. And, yes, it was a peice of crap film. I urge everyone not to see it. Gouge out your eye and burst your eardrums if neccesary. I only survived because I gnawed off my sixth fingers.

Reno said:
What if someone want's to listen to music while viewing CFC? ;)

Anyway, getting an ad blocker is a good solution to the problem, i've personally never seen (or heard) the ad in question but the basic rule is that all ad's are annoying but they are a necessary evil for CFC to stay on the web. :)
Well I suppose about the music thats a good point.

And yes, ad blockers are the way to go!

Get FireFox and the Adblock extention and you will never hear any of the annoying flash ads again :smug:.

Dell19 said:
Or just don't move the mouse over the advert?
There are certan flash ads that just play sounds without your intervention, namely the frog ad and the stupid flashes of the "shoot the Paparatzi".

Ah crap accidentally moved the mouse over it and now it keeps on playing even if the mouse is moved away.

Yes the joys of targetted advertising. The lesson to learn is to use an anonymous proxy in brazil. ;)

Top Bottom