Southeast Asia 100x100 (PTW)

SithasLLJK

Chieftain
Map of southeast Asia, with a few alterations for gameplay purposes (ie, not as much jungle in the Vietnam area). Barbarians are off by default, as are goody huts - expansionist civs tended to become ungodly powerful in this for some reason.

Updated it slightly by changing the sea.

Download is down a couple posts.

Preview:

Attachments

• seasia.jpg
    seasia.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,082
Just a free standing map I made for a friend and I to play against the AI -- we needed something unusual and challenging, so I decided on this. It worked out pretty well, too. I'm not happy with how the ocean looks though, but I couldn't beat out anything better looking, so I decided to post it as is.

This looks interesting, so I'll give it a try. I'll be curious to see if a player starting in the islands can win without having access to the early mainland expansion. Nice job on the map. It's good to see someone taking a more minimalist approach, rather than a large regional approach (SC Sea, instead of all Oceana or all Asia.).

very nice, two things to point out:
1. since it's the South China SEA, it should probably be SEA instead of OCEAN.
2. Islands in the South China Sea missing, there should be millions of islands in it.

Originally posted by Eastern Knight
very nice, two things to point out:
1. since it's the South China SEA, it should probably be SEA instead of OCEAN.
2. Islands in the South China Sea missing, there should be millions of islands in it.

I updated the sea a bit by changing it to sea tiles, but I'm not sure what islands you mean. From the few dozen maps I've looked at there are no real islands in the South China Sea.

Ah, heh. I'll see if I can locate them and add them in. Always fun to fight over 1x1 islands.

Can you be more specific where they are? On the coastline of Asia, or near Malaysia etc? I know there's a few on the coast of China, but they're so close and so small that they can't be placed on a map of this size, and likewise with the southern chain of islands. Other than those, I really haven't been able to find any.

you can just make some of the larger ones in the sea, maybe just 1 square. i'll try to find a picture for you. i have lots on books, but i'm not sure if i'll find one on google.

here's one i found on the paracel islands on the spratly islands.

Attachments

• south china sea.jpg
    south china sea.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 355
Top Bottom