Soy is making kids gay

Wait, now people are vegetarians because they empathize with the animals?
Isnt that true of most vegetarians? I dunno, Ive always been under the imnpression that while many stop eating meat because they believe its not healthy, most do it because the idea of eating the flesh of other living things repulses them.
Milk is a hot button political issue?? Milk?! :confused:
As strange as that may sound, yes it is. There have been threads here about the Milk Wars. A little googling will get you up to speed on all the milk nonsense. Im talking about cow milk, not soy.

While this isn't the point of the thread, but the BIble is very clear that Homosexuality is conemned in the Bible.
Romans 1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Are you going to quote that passage in every gay thread you participate in?

Lust is used in caese where desire is in the wrong thing.

Maybe from your perspective. To me lust has no negative connotations.

:lol: It would not bother me too much. :D

Hey, I actually like classical music, that's what I listen to in my car. But listening ONLY to classical music? Nope.

Anything wrong with that?

Yeah, that's an emotional reason of being a veggie, not an intellectual one.
The intellectual decision would be along the lines of "producing meat is inefficient and too expensive"
or "meat is bad for my health"
However, Bozo seemed to imply that the intelligent reason to be a vegetarian was because you empathized with them (oooh no poor animal), which is in my view an emotional reason, not an intellectual one.

NOTE: I'm not discussing the validity of the arguments, just their intellectual vs emotional nature.

As strange as that may sound, yes it is. There have been threads here about the Milk Wars. A little googling will get you up to speed on all the milk nonsense. Im talking about cow milk, not soy.

I'd rather not get involved in any wars.. I'm drinking my choccy milk right now :d

Yeah, that's an emotional reason of being a veggie, not an intellectual one.
The intellectual decision would be along the lines of "producing meat is inefficient and too expensive"
or "meat is bad for my health"
However, Bozo seemed to imply that the intelligent reason to be a vegetarian was because you empathized with them (oooh no poor animal), which is in my view an emotional reason, not an intellectual one.

NOTE: I'm not discussing the validity of the arguments, just their intellectual vs emotional nature.

I see your point.. but it's my experience that people who empathize with animals tend to be more intelligent and open minded in general than those who have no such cares. Of course, I don't think intelligence is limited to hard, intellectual analysis, but rather spreads over wide areas, including art, for instance.

Generally speaking, its been my experience that empathy is directly related to intelligence. Imagination is a big component of empathy. You have to be able to step outside of yourself, and identify with another living being. Dull witted people tend to be limited in the imagination department. Remember the recent thread about the prostitutes being killed? Simple, unimaginative people are not even able to identify with another member of their own species.

Bozo: I see what you're saying. It's a bit of generalist statement, but I certainly don't mind.

I encourage vegetarian diets for economic and ecological reasons; i.e. logical!

Are you going to quote that passage in every gay thread you participate in?
I was just correcting an erronous statement about the Bible. I would not have said anything about that if that Statement wasn't made. I will not sit by and watch people misuse the bible by saying that it saying nothing about a particular issue when it does and says something and says that it is wrong, then I will say something. Surely you should know that by now I will defend the Bible.

Maybe from your perspective. To me lust has no negative connotations.
Even in most circles lust is used in a negative sense. We see it when people are pulled away from the people they should be loving and the general response is that they were drawn away by their lusts.

I see your point.. but it's my experience that people who empathize with animals tend to be more intelligent and open minded in general than those who have no such cares. Of course, I don't think intelligence is limited to hard, intellectual analysis, but rather spreads over wide areas, including art, for instance.

Yeah, you're right, intelligence is not IQ only. But I completely disagree with empathy with animals linked to intelligence. I've know pretty stupid people who were just in love with their pets and couldn't care less about other people.

Generally speaking, its been my experience that empathy is directly related to intelligence. Imagination is a big component of empathy. You have to be able to step outside of yourself, and identify with another living being. Dull witted people tend to be limited in the imagination department. Remember the recent thread about the prostitutes being killed? Simple, unimaginative people are not even able to identify with another member of their own species.

Nope. As I stated above, IMO empathy with animals has NOTHING to do with intelligence. As I said, I've seen stupid (literally ******ed) people really caring about their pets, and animal wildlife in general.
I do not think any correlation exists between animal empathy and intelligence.

Surely you should know that by now I will defend the Bible.

The bible needs to be defended?

Even in most circles lust is used in a negative sense. We see it when people are pulled away from the people they should be loving and the general response is that they were drawn away by their lusts.

Uh.. or their sexual desires, or whatever word you want to use. You make it sound like sexual desire or lust is a bad thing, which it is not.

Webster:

Main Entry: 1lust
Pronunciation: 'l&st
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German lust pleasure and perhaps to Latin lascivus wanton
1 obsolete a : PLEASURE, DELIGHT b : personal inclination : WISH
2 : usually intense or unbridled sexual desire : LASCIVIOUSNESS
3 a : an intense longing : CRAVING <a lust to succeed> b : ENTHUSIASM, EAGERNESS <admired his lust for life>

Doesn't sound negative to me.

Bozo: I see what you're saying. It's a bit of generalist statement, but I certainly don't mind.

I encourage vegetarian diets for economic and ecological reasons; i.e. logical!
Logic rules:) Ive tried to be a vegetarian at various times in my life, but I could never sustain it. Gradually I start craving meat until Im practically crazed like a hungry vampire.

Yeah, you're right, intelligence is not IQ only. But I completely disagree with empathy with animals linked to intelligence. I've know pretty stupid people who were just in love with their pets and couldn't care less about other people.

Nope. As I stated above, IMO empathy with animals has NOTHING to do with intelligence. As I said, I've seen stupid (literally ******ed) people really caring about their pets, and animal wildlife in general.

That's why I sad in general. My point is not people who are in love with their pets, it's similar to Bozo's point, it's a matter of emotional abstraction, really.

I have no doubt that there are some highly empathic ******ed people. Hell, animals themselves can be empathic. I did say 'generally speaking'. Lets put it this way: I believe intelligent people are more likely to be empathic.

I have no doubt that there are some highly empathic ******ed people.
:lol: Actually that sounds like a cool club. How can I join?

Hell, animals themselves can be empathic. I did say 'generally speaking'. Lets put it this way: I believe intelligent people are more likely to be empathic.

And I disagree. Because I do not believe that generally speaking, stupid people are less likely to be empathic.

I guess that's that, then. You should be happy, no fuzzy, wishy-washy, middle-stance, we can't tell conclusion ;)

Isnt that true of most vegetarians? I dunno, Ive always been under the imnpression that while many stop eating meat because they believe its not healthy, most do it because the idea of eating the flesh of other living things repulses them.

Agreed, if you believe it is not healthy you just can eat less of it instead of not eating meat at all, which can be dangerous too if you don't watch your vitamins intake, specially the B group ones. I believe that is the reason behind the non eating meat custom on Fridays practiced by Christians, so you can have more variety in your diet = healthier diet.

(same as the prohibition of eating pig by Islam can be related to trichinosis)

:lol: Actually that sounds like a cool club. How can I join?

Have you noticed the adjetive '******ed' in his sentence?

I guess that's that, then. You should be happy, no fuzzy, wishy-washy, middle-stance, we can't tell conclusion ;)
May I offer a wishy-washy solution? :lol:

The empathy Masquerouge is talking about is instantenous based into our natural instincts similar that of dog can feel related to human that is sad.

What Bozo is talking about is making logical conclusion arising from this empathy and connecting it to the things that make you two similar since you feel the same thing but still separate beings.

They are part of the same process but you just happened to separate them I suppose.

Our feelings develop from our instincts and then they are "certified" by the process which we call self-awareness, other words thinking.

I heard that actually many gay males have elevated levels of androgen in utero?

Also, there have been a lot of commercials lately that talk about how manly it is to eat meat. But I always say, it's not manly if someone else killed it.

And by the way, is there something I could eat to make myself asexual?

Top Bottom