Space Armarda; Testing and Modmaking #1

I'm not sure what you mean by wasting any extra production, trade, and food... If they settle on the planet tile, does that mean they forfit the bonus for the tile or something? Also, the planets in this mod are terrain types, not resources, right?

TO SOG: :lol: "Mini-Ships: The most ferocious class of ship, they are all controlled by little kids with remote controls... Death is inevitable." Actually, I think SM has his units near that size, to represent the difference in size between early ships and later ships. That's the reason I made mine so small.

Well, Normal solar system space gives prety low production, trade and food. The real pay off comes from planets, and overlaying special planet resources.
For example;

Plains (inner solar system) food;2 Production;0 trade;1
hills (Planet) Food;3 Production;3 trade;3

However, if you settle on the planet, the maximum will be two food (unless its a agricultural civ) and two production (unless its industrial civ).

The difference is even greater with resources;

earth resource (can be found on one planet) food;4 production;4 trade;6

so that if you settle directly on the icon you are losing a great deal of potential food, trade and production.

@Yeti- I hope you dont mind me stealing your idea for mini ships? There so cool that i want to make some :p There going to look close to what those look like but no too close. Maybe we could team up and do a miniship unit pack of about 30 miniships. :lol:

I was thinking of having more then 1 miniship running around in one animation. Heres a little UFO type thing i made in the past 5min.

Im not quite doen with the modeling and stuff.

TO vbraun: Actually, my plan was to make M-Unit mini-ships the entire time. And, yeah, it'd be cool to work on someone with this, but you didn't steal the idea from me... It was SM's to begin with anyway :p.

TO SOG: I was planning to make they're upgrade counterparts much larger, since interstellar ships would have to be, so yeah, everything but the giant robots part (unless you really wanted to :D).

I was thinking Transformers when I posted that... :goodjob:

One thing the Civ3 unit scene is lacking in is Space Battleships.

Basically, the smaller ships become regulated to Fighter and Shuttle roles, when Big Warships and Colony Ships come into the picture. In any case I'd save the Star Wars like stuff for this mods third or fourth age.

Depending on the scale, yeah. I'm pretty sure SM already planned that. The light-hugger,for instance, is much larger than his shuttle of satellite (a ship with that kind of power would need to be). I planned the same thing... Also, the later settler ships would be larger, representing an increased capacity in biosphere management.

@Yeti- But we should first do a miniship pack. Then we should do the MUnits. Mostly becasue with just the ones you have there the zip with all of them could easily total to over 5mbs. Hey im thinking way in the future but what about a miniship mod. :D

I think I have finished the model of the UFO:

The mini ships look cool, I'd like to see a swarm of missmatched pirates, or raiders. Do you think you'd be able to animate them like the fighters I posted?

Attachments

• fighter.gif
    fighter.gif
    66.1 KB · Views: 145
TO vbraun: Yeah, I think the mini-ships pack would be a cool idea. How many would you like for both of us to make (like 10 for me, 10 for you, or what)? I wasn't planning on making them into MUnits until I put the space mod I'm actually starting to think about realistically... :p

TO SM: Yeah, I could probably do that (doens't seem to hard). One question: did you use OFX to make the animations for the fighter swarm there? If so, are the trails just longs tubes, with increasing transparency?

In addition to Social engineering, there are two other human governments, (not counting anarchy) these are super capitalism, and military government (all names subject to change, ideas welcome).

The first one here is corpratism/super capitalism. the next three are variations on the military brotherhood/United Dominion, not sure which one to use;

Attachments

• techs4.gif
    techs4.gif
    37.8 KB · Views: 139
Smoking mirror said:
In addition to Social engineering, there are two other human governments, (not counting anarchy) these are super capitalism, and military government (all names subject to change, ideas welcome).

The first one here is corpratism/super capitalism. the next three are variations on the military brotherhood/United Dominion, not sure which one to use;

Those linked arms are great.

i like the second one for the military brotherhood.

Top Bottom