Spacer Ones quirky Building/Wonders

well, this is the "malfunctioning" teleporter from Chrono Trigger...Id say use it...I will add shadows to it once I learn how...but for now, its what Id use...as I dont wanna take the "suicide booth" off the side...

Ha...this one is home town Flavor for the other Tampa people out there

Raymond James Stadium...Home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL Football team

I tried the shadows on this one, but the pallet is wrong I think...it was black in Gimp, but Grey now
I'll make a splash for it later, I have lots o' pics I wanna use, so I gotta decide...
if anyone is acctually gonna use this but me, wonder splash ideas are welcome

One way to make shadows in photoshop is to make a copy of the image (say a tower).
shift it to gray scale, cut out the tower. Put it in a new image containing nothing but the tower. rotate it until it looks the right angle for the shadow. This might require resizing / deforming it slightly.
Then make a 2nd copy of the original image. Cut out just the tower (so it can be on top of its shadow).
Paste the shadow in the image, paste the copy of the tower back over part of the shadow.
--edit--
I forgot to mention when you paste in the shadow tower, you play with the opacity level to get the grass to show through.

Ok, I may be totally unable to figure out this shadow thing...Bjornio, can you possibly, make the different layers seperatly for any building, so I can see it?...I am misunderstanding what you mean by rotating the image...maybe if I see what you mean...

If you dont have the time its kewl, but it would help...

Here is the latest building Ive been working on....Someone requested a Sumarian Wonder, so here it is(Id put it with the request but I cant find it)
This is the Ur Nammu in the city of UR...later rebuilt by the Babylonians, this is the Sumerian version...
http://lib.haifa.ac.il/www/art/ur.html

it comes with 3 splashes, cause I wasnt 100% happy with any of em

Ok, I still cant do shadows, but the glow of the rings makes up for it...this is the Transport Rings used by Jaffa and Goa'uld on Stargate...
Note: these are NOT the Tau'ri rings, which are more mechanized looking

Wonder splashes included in case you want to make it a wonder, but I wouldnt

do you do requests? if so, could you make this alien building, similar to a factory?

heres the pedia entry:

Carbonarium:
Long ago, intelligent civilizations realized that power generation via chemical combustion--burning carbon-based materials such as fossil fuels--is not only brutally inefficient, but also so dangerous to the global environment as to be considered barbaric and unethical by any advanced species. Nevertheless, it is also recognized as one of the necessary early steps toward building an industrialized society that is capable of supporting the scientific effort needed to advance to civilized methods of power generation. The Carbonarium is the most efficient combustion facility we are currently able to build; it does generate an unfortunate amount of particulate pollution, but much of a city's garbage and unwanted organisms can be fed into its indiscriminate ovens, thereby offsetting, to some extent, the filth it produces.

Attachments

• 19imp.bmp
    92.2 KB · Views: 140
thats the only pic. its from Test of Time. i think the half-off things are either storage tanks, or venilation ducts... or something...

hows this look?...the thing on the right didnt appear to be connected...you prolly have a better Idea than I do (Ive never seen it before)...but if you want that thing on the right added, it will take some time...

I added an ALT icon, as I didnt like the first one

NP...the ALT was better no?

This is my first attempt at the "Wind Farm" located on the mountain in Cosmo Canyon (Final Fantasy 7)...these are on the mountain, as best as I could reproduce it(No observatory on top)...and the Windmills are enlarged from the original(so you can see em)...lemme know if you want it, and I'll make em just on the ground...also I have a pic for Wonder Splash if you need it

Top Bottom