Spammers

H6g4505

Chieftain
It's getting out of hand. Couldn't you do something about the registration process to make it more difficult for them? Or outright band chinese IP adresses (or wherever they are coming from the mosT)?

the registration process already has some hurdles for completely automatic registration - though semi automatic is eesentially not preventable. Also we are not going to ban whole countries (which would also not help at all against spammers). Rather please do report any spam posts you see (right now there are exactly 0 reports about the ones that popped up today).

Perhaps you were online when not many mods were present. We employ several methods to prevent commercial spam from being posted, or at least break the links in the posts. Moderators will delete any spam that they run across, but as ori mentioned we find it very helpful when members use the report button to bring these posts to our attention.

I always report them when I see them, don't worry.
It probably doesn't help that these are real people and not bots (but you never know).
What I don't get is how they find a forum like this, and why do they choose to spam it.

Just got spammed with friend requests from NotReallyUseles. who is new today, I assume bot or double log in.

Top Bottom