specific game advice

z0wb13

undead
edit: scroll down for screen shots.

i would welcome ideas on how to win this game. edit: pericles/immortal/standard/epic/shuffle- though probably continents.

i had been planning to bulb up to liberalism with an aim at astronomy, but the RNG didn't want to cooperate. now instead, i have a GPro and GEng with which i could use to build the dai miao and sistine chapel and maybe make my first early cultural victory.

edit: i have conquered stalin completely and isabella's former heartland. she has lately researched longbows, making further conquest perilous, wrt my current research capacity. i need metal casting and machinery for maces, she has xbows and is researching civil service. the reason that i was able to win my wars with her up to this point is that the ai is too stupid to repair its plundered iron mines. i feel as though my civ were in need of some respite, though i would surely lose the advantage to the technologically superior isabella.

thanks. let me know if this opens.

Attachments

• march AD-0655bts_civfanaticsboard.CivBeyondSwordSave
    228.7 KB · Views: 206
This is above my level so take what I say with a grain of salt, consider it kibbitzing and maybe just trying to provoke deeper thought by the better players.

I think with Izzy you want to avoid fighting her in the era when you won't have a good answer to her Citadels and Conquistadors, which means and early annihilation or a later-game conquest with a tech advantage of her UU.

Some factors: it's a mixed bag tech-wise but he has several you could steal in an EE. I didn't catch whether GW is in a city you took or if she still has it. If you took GW, I'd run a spy there and try to get some Great Spies going, and see about nerfing her with espionage, while at the same time you rebuild your economy (deficit at 0% slider, I think it's time for a break), and at a certain point tech ahead while scaling back the espionage to simply whack her resources and counter-spy.

Another possibility is to go round objects to the wall in war, try to overwhelm her crossbows with extreme numbers of siege and flank horses. Chopping and whipping could get you there. Raze any city that isn't sporting shiny wonders, etc.

My instinct is to rebuild the economy at this point, which may explain why I'm not a high-level player. That might not really be the way to go, but it's something to think about.

first thing :
you're not going to win an early cultural victory. You have none of the requirements for this.
But you get yourself a late middle age cultural victory.
sistin is certainly big for this.
You have no need for your prophet and won't have any in a near future.
You can either settle the guy (great output under representation, and also gives a bit of culture) or use him for a golden age. Not now though.

- you're clearly winning the fight. Finish her or at least take Seville and Toledo before suing for peace. using spies against a weakened izzy should be easy enough (same religion helps)

@cabert: were you digging through my old posts?

i don't remember how this one went, but i think that i probably finished conquering the continent and then gave up. and i think that i stopped the war right here, then went back and finished it in 10 turns. but whatever.

so but if people are looking at these i have an idea: 1000ad as a walkthrough. because you get to skip over all of the micro of the first 100 turns. plus, some civs are much harder to play (to win) than others. my only problem with doing it is that large maps take so long. i've been playing one as the byzantines for almost 2 weeks now, on emperor, and i don't think that i'm going to finish because it takes too damn long. i'm just slogging through, with no real aim, because i already won in my head.

for the record, i never have accomplished a super-early cultural victory.

here's that easy win if anyone wants it.

Attachments

• Justinian I AD-1896.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 104
@cabert: were you digging through my old posts?

i don't remember how this one went, but i think that i probably finished conquering the continent and then gave up. and i think that i stopped the war right here, then went back and finished it in 10 turns. but whatever.

so but if people are looking at these i have an idea: 1000ad as a walkthrough. because you get to skip over all of the micro of the first 100 turns. plus, some civs are much harder to play (to win) than others. my only problem with doing it is that large maps take so long. i've been playing one as the byzantines for almost 2 weeks now, on emperor, and i don't think that i'm going to finish because it takes too damn long. i'm just slogging through, with no real aim, because i already won in my head.

for the record, i never have accomplished a super-early cultural victory.

here's that easy win if anyone wants it.
sorry for the unvoluntary necro.
I don't know how this one came to the front page:confused:.
I've not been digging but I may have followed a link somehow.

Top Bottom