1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Speculation] Indonesia/Majapahit/Srivijaya

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by seancolorado, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirosi

Nirosi Hymenopus Coronatus

And maybe Bhayangkara should be Longswordsmen, as Kerises require high smithing skills.

2. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

@Aessa, that map really says it all. People tend to forget that it was Majapahit - not Khmer, not Siam - that was the largest empire in Southeast Asian history

3. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

The idea of an Indonesian based civ has been growing on me for a while now. I'm to the point where I'll be a bit disappointed if they don't make the cut. It seems to me that they'd fit this expansion perfectly and would also fill a huge geographic gap.

4. bcaiko

bcaiko Emperor

A lot of people certainly feel that way. I know the more I've learned about Indonesia, the more I think the developers would have to be insane to miss putting them into the game.

5. Petiscator

Petiscator King

I dreamed about civ today... I was checking Arioch's Civilization Analyst website and found out that Indonesia was shown at PAX East with 3 other civs... I remember seeing their icon, it was Ethiopia Green Backgrund and Siam Yellow Icon. Doesn't make any sense, as the symbol was 4 tiny "+" in a "square", as in:

+ +
    + +

Really weird. Just wanted to share my Indonesian dream with you guys, I hope they get in! :)

6. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

You made me think it was real for a moment. :(

But maybe it will be real. Who knows.

7. AessaSH

AessaSH Warlord

Thanks.. :D
    Actually, I've already post my ideas in the "Civ's/Leaders Wanted" thread.. Right now, I'm restraining myself to post there until all of new civs has been revealed.. :D

BTW, nice concepts.. :goodjob:
    Because of the new BNW mechanics.., IMO, Indonesian civ is more likely to get an UA revolving around naval trade route, to simulate them as the controller of Malacca Strait.. Maybe they will get gold bonus if a naval cargo from the other civ entering their territory..?

Ah, I'd read about it somewhere.. When Javanese are going to the battlefield, they will carry 3 krises.. First kris is their own, second is their father possession, and I'm forgot about the third one.. :crazyeye:
    Am I right?

No no no..!!
    That is not a dream.., but a prophecy.. :lol:

===
    Now, let's talk about their architecture for the candidate of their UB/UI.. :cool:
    Example :

Javanese (Central of Majapahit Empire - Java Island)
    Sasak (under direct rule of the Majapahit prime Minister, patih Gajah Mada - Lesser Sunda Islands)
    Balinese (under direct rule of the Majapahit prime Minister, patih Gajah Mada - Bali Island)
    Minangkabau (Pagaruyung Kingdom. Founded by Adityawarman, the cousin of Jayanegara (second king of Majapahit) - Sumatra Island)
    ---
    And many more.. :crazyeye:
    Seriously.., we need more than 1 civ to represent 300+ ethnics with distinct feature from each other.. :sad:
    Well.., it's time to learn how to create a mod.. :crazyeye:

8. Nirosi

9. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Yeah, the special ability was to reflect the kris blade's vicious wounds.

That's a possibility. I made them swordsmen because silat's a pretty old fighting style.

10. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Firaxis could've given you some work-for-hire designing this civ. You can take my "wayang theatre" out and repalce it with a pendopo.

I'll be interested to see what they do with trade, and if it's married to Majapahit in some fashion.

11. AessaSH

AessaSH Warlord

Ah right.., Wikipedia.. :crazyeye:

Nah.., better if they hire the one who already in America..
    For the example is.., Obama.. He was once living in Indonesia.. :lol:

===
    The next theme is about Maritime SEA's characteristic for their UA (either for UA's name or effect)..

- Bhinneka Tunggal Ika - Unity in Diversity
    - Nusantara - Archipelago | Malay World
    - Mandala - Circle
    - Strait of Malacca
    - Spice Islands
    ---
    So, we are already talked about Indonesian colors, symbol, leader, UU/UGP, UB/UI, and UU..
    If Firaxis was unable to create any civ from Maritime SEA because lack of material.., then I will cry on my moms lap.. :sad:

12. ubergeneral

ubergeneral Warlord

i agree. She's probably going to be in if Indonesia gets picked.

anyways my guess is pretty much the same as everyone else. Indoneisa seems likely because they are frequently requested and fit the theme of this expansion. If anything they should get a bonus for trade and be much better at spreading culture and religion through trade routes.

13. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

How about a UA that reflects Indonesia as really good at being colonized :p?

14. AessaSH

AessaSH Warlord

"Should your city be captured, that enemy will gain a huge amount of golds."
    If that the case.. Then I will love to build my capital beside them.. :p

But seriously.., it's sounded like Indonesian civs is not worth being added in the game bcoz they are have been colonized.. :(

15. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Many nations were colonized by Europe:India,Burma,Cambodia,Vietnam.
    Indonesia was overrun by Europe because they were divided in many kingdoms at that time, if the Majapahit Empire was still around by that time, they would have repelled any colonization attempt.
    They definitely deserve to be a full fledged civilization in this game.

16. Syailendra

Syailendra Prince

the keris is a dagger, not sword. So why not give them a unique scout instead, which can fight well and embark. It will surely give them an edge at water maps. Maybe even can be upgraded to swordsman as well

17. AessaSH

AessaSH Warlord

Well.. Many UUs is tend to reflecting the power of their civ's golden era..
    So.., I'm not be suprised if someone else treat the kris user equal to swordsman (Classical Srivijaya) or Longswordsman (Medieval Majapahit).., and also know that kris is not a sword..

But, having a scout who can kill a barbarian brute is also acceptable and might be fun too.. :D

18. Nirosi

There were actually very long Kerises too( 70cm )And Kerises were "invented" in 12-3 century, so it's more Majapahit than Srivijaya.

19. AessaSH

AessaSH Warlord

But, but.., they have a proto-kris depicted on Srivijayan Borobudur bas-relief.. :p
    Spoiler :

Although.., yeah you right, nowadays krises is heritage of Majapahit era..

20. Clause

Clause Chieftain

as an Indonesian i prefer Majapahit as the civ not "Indonesia" since it's the best dynasty on top of all others that we had. Based on history I've learned in school Majapahit reach the Golden Ages when it was ruled by King Hayam Wuruk with Gajah Mada as the prime minister and mentor (search Hayam Wuruk in google for more). From what i learned Gajah Mada were the one that leads Majapahit into the golden age (he did all the job mostly). Although he is not the king but he has major political power in Majapahit monarch, as he is the part of it. The fact Majapahit grew big because they conquer the strategic island for trade route from malaysia-sumatra-java, most naval traveler from east to west or west to east had to cross our border to reach others, same like Singapore nowadays being international port so.... actually in my opinion

Leader: Prime Minister Majapahit
    UU's : (related to naval trade routes) maybe extra bonus on naval cargo or gain gold for open border
    UB's : Candi (actually it just ordinary temple if u guys want to know, just like a Buddhist temple except we have exotic touch add inside) so + tourist attraction meanwhile generate faith + gold if possibly

and..

I don't think any UA atm, idk why but in history i found out our military damn sucks. In history we fought dutch muskets with bamboo spearman gosh.... epic fail, leads to 350 years of colonization. (we should've invest more in military tech)

As for "Kris", it's just an artifact. It's a dagger imbued with magic incantation, even now some locals still believe there's a power so idk how to put this into CIV gameplay maybe firaxis could add magic strength or smthn lol...

But seriously Majapahit actually more like combination of Carthage n Celts with lesser military power. It's like religious maritime nation.

It should be a religious+commerce naval civ... since we have kamehameha as cultural-naval civ

Last thing, we have hundreds of ethnics across county, multicultural yet we live as one.. so the best suit theme is Bhinneka Tunggal Ika same as E Pluribus Unum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.