spies, continued

Reproduce in numbers! Eventually they feed you :p:lol:

Will look at the save when I´m home, but here are some thoughts from work:

- dont worry about the bulbs, we have lib save anyway
- I´m a big fan of golden Ages, so thats probably what I would do with the GS, switch civics and so for fun :mischief:
- me likes Your Espionage spending, good to have at least some points on everyone
- if possible, eliminate the germans one way or another
- have You assigned some priests in Berlin for our confu shrine??
- play Your remaining turns before AK gets sober :run: :pat:

Honeymoon - now I'm confused :)

I did have priests in Berlin, but it's biting the brunt of the 'fighting the motherland' WW - which means it can't run much of anything. :( Shrine is a top priority though...

Have fun y'all!

Thought I'd revisit the Settings from post one:
Lock modified assets
Require complete kills - what idiot checked this? Freddie is going to survive after he is dead.
No vassals

I should have a report up around 9 my time.

No vassals does change the cards as far as whether to vassalize freddy goes.

@trivial, I'd hoped I won't be having this talk for a least another seven years (when my eldest is officially an adult and B has grown up). But the honeymoon is the period after you get married when you go away to an erotic exotic location and try out all the sexual stuff... :lol: at least that was what I did on mine. I even had a willing female that I didn't have to pay for... Err, is that too much info?

Anyway, back to the game.

T197 - reweight the EPs all to Freddie. :scan: Pericles has 5 cities. Loser! Start building stone throwing devices. Trade Theo to Liz for 110g and Drama because I'm insane. Rutherford runs to the Academy then runs back to the GI Farm because I am insane (and not quite sober). I play with sliders. It was fun at the time. Research to 10%, culture to 40%, Liberalism in 21.

T198 - Fred's got 5 cities. Lose a mace to one of Fred's. Do some defensive whackage near Cologne. Take Munich. :) Start a GA now that Rutherford is done running in circles. Cease fire with Fred to regroup. Research back to 50%.

T199 - now running 4 priests in Berlin

T201 - using GA to starve Cologne to grow borders. Also backfilling roads. Worker stuff at this stage usually gets me in trouble. In SP, I tend to start automating them.

T202 - start building kulture starvation in Munich.

T203 - Huayna demands philo. dude, your headpiece is too tight. no. Liberalism finishes. Lose my mind and take Nationalism as the freebie on the road to Constitution. IA starts the Taj.

T206 - Redeclare on Freddie. The time has come. You must go now (search Dr. Suess in google.) Berlin pops a great person next turn (59% it will be a pray guy).

T207 - hamlet destroyed by enemy infiltrator.

T208 - Reweight the EPs. 2 to Pericles, 1 to Gandhi. GreatIdiot Farm pops a GE. He rests pending discussion.

T209 - spy revolts Khazak. We take it. Hairy Palms founded to grab whales and furs. Stuttgart revolts. Finally take it. Freddie is no longer on the mainland. Take Dusseldorf on a gamble. Pop GG and run him to cretinburg.

Stop at T 210 as it seems to be a logical place.

Suggest we build for war on Pericles. notes are illegible. something about taking something from Fred for peace. MM the lands. There's a gperson in GIF. there are 2 spies slacking in the Idiot Academy. Suggest we starve the new conquests with artists.

Sorry, B, but recommend you set up for war with Pericles.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/11866/AK-01_AD-1500.CivBeyondSwordSave

took a screenie, not sure why. The 22 pound cat that is sitting on me is getting annoying.

pretty nice turns and good hammering of the germans. They are down to one city maybe we can eliminate them soon.
Agree on pushing forward against the greeks (they have build us some wonders, too) and get the comlete continent under our control.
Suggest we save the GE for rushing the statue of liberty (only one tech ahead).
Happy level is superb, lets switch to representation next turn.
I saw our trade routes are all domestic?, we should trade astro from an AI and get big money from overseas routes and maybe some much needed health ressources.
Overall, we have a good lead, the game is in the bag methinks. Time for a prankster move to get things interesting :mischief:

edit: hm, seems we didn´t raze bremen, what a junk city :D

I won't have a ton of time until the week-end, requesting a swap or skip.

So that's what a honeymoon is - I'd always thought it involved the moon and a large pot of honey? (10/10 for that definition btw! Although I'd leave the extra info out if you recycle it for the kids. :) ).

AK - nice turns there! Good to see Germany broken.

Is there a wonder worth taking the GE? If not he could be worth saving for a corp? If we keep on attacking people we'll have lots of resources to play with?

Hi all !!
Played only few turns until now ( 8 if I counted correctly ... ). Mainly I tried to revigorate somehow our finances and to built some defensive units for greek-border ( in case of a war we could expect a counterattack in the initial phase ... ). Researched/traded some techs too ( Gunpowder, Astronomy, Guilds and Printing Press ).

Here is a view with the actual border line :

I need a decision from the group if will attack now ( I'll explain latter which I consider this to happen ) or wait for some 10-more rounds ... ;)

The "tech-chart" is here :

And our budget overview looks like this ( please notice the huge civics + cities upkeep :( ) :

If we decide to attack I think that the best is to wait 1 turn ( until Taj Mahal is finnished ) then switch to Nationalism, draft for 2 turns some musketmans for the second-wave and then attack on two directions - forces from Stutgart to Argos and from Cologne to Corinth.
BTW - I tried to pillage his copper ... I sabotage mission succeded the other failed ...

I attached the intermediate save too. If no feed-back will be available in the next 2-3 hrs than please, the next player take it and play after a final conclusion was reached. :)

Regards all

Mîtiu Ioan - That's looking good there! You seem to have rather a gift for economic recoveries. :)

My inclination would be to enjoy the economic/builder benefits of the golden age. There's a load of strong economic buildings available, as well as the all important security bureaus.

I'd consider completing democracy, grabbing economics, then revolting to US/Nationhood/Emancipation/Free Market. Assuming we can get economics before the GA ends... we've got the cottages to make that work for us?

Smash Greece later with a stronger economy and drafted/promoted rifles - it's an easier war as he will have gunpowder soon?

That's my 2 cents anyhow.

Hope everyone is having fun in the christmas run up? :)

Let's consolidate the economy further before pushing another war. By all means keep a city or three on dedicated military. Don't have much time to look at the save, will look after work assuming I still have internet (ice storm yesterday, lots of branches and lines down).

I´m not sure if You will continue Your turns Mitiu.

I don´t think the difference between war and peace is that big, we can fight while having golden times and constructing eco-buildings in half of our cities, no problem here.

On another note, i will be away from 12/23 until 01/03, sorry I should have told this earlier, my bad. So the next one will be my last turnset for this year, appologizes aggain.

Roster:
Mitiu Ioan -
If no feed-back will be available in the next 2-3 hrs than please, the next player take it and play after a final conclusion was reached.
no feedback was given quick enough
wenz - up if the bear doesn't pick up in 24
Trivial -
Admiral Kutzov - Played
Beorn-el-Feared - up!

Oho!!

I completely missed that part. Got some cooking and writing to do tonight, will probably have time to take a stab. Thanks for the PM. If nothing happens within 12hrs, consider me dead, eaten by a tree trunk. A very large one.

Skippity skip.

looks like I got the ball..

hope You´ve seen my vacation time, but I´m putting it into my sig just in case

will play tomorow if nobody says otherwise

edit: hm why don´t I see my own siganture? do I have to write a new post?

Top Bottom