Spring Patch Info

Napoleon is one of the most misunderstood leaders outside their home country. His laws are still used to this day, he was more than just a battlefield leader, he was visionary.

Absolutley!

The Napoleonic Code continues to be very influential in the world today. Certainly a greater influence to the world compared to the U.S. Constitution.

Napoleon was very interested and supportive of Education and Science. Some of the highlights here are the first state funded and controlled public elementary education and a large support and push for accessible secondary education to all. The African campaign included a large number of scientists and engineers resulting in the discovery of the Rosetta Stone.

The notion of a "Napoleon complex"is false. Nappy was average height.

Absolutley!

The Napoleonic Code continues to be very influential in the world today. Certainly a greater influence to the world compared to the U.S. Constitution.

Napoleon was very interested and supportive of Education and Science. Some of the highlights here are the first state funded and controlled public elementary education and a large support and push for accessible secondary education to all. The African campaign included a large number of scientists and engineers resulting in the discovery of the Rosetta Stone.

The notion of a "Napoleon complex"is false. Nappy was average height.

He was the one who wanted people to have a last name thats why a lot of dutch people from the netheralnds took silly last name's.. Because they hated napoleon rules..

https://www.expatica.com/nl/insider-views/Funny-Dutch-names-and-the-story-behind-them_102043.html

Note: i thinx there where some people who had a last name but it wasn't necessairy but napoleon said it was obligated.

Napoleon is one of the most misunderstood leaders outside their home country. His laws are still used to this day, he was more than just a battlefield leader, he was visionary.

Agreed. But It was not the point i was trying to make. There are some scarcely known inventors (steam engine for example) that have made a far bigger impact on our lives today then Napoleons victories on the battlefield. Anyway, this gets a bit offtopic. I was not planning to drag napoleon into the discussion of adding henry tudor.

But he isn't even the best Henry Tudor...

Like i said in an earlyer post. It should not be the best rulers or greatest generals to be made a civ leader. Civilisation is also a place to learn more about history and the 8th Henry was well known, not for his greatest acchievements in life. More because of his failures which is more interesting. It is an interesting time period to study and this man is full of curiosities.

Six wives, two of them beheaded.

Also, what is QI?

One suggests you google the term “QI Henry 8 wives”
The official wife count is 3-4, one was being conservative

Q I stand for quite interesting and often clarifies fallacies as well as being entertaining.

Napoleon [...] was more than just a battlefield leader, he was visionary.
Yeah, some countries, which had the misfortune to be not conquered by him are still today using funny measures for length, weight, etc. ... driving on the wrong side of the street ... and so on ;)

Yeah, some countries, which had the misfortune to be not conquered by him are still today using funny measures for length, weight, etc. ... driving on the wrong side of the street ... and so on ;)
Hey now, we were vaguely ALLIED with him so we didn't have to switch to using meters and stuff. That and so he'd sell us like a third of North America.

Hey now, we were vaguely ALLIED with him so we didn't have to switch to using meters and stuff. That and so he'd sell us like a third of North America.

And now the entire world looks down on your backward measurement system.

Ha, I'll listen to this when the world goes to "metric" ten hour days.

They tried that but it was too big a change.

Are you saying you're using a metric 10 hour day though? Because if not we're still objectively (whatever weight you put to every single category) using more metric than you are.

Actually, NASA uses metric

Now they do. I don't believe they did in 1969, however. After crashing a several hundred million dollar probe in the 90's because of mistaking metric units for English units they decided to go metric all the way.

Top Bottom