Spring Patch Info

Firaxis just tweeted this pic. Speculate away folks. :)

Second leader for Germany then. :D

Since we are speculating, who would the second leader for Germany be? I kind of get tired of Bismark all the time. Or Frederic. Would be nice to have someone different.

I don't know that people could call him a Great Leader, but Kaiser Wilhem might be fun as a "Big Personality."

Second leader for Germany then. :D

Since we are speculating, who would the second leader for Germany be? I kind of get tired of Bismark all the time. Or Frederic. Would be nice to have someone different.
I know who I don't want as German leader. A certain evil Austrian :p

I would be interested in a trade agreement with England.

Esp. of such a trade agreement included what is about to be released.

Def. a German leader -- since noon beer is the best beer, and there was other excitement a few weeks back. I'm optimistic that we are going to get more than just a patch.

Firaxis -- I'm sitting out here waiting to give you my money. Are you going to take it?

Germany --> Kaiser Wilhem, trade agreements --> trading power...

The Kayser-i Rum controlling the major trade routes of their time.

Suleiman I and the Ottomans confirmed.

It was Mehmed II who styled himself the Kayser-i-Rum, not Suleiman (though it did carry as a title after Mehmed II coined it). If Mehmed II was added that would be the first pederast in the Civilization series, to my knowledge.

It was Mehmed II who styled himself the Kayser-i-Rum, not Suleiman (though it did carry as a title after Mehmed II coined it). If Mehmed II was added that would be the first pederast in the Civilization series, to my knowledge.

He was in Civ IV.

Didn't realize the deaths head can be linked to Germany back to Keiser Wilhelm days

You forgot Pericles though. Alcibiades was his teenager protege/lover in the Athenian tradition.
Wasn't Alcibiades his nephew? Not been able to find anything about Pericles' pederasty, though there is a lot of bile towards him due to attitudes towards his wife.

I don't have an online source. My Thucydides is on old-fashioned paper in my den.
At this point it seems to me (based admittedly only on fairly extensive Google searching) that Pericles slept around (with women), but not with Alcibiades (who slept around with both, but not, apparently, Pericles, though he did grow up with his uncle). Apparently Oda Nobunaga may have had a homosexual affair with his page though.

So about that spring patch...at least we all know it won't bring back "Flirtatious" and "Curmudgeon" right?

Last edited:
At this point it seems to me (based admittedly only on fairly extensive Google searching) that Pericles slept around (with women), but not with Alcibiades (who slept around with both, but not, apparently, Pericles, though he did grow up with his uncle). Apparently Oda Nobunaga may have had a homosexual affair with his page though.

I can't find anything online to back my claims either. Therefore, I must retract my statement.

Top Bottom