1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Standard Earth Map Pack

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by RidetheSpiral23, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

There was nothing there on the custom map that I edited so I assume that the units would show up in the same location that they were in the 28 civ map.

Can you? I mean I have the SVN version. So I would assume you don't have new civs like the Aborgnies, Huns or Tupi.

2. RidetheSpiral23

RidetheSpiral23 C2C Map Team

Umm I probably cant load it but I could run a check over the whole file to make sure there isn't anything wrong with it.

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Ok I tried editing it again and now it works. Go figure! Must have had a missing piece of code or something. At least now I know I was on the right track.

EDIT: Ok now when I start the game a whole bunch of extra units appear around the world in all the old spots that they originally spawned randomly. :(

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Ok so now I am getting the hang of this a bit better. I have now been adding "stand ins" for other civs such as "Kublai Khan of the Mongols" is now "Kublai Khan of Tibet" by renaming the civ.

Hoever now am am running into a problem. I know how to undo the fog of war for civs but how do you undo all the contacts with other civs? For some reason I have contact with just about every other civ. How do I keep it to only contact with the ones nearby and not way over seas?

EDIT: Solved it! It was a left over from checking off minor civs so they were still triggered to be at war with everyone. Yay! I should know better to leave off all the custom settings for less possible errors.

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Ok so here is a rough version of the map with more civs. Note they are place holder civs that had their civ name and leader name changed. Included re 41 civs. I my add some more to make a 50 civ version but you can check this out for now. Note you need the latest SVN to run it.

New Pseudo Civs include ...

- Tibet
    - Ceylon
    - Kongo
    - Maori
    - Navajo
    - Jivaro
    - Mapuche
    - Ainu

Additional Normal Civs include ...

- Aborigine
    - Hun
    - Korea
    - Tupi
    - Maya
    - Cherokee

The rest should be the same as were on the 28 civs before (which i think was actually 27 since there were 2 Persias).

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@RidetheSpiral23

I found another problem. You should not have any Aluminum, it should be Bauxite ore instead. Please replace all Aluminum with Bauxite Ore on your map.

Note the map i released don't have this chnage yet either. Just noticed it when testing the map.

7. Hanny

Hanny Prince

8. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

When I say Huns I mean this ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunnic_Empire

Note their origin is no doubt from the Mongols however like many groups they split off and became their own group. Much like how the Romani (aka Gypsies) originated from India and resettled in Europe.

9. Hanny

Hanny Prince

10. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

For simplicities sake ...

Hun = European Horse Nomads

Mongols = Asian Horse Nomads

The east and west versions if you will.

11. RidetheSpiral23

@ Hydro

Thanks for checking the map out for me! I plan on fixing my map as much as I can without the SVN tonight after work. I can still edit out the methane on land and the aluminum on your version with a text editor so I will get that done too.

I will update the downloads tonight when I get around to them and put up a clarification on the fact that you need the SVN to play your version! Thanks!

12. Hanny

Hanny Prince

Native Americans complets your schema for a horse Nomads then.

So haveing a ton of civs, with a paths of each, from Band of Sapiens to Hisiung Nu to Huns to Hungary(http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=248462) is not on the cards;).http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12887 120 civs already going to waste.....

PS Huns(Turkic origins) have no relation to Mongols (Gobi origins).

13. Hanny

Hanny Prince

If the map shows no pre designated start points (a blue circle overlay) then units get scatterd all over the show rather than appear close to the blue circle as a random start spawn point for civ, if you want random civs you need to include these start spawn points to avoid 2 civs units being started next/close to each other.

14. RidetheSpiral23

Updated the main downloads to correct some issues. Please continue playing and reporting, thank you!

15. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Reposting here since it might help you too.

16. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

17. RidetheSpiral23

Yeah I plan on putting the new civs in to the map here within the next couple of days. Had a pretty busy weekend but I'm off a lot this week.

18. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Awesome! I can't wait to see the updated maps! :D

19. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Note to map makers. Some of us cannot handle the uber maps and do appreciate Standard or even Large maps. Huge and Gigantic maps are just too big for some of us to load.

Please make more of the mid range maps!

20. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I agree, Large is about the best we should do for the older PC personnel(DH*hint hint*).